[Won by Limewire] Battle! HD vs Limewire, round 2! (ref: Zarator)

1v1
DQ time: not specified
Restricted Moves: No Recovery, 5 chills
Arena: Arctic

Giant field (i guess?) of ice, with holes spread out. With enough force, the ice may break. Otherwise, the ice is strong enough to hold heavy pokemon. water- and ice-type moves get a +1 damage. The damage will be added on at the end.
All Abilities
Items Disabled

HD sends out Yeti the Beartic!

Beartic [Yeti] (Male)*
Nature: Adamant (Special Attack reduced by *; Attack increased by *.)

Type: Ice
Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon. (Glalie/Froslass line, Regice, Baibanira line, Furijio, Glaceon and Cubchoo line ONLY: immunity to Sheer Cold, removal of Boiling water's Burn effect, and 50% reduction in burn chance from Fire moves.)

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: *****(+)
Def: ***
SpA: **(-)
SpD: ***
Spe: 50

EC: 6/6
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Snow Cloak: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail.
Swift Swim (DW - Locked): (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Attacks:
Powder Snow*
Growl*
Bide*
Icy Wind*
Fury Swipes*
Brine*
Endure*
Icicle Crash
Avalanche*
Ice Punch*
Night Slash*
Hone Claws*
Blizzard*
Dig*

Limewire sends out Shuriken the Starmie!

Starmie
[Shuriken] (Genderless)
Nature: Timid

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

HP: 100
Atk: ** (-1)
Def: ***
SpA: ****
SpD: ***
Spe: 133 (115 * 1.5 ^)

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Abilities:

Illuminate: At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.

Natural Cure: This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analyze (DW): If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Harden(*)
Water Gun(*)
Rapid Spin(*)
Recover(*)
Camouflage(*)
Swift(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Minimize(*)
Gyro Ball(*)
Hydro Pump

Psychic
Ice Beam(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Surf(*)

HD goes first now.

Battle on heroes!

use Dig to break the ice beneath you and to get under the water~swim below Starmie and Icicle Crash to break the ice and hit Starmie~Night Slash
---if Starmie uses Surf/Hydro Pump, freeze it with Blizzard

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright then. Starmie, use Camoflauge when Beartic goes underwater. Hopefully Icicle Crash will miss. Anyways, as Beartic rises up to attack, attack with Psychic and push it into the water (and jump into the water as well). Finally, use an evasive Rapid Spin to spin away from Beartic underwater (lol 133 speed vs 50, I probably should have gone with Modest/Bold anyways).

Camoflauge ~ Psychic ~ evasive Rapid Spin

Round 1

HP 100
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

HP 100
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Brr, this is so cold... Come out of that Pokéball, Litwick, and give me some heat - and don't attempt to steal my soul, or I'll order Hydreigon to eat you -.-

Now, where are we? Oh look, Yeti just emitted a mighty roar and started ramming in the ice, breaking it apart. Strong! Meanwhile, Starmie... where's Starmie? I can't see it anywhere! Where did it go?

What's wrong, Litwick? Oh, whoa! The Beartic! He's swimming right below our feet! He seems to be directed near where Shuriken was first released. Maybe he identified where the Starmie is? But, what is happening now? Yeti seems to be stopped by a sort of psychic force which squeezes him over! Not for much, though, as the Beartic manages to shrug it off and erupts to the surface... Look, it's Shuriken! Here it was! Yeti's aim seems really accurate, no doubt!

Now the bear attempts to ravage it some more, but the Starmie easily escapes his grasp and spins away from him! Man, is it fast!

