Tournament (Won by @MichaelderBeste2) $50 Team Preview (bring 12 pick 6) First come, first serve Room Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Approved by Nol

Welcome to the first ever Team Preview [room]tour! The idea behind this is to see what it would be like if each player had more options at the beginning of a game. It's similar to the Same Six format played in the Tournaments room, but instead of getting 12 Pokemon to work with and bring to a game, there are 12 options given. The way it works is as follows:
  • Every player is given the same 12 randomly generated team carefully chosen by the host's calculated system [of typing !randpoke fe, !ubers, 12 a few hundred times in a groupchat].
  • Each player brings all 12 Pokemon to each game and then at team preview, each player picks 6 pokemon to use in the battle.
  • Moves, IVs, EVs, natures, etc. can customized.
  • Regional variants of allowed Pokemon are allowed (for example, Weezing can be replaced by Weezing-Galar).
  • Battles are played in: [Gen 8] OU.
How will this work?
On Tuesday, July 13th at 5 PM CDT (GMT -5), I'll create a subroomgroupchat on PS! and post the link to it in this thread. The tour itself will have signups open for 15 minutes, and as a precaution to prevent too many people from joining I'll set it to a 128 cap. This is where the "first come, first serve" part of the title comes in. For obvious reasons, any attempts to "cheese" the tournament (whether it's through ghosting, attempting to bypass anti-scouting measures, or just plan unsportsmanlike behavior) will result in an instant disqualification.

For those curious, the tour settings will be as follows:

Automatic Disqualification: 5 minutes
Scouting: Disallow
Modjoin: Allow
Forcetimer: On
Min Team Size = 12, Max Team Size = 12, Picked Team Size =6

What does the winner get?
Although it's primarily for fun, there is an incentive for winning this tour: The winner will receive a $50 cash (not literally cash since it's digital, but you get what I mean), courtesy of myself :) In order to claim said prize, I'll contact the winner when the time comes and we can figure out what's best.

Oh yeah, I guess people will want to know what the actual Pokemon are...
1626060421990.png

Note: You'll have to build your "team" using the "New Box" feature in teambuilder.

Last edited:
Awesome idea.

I'm confused tho, do we all get the same team or all have a different randomly generated team?

If we all get the same team I'm not sure what the 12 mon preview actually brings to the table since team preview will always be the same.

Vertigo

si tu le voulais, tu le serais
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Awesome idea.

I'm confused tho, do we all get the same team or all have a different randomly generated team?

If we all get the same team I'm not sure what the 12 mon preview actually brings to the table since team preview will always be the same.
People probably won't choose the same 6 mons in the end, and if there wasn't Team Preview with the 12 mons you could just see which 6 mons your opponent took. Team Preview is here so you don't know which 6 mons your opponent chose among the 12 available ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)