Words of Encouragement

It's a brutal and merciless world we live in and everyone needs encouragement to overcome obstacles and hardships throughout this world and life itself. I thought I'd start a thread so everyone can share some words of encouragement with each other to keep people motivated either via ourselves or from existing quotes!

If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can't buy! - Unknown proverb:psyglad:

Tory

Banned deucer.
Here are my top 50 favorite quotes I look up to:

50: When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

49: There is nothing permanent except change. ~ Heraclitus

48: You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. ~ Indira Gandhi

47: The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. ~ Amelia Earhart

46: Do not mind anything that anyone tells you about anyone else. Judge everyone and everything for yourself. ~ Henry James

45: Learning never exhausts the mind. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

44: All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

43: The only journey is the one within. ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

42: Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. ~ Will Rogers

41: Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. ~ Khalil Gibran

40: No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~ Aesop

39: Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. ~ Karl A. Menninger

38: Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. ~ Satchel Paige

37: It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company. ~ George Washington

36: Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak. ~ Thomas Carlyle

35: Independence is happiness. ~ Susan B. Anthony

34: Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you. ~ Walt Whitman

33: Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise. ~ Sigmund Freud

32: Happiness can exist only in acceptance. ~ George Orwell

31: Love has no age, no limit; and no death. ~ John Galsworthy

30: You can't blame gravity for falling in love. ~ Albert Einstein

29: The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~ Lao Tzu

28: The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

27: There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~
Edith Wharton

26: Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. ~ Edward Everett Hale

25: Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay. ~ Simone de Beauvoir

24: I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ Thomas A. Edison

23: Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. ~ Benjamin Franklin

22: There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. ~ Thomas Aquinas

21: A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. ~ John C. Maxwell

20: There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved. ~ George Sand

19: If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. ~ Milton Berle

18: The secret of getting ahead is getting started. ~ Mark Twain

17: Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. ~
Margaret Mead

16: When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves. ~ Viktor E. Frankl

15: Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. ~ Robert H. Schuller

14: All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~ Walt Disney

13: We know what we are, but know not what we may be. ~ William Shakespeare

12: Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. ~ Swami Vivekananda

11: Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. ~ Soren Kierkegaard

10: The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. ~ Socrates

9: As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

8: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

7: Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! ~ Dr. Seuss

6: Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you. ~ Loretta Young

5: Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

4: One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

3: Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. ~ Buddha

2: Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. ~ Joseph Campbell

1: It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. ~ Aristotle

You deserve self-acceptance, self-respect, happiness, and success. You deserve just as much to feel good about those things once they're inner fixtures. Do your best to not let insecurity, doubt, or the petty meanness of another hinder that.

"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.
-Knute Rockne

another one

-DJ Khaled

There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do
-Derek Jeter

Damn why am i so inspirational today?

If football has taught me anything, it is that you can overcome anything if, and only if, you love something enough.
-Lionel Messi

I don't really have any quotes from anyone and I don't care to look it up so here's some things I learned from my pessimistic world view.

Life sucks..... no seriously life sucks but it doesn't have to suck forever. The mistakes you make today turn into lessons tomorrow.

If you hate yourself then truly, everyone in the world hates you.

You'll get concussions along the way but if you keep smacking your head against that wall, it will come down.

There's always someone better than you, so get better and beat them.

That's all I got for now. :P

Edit: I got 1 more.

Tell yourself everyday, "you suck", then tell yourself, "Imma be more awesome today"

Last edited:

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh boy, this is my kind of thread.

"Get going. Just don't be distracted by the what-ifs, should-haves, and if-onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - that is the truth of your universe." - Kamina

"Unconditional love is something that worldly logic can never explain, is it not?" - Miyoko Tenkawa

"Have I ever apologized for my blindness even once? You can't help the way you are born. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person. Please don't apologize for that." - Lilly Satou

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future." - Phoenix Wright (surprisingly)

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Motivation is bullshit. Motivation doesn’t get anything done. Motivation gets you GOING. Discipline, commitment, strong habits is what gets things done. Motivation is just a feeling. Grounded action is what gets things done.
-Elliot Hulse

Motivation is very ungrounded

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)