HP 86
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 89

HP 90
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 85
Status: Camouflaged for (3) more actions (not effective in water, though)

Calculations:
Dig: 6 energy
Camouflage: 6 energy, I calculated it as a +2 Evasion as long as it stays in the terrain he camouflaged into, i.e. icy white soil
----------------------------------
Psychic: 9 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 14 damage, 6 energy
Icicle Crash: (9 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 0.67 = 10 damage, 5 energy
--------------------------------
Evasive Rapid Spin: 3 energy, diven into water
Night Slash: not done, too far

Limewire goes first now.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay now. Hydro Pump ~ Surf ~ Hydro Pump

If Beartic attacks with Night Slash after it used Claw Sharpen, scoot away with Rapid Spin (you know, like cartwheel away). If it attempts it again, use evasive Hydro Pump on the ground to jump into the air and dodge the attack. Unboosted Night Slash shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope.

freeze the hydro pump with blizzard~stay behind the frozen hydro pump to dodge the surf~dig above below the ice depending on where BEARTIC is to dodge the next hydro pump
---if my attempts to dodge don't work then neither should have that rapid spin, dick

Round 2

HP 86
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 89

HP 90
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 85
Status: Camouflaged for (3) more actions (not effective in water, though)

Brr... damn it, make that fire stronger Litwick, I'm freezing my nuts here! Oh, look, Shuriken is showing over the water surface. What he's gonna... whoa, that's a huge jet of water here! But, Yeti breathes a frigid wind to freeze it in air! He still seems a bit battered by the hit, but the Starmie certainly hasn't enjoyed the icy breeze either!

Now Shuriken dives underwater, looks like he's gonna follow up with the next attack. And there it is, a powerful wave of water floods all over the ice! The Beartic backs up as fast as he can, but he still is not fast enough to avoid entirely the little tsunami.

The Starmie attempts to capitalize on the advantage with another powerful blast of water, but this time Yeti anticipates him and dives underwater again! Now they're both under our feets, Litwick, at roughly 18 meters of distance... Oh boy, while I feel so tired, but your flame looks so brighty?

HP 71
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 76

HP 85
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 61

Calculations
Hydro Pump vs Blizzard: I decided to ref this making both attacks hit for half damage. I could have decided to nullify completely both moves, if Beartic weren't so slow, to the point I can't really justify him getting initiative on equal foot with something fast more than twice he is.
Hydro Pump: (12 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 0.5 = 8 damage, 7 energy
Blizzard: (12 [AP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 0.5 * 0.67 = 5 damage, 7 energy
--------------------------------------------------------
Surf vs Dodge: Again, Speed played a big factor in my decision. To make a comparison with the round before, Starmie was the one going first anyway, so he had all the rights to manage to dodge, whereas in this case the one trying to dodge would have had to go second, so it seems reasonable to make him take only half damage.
Surf: (10 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 0.5 = 7 damage, 6 energy
--------------------------------------------------------
Hydro Pump: 7+4 energy, missed due to Dig

motherfucker

Night Slash~Hone Claws~Night Slash
---if he uses an evasive move, use Hone Claws
---if he uses hydro pump or thunderbolt (assuming he wants to shock us both), move out of the way by digging up, through the ice (this means use DIG, and NOT TO HIT HIM)
---if at all possible, try to hit zarator - but only if they don't interrupt your other moves

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
stalling is my niche kid, GTFO

Psychic ~ Thunderbolt (forces him to use Dig) ~ Hydro Pump at the ice right under Beartic (don't think Beartic needs to dodge this, but w/e)

Round 3

HP 71
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 76

HP 85
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 61

What do you say Litwick? My soul tastes good?... Mmm, let's forget about it.

Yeti start swimming fast towards his enemy, his claws glowing in a dark energy! Shuriken attempts to stop him by ramming him with his sychic powers, but the bear keeps going on and rakes him violently. Ouch, that's gonna hurt.

The Starmie angrily retaliates with a bolt of lightning electricity. Look, the water is shining! Let's take a closer... whoa, the Beartic just erupted from below! Man, is it huge!

Now Shuriken aims at the ice below Yeti's feet a powerful jet of water, but as the ice cracks before him, the BEartic jumps into the water and lacerates the Starmie another time! Now the two are very close to each other, but I'm not sure I can see them clearly, they must be some feet below the water surface...

