Cannon Bug (Forretress) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion

I went with Forretress mostly for his utility with hazards, and his ability to take out most hyper-offensive leads. He's a hazard setter/suicide lead, with Rapid Spin thrown in to counter other hazard setting leads. I can also reserve him for a surprise Custap-Explosion later if I need to drop some damage on an annoying wall, or, as often is the case, said HO lead has priority moves.

Poseidon (Swampert-Mega) (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall

Aside from being my personal favorite mon, Mega-Swapert is one helluva Physical Sweeper, and outspeeds most of the tier after Tornadus's Rain Dance. He covers Tornadus's weaknesses as well, making him my go-to for an emergency hard switch. I opted for extra elemental coverage over Rain Dance since most Mega-Swampert I've seen have trouble against physical walls with easily exploited weaknesses, like Mandibuzz.

Clever Girl (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Taunt
- Foul Play

I went with cleric Umbreon for it's impressive bulk and ability to counter slow Physical sweepers. It can tank most super-effective attacks at full health, and be back to full after Wish/Protect shenanigans + Leftovers. Taunt is a necessity to counter walls like Mandibuzz and Florges, and Foul Play is just so dickishly fun once any Fairy threats are cleaned up.

Chubs (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Blissey is the full-time cleric for the team, more for cleaning off burns from Mega-Swampert and the frequent Toxic and returning fire with it's own. Of course, it also rolls Wish/Protect + leftovers shenanigans to promote the slow painful kills late game. Provided, of course, said last-mon-standing isn't immune or rolls Taunt.

Whoosh (Tornadus) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Hurricane

Tornadus is my utility mon, setting up for Mega-Swampert's sweep with Rain Dance, or Taunting clerics and walls. U-turn, combined with his ungodly unboosted, speed let him swap out of most annoying Electric scarf-sweepers before they get going. Finally, Hurricane combined with 8 turns of downpour can make him a surprisingly powerful Special Sweeper and good counter for most of Mega-Swampert's checks.

Jello (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus is the counter-sweeper of the squad, liberally using Trick Room to nullify Scarf-sweepers that can OHKO most everyone else on the team. His extra bulk allows him to safely get 2HKOs on fellow Psychics and even the occasional Dark type.

I like how it runs, but I've found some major sore spots with it, namely Fairy types and low-maintenance walls. I'm considering trading Jelly for an Empoleon seeing as how a PSY/GHO/FIG spread isn't really necessary for most fights. Not to mention Jelly winds up 2HKOing most of the time, even after Trick Room.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi cool team. Here are some of the changes:

Mega Swampert should have Rain Dance over Brick Break to make it a terrifying sweeper in Rain. It should also be Jolly Nature to outspeed Choice Scarf Mienshao in rain. I don't see the point of using Tornadus just because of Mega Swampert. So therefore, I'd use a Fat Defog Salamence over Tornadus, since it can check many threats like Cobalion, Mega Beedrill and Fighting-types. Next up, your team is really vunerable to Slurpuff, so I think running a Doublade over Blissey is a good idea, since your team already has Umbreon as a SpD wall, and Doublade can be a wincon as well. Next up, I suggest making the Reuniclus Defensive Calm Mind, since your team has the proper support for it.

Here are the sets:

I (Salamence) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Aerial Ace (For Heracross)

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Good luck!

Hi MrPug,

So, looking at your team, Forretress being the Hyper Offense Suicide set makes very little sense. There are SO many mons on your team that offer essentially free Defogs/Rapid Spins that it's still to waste one of your own by blowing up and essentially getting little utility overall. You should switch the set to the following:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Your team is sort of halfway inbetween a Balance archetype and a Rain archetype. For my suggestions, I'll be pulling back more toward Balance, because otherwise the composition of your team changes far too much.

The Umbreon set you are using is a little bit "do-nothing". Sure, it will wall some things, but overall I think you need an alternative winning option that provides defensive utility. As a generally defensive mon, Florges offers a lot more, and can additionally provide a win condition using it's CM set while getting rid of a fighting weakness that your other wall shares. As well, I don't think you need a specially defensive wall on a team that has Blissey:

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

You can keep the mini rain core, but to be truthful, I'm not a fan of it. I think Swampert works better for you as a fast wincon in your own, giving you a different dimension of attack than CM Florges which is a "slow" sweeper:

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

At this point, I notice that you have trouble with "Cro" mons like opposing CM Reuni and Suicune, a cool way to handle that would be to use Taunt/Toxic Mandibuzz which helps break up stall/bulky offense/balance teams:

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

These are some pretty solid ideas. I'll try rolling both and see what feels right.

Pity I can't keep the Forretress Suicide Bomb though. I love throwing it at CM glass cannons. :D

No real reason not to keep forry here if you like it just rebuild to HO if you really want to keep it.

Kill bliss

Kill umby

swap torn to LO with taunt+hurricane+superpower+rain dance/tailwind

run rain dance over brick break on pert.

feel free to run LO wisp/Fire Bast/Hurricane moltress

Colbur stallbreaker jellicent gives you a cune answer and is one of the better spinblockers in the tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)