World Championships Thread - BLUECOOKIES WORLD CHUMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
by the way

you gotta play at nationals ant top 16 again. that way, if I get 17th, your invite will be MINE. xoxo
I talked to Mike about that, and I'm allowed to play in regionals/nationals, but if I win an invite in nationals it will be passed down. Thanks for all the support guys and it was a great weekend hanging out with all of you there. Expect a warstory sometime this week.

I've been getting alot of questions about the team I used at Worlds and how it worked so here is a quick rundown of what it was:

Groudon
~Brave, 0Speed
252HP/252Atk/6Def
*Earthquake
*Rock Slide
*Protect
*Swords Dance

Jumpluff
~Jolly
252HP/252Speed/6SpDef
*Sleep Powder
*Protect
*Bounce
*Encore

Dialga
~Quiet
252HP/252SpAtk
*Dragon Pulse
*Trick Room
*Protect
*Flamethrower

Abomasnow
~Quiet
252Spatk/252HP
*Blizzard
*HP Fire
*Protect
*Grass Knot

Mewtwo
~Sassy
252HP/236Spdef
*Trick Room
*Selfdestruct
*Blizzard
*Protect

Parasect
~Brave
252HP/252Atk
*Spore
*Seed Bomb
*Protect
*X-Scissor

Items/Pokemon that use said item:
Iron Ball - Groudon, Mewtwo, Abomasnow
Life Orb - Dialga, Abomasnow, Parasect
Focus Sash - Jumpluff, Parasect
Sitrus Berry - Dialga, Abomasnow
Yache Berry - Jumpluff, Parasect

This team may look weird to you, but it's something that andrea and I have been playing around with for months. Groudon/Jumpluff is a typical lead, distrupting the opponenet with sleep powder and encore. The constant threat of disruption makes people double target Jumpluff and allows me to set up Swords Dance. I try to preserve Groudon until Jumpluff dies so Dialga can come in and Trick Room. From there, I play it by ear and play around with a slow Groudon and Dialga. The last Pokemon for this team can either be Abomasnow or Parasect. Abomasnow works obvious in Trick Room, but Parasect is what makes this mode shine. Jumpluff wastes opposing Lums/Chestos so that Parasect can Spore without worry. Dialga/Parasect is amazing pair and I will get into that more when I post my warstory.

The second mode of this team is what catches people off guard. I run a slow, 0 speed Iron Ball Mewtwo to set up a Trick Room. It's paired with Abomasnow to fake an Abomatwo lead. Blizzard is there in case I want to attack. I never used it once. Mewtwo is EV'ed to take Spouts and Specs Dracos and Trick Room after. Once it's done, it booms and lets either dialga or parasect have all the fun.

I played with maybe 12 different combinations of Pokemon/Items this weekend, each with it's advantages and disadvantages. Life Orb Parasect was definitely my MVP.

I'll do a more indepth analysis when I'm not tired as balls.
Very cool team.

Congrats Bluecookies!!!!!!!!!!!!! USA USA USA!

I talked to Mike about that, and I'm allowed to play in regionals/nationals, but if I win an invite in nationals it will be passed down. Thanks for all the support guys and it was a great weekend hanging out with all of you there. Expect a warstory sometime this week.
^_^

Yeah, North America.
idk my bff usa

PS: Japanese players who can read / type in English should most on Smogon more so we can get a worldwide community going =) If you're reading this, post!
THIS.

You guys should talk in person with the japanese players about Smogon and how with them it can be a global community.

Yeah! High five, bc!

I kinda vanished from skarmbliss and smogon for a while, but was still rooting for you guys.

Here's to hoping I make it out next year.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if they're up anywhere else yet, but I'll be uploading all 3 live final battles throughout today.

Later on in the week I'll have a big quality video log of our time in Hawaii, with all the fun in the lobby as well as battles. I'll be sure to include Bad Intent losing badly in an arm wrestling match, the Spanish lessons, and if the quality is good enough: Giratina SERPENT FORME!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god hahahaha you guys all rushing the stage in unison is absolutely classic!

I'm honestly surprised you guys didn't all mob Ray and start throwing him up and down in a comical fashion. It would have made the victory that much sweeter.

With that said, thanks for uploading the final matches for my viewing pleasure, Kinneas.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm honestly surprised you guys didn't all mob Ray and start throwing him up and down in a comical fashion. It would have made the victory that much sweeter.

With that said, thanks for uploading the final matches for my viewing pleasure, Kinneas.
We were too slow rushing the stage, but that was the plan we had discussed.

So according to Pokemama (Marriland's mother) it looks like Marriland is going to upload the video of the smogonites doing "THE QUACK" to his youtube channel.

That announcer was annoying though.
Thou shalt not speak ill of Nick McCord! He's a p cool dude imo.

Though the finals videos did make one thing pretty apparent: No matter how much enthusiasm or general knowledge of the game you may or may not have, a straightforward play-by-play of Pokemon is pretty boring as far as commentary goes. It would be better if he could give a little bit of insight to the battle strategies, even something as simple as Guts burn = attack boost, but that's probably not allowed due to the competitors themselves also being within earshot. Even though one would certainly hope that the world finalists would be up to speed on the game. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)