HP 45
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 56

HP 55
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 41

Night Slash: (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 15 damage, 5 energy
------------------------------------------------------
Thunderbolt: 10 [AP] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 12 damage, 7 energy
Dig: 6 Energy (you were in close range after the Night Slash, so you didn't make in time to avoid the bolt)
------------------------------------------------------
Hydro Pump: 7 energy
Night Slash: (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 15 damage, 5+4 energy

Limewire goes first now.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Psychic ~ Hydro Pump ~ Psychic

• Chill if HD is using Hone Claws, but only once during this round.
  • If Beartic attacks you with a boosted Night Slash, try to dodge it by using our signature evasive Rapid Spin crap. Hopefully you can survive unboosted attacks. Hopefully.

Limewire, you're pushing it way too much. I won't allow you any more than 2 substitutive actions. Repost your actions accordingly, Pokémon are not computers to program with a hundred strings. And just to make it clear, stuff like:

If Beartic attempts to dodge using Dig or w/e, chill on that turn instead, but only once! (including the chill during Hone Claws, if he uses Hone Claws). However, HD may issue a command like this: "Use evasive Dig if Starmie attacks, otherwise use move X" (or something like that). This would create a paradox since the attack of our Pokemon would depend on what each other chooses. If this happens, use Water Gun instead to force him to use evasive Dig, as he will hopefully waste more energy than you.
is beyond what I'm willing to accept in a command post.

dig below the hydro pump to dodge (not like this is going to work ofc because apparently i'm not fast enough)~Night Slash~Hone Claws since he'll be forced to chill

HP 45
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 56

HP 55
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 41

Umm, what's going on there, now? I can't see anything... Oof, Yeti just crashed into the ice below me! He must have been knocked back by Shuriken's psychic energies. Better get out there! Looks like the Beartic is digging himself a way towards the surface again.

The Starmie would want to blast him with a jet of water, but he struggles to aim due to the ice blocking his path. However, at last Yeti dives in once again and slams into his opponent with mighty force! Shuriken retaliates with a highly-pressured blast of water, but that doesn't prevent the angry bear from slashing into his foe once more!

The melee seems to have exhausted both, though, so they back off from each other and prepare themselves for the final confrontation. Yeti sharpens his claws accurately, while Shuriken lightens up his core and recovers some energy.

HP 11
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 39

HP 29
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 40

Calculations:
About the Dig: the entire "Dig below Hydro Pump" is kind of confusing, since you're in water and hence you can't dig below that. Plus, it's only reasonable that, even if you are to take cover on action 1, if you wanna hit him with Night Slash on round 2 you have to expose yourself to the enemy in melee. So I decided to ref it with HD dealing both Dig damage and Night Slash damage during the second action, but Limewire gets off his Hydro Pump as well.
Psychic: 9 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Crit] = 17 damage, 6 energy
-----------------------------------------
Dig damage: 8 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif] = 11 damage
Hydro Pump: 12 [AP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 17 damage, 7 energy
Night Slash: (7 [AP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 15 damage, 5 energy
-----------------------------------------
Hone Claws: 6 energy, +1 Atk, +1 Accuracy
Chill: +12 energy

HD goes first now.

night slash~immediately follow up night slash~night slash
---if the first night slash doesn't kill, we are fucked immediately follow it up with a second night slash

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh my GOD, this is my fastest match yet. Well done HD and Zarator, and GG.

Anyways, pray that we can survive +1 Night Slash and Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic away!

Round 5

HP 11
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: 39

HP 29
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 40

Litwick, what's happening? I can't see anything... ew, I'm starting to feel kinda drowsy here, what're you doing Litwick?

Hey, I think I saw something over there! It must be... but, it's Yeti! He seems to drift on the water surface, exhausted! I guess Shuriken knocked him out, at last.

HP 0
Atk ***** (+)
Def ***
SpA ** (-)
SpD ***
Spe 50

Energy: N/A

HP 29
Atk ** (-)
Def ***
SpA ****
SpD ***
Spe 133 (+)

Energy: 34

Calculations

Congratulations Limewire on your success!

Here are the rewards:

Trainer Counters

HD: 2
Limewire: 2

Referee Counters

Zarator: 1

Pokémon Counters

Beartic: 1 MC, 1 DC
Starmie: 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)