Will There Be Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Ladders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people think Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are spin off games, if the people who make the ladders also think this, then they I assume they won't be making any for LGPE. But they are actually mainline games. Paired RPGs made by gamefreak like all the other mainline games, whose battle mechanics are the exact same as all the other mainline games, the only difference is the way you catch, but you don't catch pokemon on Showdown anyway so it shouldn't matter. The only spin off Pokemon game Gamefreak has ever made is Pokemon Quest. At the conference they call LGPE a mainline game multiple times.

At the beginning of this video, Verlisify shows all the times at the conference that Masuda and Ishihara call them mainline games.

They are still Gen 7 since they don't introduce a new region and starters.

Now normally when the latest mainline games comes out for a Generation, it's ladders completely replace the previous ladders. Like you can only play USUM and ORAS on Showdown, not SM and XY. And that's because normally the newest games are complete upgrades, with maybe a few new pokemon and moves and items, and some mechanical fixes.

But in the case of LGPE, it replacing USUM's ladder wouldn't be appropriate because it takes away a ton of things from USUM, like hundreds of Pokemon since LGPE only has the original 151 + 1 never before seen Pokemon. So in this case, I think the LGPE ladders should be up while USUM ladders are also up.

But anyway I just wanted to ask if there will be Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee ladders when the game comes out.

There is a lot of debate about the difference between core and main in the context of these games, but I'm pretty sure these are spinoff games. Here is a short article with a quote pointing towards "spinoff": http://gearnuke.com/pokemon-lets-go-spin-off-confirmed/

About the question "will it have a ladder", I would assume it might have a special monthly ladder because of the 151 + 1 + Alola Variants available in the game. It would definitely not replace USUM, and it might not even have the monthly ladder if Pokemon Showdown heads agree that it is indeed a spinoff game from the main series.

There is a lot of debate about the difference between core and main in the context of these games, but I'm pretty sure these are spinoff games. Here is a short article with a quote pointing towards "spinoff": http://gearnuke.com/pokemon-lets-go-spin-off-confirmed/

About the question "will it have a ladder", I would assume it might have a special monthly ladder because of the 151 + 1 + Alola Variants available in the game. It would definitely not replace USUM, and it might not even have the monthly ladder if Pokemon Showdown heads agree that it is indeed a spinoff game from the main series.
Core and Mainline are the same things. And the article you linked makes no sense. The title says "Pokemon Let’s Go Confirmed To Be Spin-Off Series, Mainline Pokemon Releasing In 2019" It calls the 2019 games mainline games, which they will be, but Let's Go are already confirmed to also be mainline games. Masuda and Ishihara themselves call them mainline games in the video I posted. Therefore it makes no sense for the article to call the 2019 games mainline games, while calling LGPE spin off games.

after asking Zarel, he said they're likely going to be treated by ps as not mainline (and ignored) since they really aren't. As such, no ladders.
This may change, however, since i was talking to him about other stuff anyway, but I was informed no atm.

Last edited:
after asking Zarel, he said they're going to be treated by ps as not mainline (and ignored) since they really aren't. As such, no ladders.
This may change, however, since i was talking to him about other stuff anyway, but I was informed no atm.
Well that sucks if true. The Showdown ladder was the only thing I was excited for for these games. And they're also confirmed to be mainline by the creators. So it's a mistake not to include them.

Well that sucks if true. The Showdown ladder was the only thing I was excited for for these games. And they're also confirmed to be mainline by the creators. So it's a mistake not to include them.
Where are you getting "confirmed by the creators"? Because I have found quotes from Nintendo employees saying the opposite.

Where are you getting "confirmed by the creators"? Because I have found quotes from Nintendo employees saying the opposite.
Please show me those quotes. And I posted the video in the opening post. All the quotes are right at the beginning of the video but if you want me to timestamp them and quote them here
@1:03 by Ishihara
"I'm happy to announce the newest titles, in the MAINLINE SERIES, of Pokemon RPGs, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee"

@1:22 by Masuda
"And I wanted to bring the fun, of this more intuitive, as well as widely accepted and popular, pokemon catching gameplay right back to the Pokemon MAIN SERIES rpgs, so I decided to work on Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee"

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
There may or may not be a ladder for these games, it really depends on what game freak does I suppose. Currently, while game freak may say "main series" it really contradicts itself since it only has the original 151 pokemon (all past games had all the pokemon from the past game + more if a new gen). In addition, the pokemon company has announced that there is going to be a main series pokemon game coming out in 2019 that appeals to older fans (which I suspect is going to continue the line after sun/moon).

Regardless of if they are main series or not, if they have a ladder would probably depend more on what player VS player battle options there are in the games. For example, if they have a battle spot and VGC, that would be reflected on showdown. If not, maybe there would be a ladder for the games anyways.As for if these games control OU, UU, RU, ect: I'd say no since they lack most of the pokemon of any recent gen.

The above paragraph is my 2 cents on a policy discussion that has not happened yet (due to lack of info), and should not be taken as the "what PS and smogon are going to do with LGPE", PS upper staff and the Smogon SS/TLs will need to talk about it when the time comes.

Marty

Always more to find
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher
Super Moderator
This kind of thing is best suited for the SQSA thread, since there's no discussion to be had here. Regardless of semantics about the definition of mainline, there's no way you can claim that the "battle mechanics are the exact same as all the other mainline games". The only things we really know about these games so far are that they have battle mechanics, there's no Battle Spot, and the starter Pikachu's stats are different.

Feel free to ask again in the appropriate thread once the games are out and the community has done research. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)