Charm
Safe Guard
Mirror Coat
Counter
Encore
Tickle
Destiny Bond
Splash

Fuck yeah its Wobbuffet the pokemon that came, together with Mew, straight from Ubers to UU.
I am pretty sure everyone knows why this happend the immense power creep and the nerf of Encore (it now only lasts 3 Turns) one of his most essential moves in his immense Movepool, made him a lot less effective compared to last Gen.
However in UU the things look a lot better for our favorite blue Blob the attackers don't hit that hard allowing him to actually survive a hit or two and hit back for twice the damage.

The One and Only
Wobbuffet@Leftovers
Ability:Shadowtag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD or 28HP / 252 Def / 228 SDef
Nature: Bold/Calm
-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Encore
-Tickle/Safe Guard

You know how this works, so i won't explain it. Tickle is extremly useful to remove walls or pokemon that just use Support moves and catch them fleeing with a Pursuit user.
Safe Guard protects a team Mate that wants to set-up on a support move from crippeling status.
You could change the EV spread to outspeed things like Chansey , but to outspeed no EVs neutral natured base 50s you already need 140 Spe EVs so its propably not worth it (especially if you switch into a T-Wave).
Destiny Bond could be an option if he wasn't so slow and since the priority berry isn't released yet (and your opponent will see if you got no lefties recovery) you should stay away from this.
Oh and for all the Trolls amoonguss of course a simple Choice Scarf Set with only encore is viable to punish an opponent for using a support move and waste 8 turns of his life (and yours). Alternative you could just use Choice Band Splash wasting your opponents pp as well as a teamslot of yours.

So whats your opinion of him? Will he stay in UU ,should he get banned to BL or maybe we all just use him in OU so he will rise up showing everyone the glory of second Gens Troll Pokemon.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love Wobbuffet. He is so awesome in every way. In revenge killing choice users, he is second to none. And he is awesome.

I don't think he will get a chance to rise up out of UU for now, but once some of the bigger threats are banished to BL, I woun't be surprised if Wobbs follows after.

After all, he is awesome.

I <3 Wobbuffet.

But the encore nerf is incredibly annoying. With encore nerfed, you can't set up harmlessly anymore. Take for example a Bulk Up Hitmontop. In the past, I could come in, Encore the BU, switch out to something like SD Ursaring (i know it didn't exist, but play along), SD, then attack, regardless of whether or switched out. Now, I can bring in Ursaring and set up, but then Encore ends. There isn't time to set up and attack. This makes a lot of it useless. It can Mach Punch me before I can attack, whereas in the past I could get past the priority while it's still Bulking Up.

Still, Mirror Coat and Counter are still incredibly useful. Most things that threaten your team can just be taken care of by a well predicted mirror coat or counter. For example, Arcanine does a number on my team, but a countered Flare Blitz takes care of it perfectly.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well, physically based ghost types (golurk?) and specially based dark types or any combination of the two. Wobbuffet will no doubt be making a splash! the encore nerf, whilst irritating, still provides breathing space for one turn of set up. this can still prove to be extremely threatening with things such as SD cobalion, NP celebi / mew and all that running around. tickle also is not that viable due to the only viable pursuiter being weavile really, with ttar and scizor both up in OU. when custap berry is released destiny bond will make a lovely addition.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Houndoom also makes a valuable pursuit user and so does Druddigon(the blue red dragon) since both also get sucker punch wich often, puts the opposing player in a very difficult position.
Believe me i have used tickle wobb quite a lot and its very effective to remove walls or pokemon that think they could simply use support moves to avoid being countered/mirror coated.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Houndoom also makes a valuable pursuit user and so does Druddigon(the blue red dragon) since both also get sucker punch which often, puts the opposing player in a very difficult position.
And, while not as common, there are plenty of other powerful UU pokemon that get pursuit. Honchkrow, Absol, Skuntank, Krookodile, and Bisharp all get STAB Pursuit, and other strong Pokemon can also use it, like Snorlax and Heracross. So yeah, Tickle is definitely viable.

The Bold spread above takes 78.6% - 92.6% from an Adamant 252 CB Victini without sun. The Calm spread takes 83.7% - 98.7% from the same Victini.

Therefore you should really have Rapid Spin support.

Wobbuffet. The second-most unique Pokémon of all after Shedinja. Therefore... IT'S AWESOME!

Its moveset, however, is too predictable for my liking. Everyone knows how to handle it.

What I want to know is why maximizing Defence is preferred over maximizing HP.

It's HP is already massive so you're better off investing in defenses since it lets you take hits better overall.

He's useful against Choiced pokemon like Scarfcross locked into CC, ScarfKyurem, CB/CS Victini. Tickle with a Pursuit user immediately takes out Chansey and it can also be used to take out their Weather starter if you can predict right/U-Turn around a bit.

there is a lot to be said for running a pinch of speed to outspeed things like Chansey. Wildly helpful to get off an encore on something like softboiled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)