Tournament World Cup of 1v1 II - Won by Coastal Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

ninjadog

levi of the decade
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Unsure of what happens here but I don't know if Rumple and I will be able to complete our matches, basically I can do 12pm-2am my time (GMT+11), maybe slightly earlier/later but he's only available 3:30am-9:30am my time which I can’t do.

Thurs/Fri/Sat night when I don't have anything the next day I could’ve probably stayed up later and I played, but I didn't get a response til it was Saturday night (VMed Thursday afternoon) already and he asked for tomorrow or later that day, and I agreed to tomorrow as I'd already given the times I could play, so I presumed the time he offered would be within that window I'd given.

Ideally we’ll play today but if not I don’t think it’s fair if this becomes a dead game (whether it be act or double sub or they sub) given we have to win to have a chance at playoffs, and I’ve made myself as available as I can without drastically changing sleep schedule and other commitments.

Unsure of what happens here but I don't know if Rumple and I will be able to complete our matches, basically I can do 12pm-2am my time (GMT+11), maybe slightly earlier/later but he's only available 3:30am-9:30am my time which I can’t do.

Thurs/Fri/Sat night when I don't have anything the next day I could’ve probably stayed up later and I played, but I didn't get a response til it was Saturday night (VMed Thursday afternoon) already and he asked for tomorrow or later that day, and I agreed to tomorrow as I'd already given the times I could play, so I presumed the time he offered would be within that window I'd given.

Ideally we’ll play today but if not I don’t think it’s fair if this becomes a dead game (whether it be act or double sub or they sub) given we have to win to have a chance at playoffs, and I’ve made myself as available as I can without drastically changing sleep schedule and other commitments.
So let me get this straight:
Your sub died out,you got subbed in on Thursdsy and you're blaming your opponent for not responding for 2 days?
And then,you want to get an activity win because both of you are bad at scheduling and can't find a time at which both of you are a availiable?
Get a damn extension

ninjadog

levi of the decade
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
So let me get this straight:
Your sub died out,you got subbed in on Thursdsy and you're blaming your opponent for not responding for 2 days?
And then,you want to get an activity win because both of you are bad at scheduling and can't find a time at which both of you are a availiable?
Get a damn extension
Not sure how I’ve scheduled poorly or what else I could’ve done.

I realise our previous player was inactive which is why I was hesitant to post, but I contacted him my hours and availability (3am-5pm in his Timezone which is pretty reasonable and wide imo, esp compared to the 3:30am-9:30am he later gave me) as soon as I got subbed in at which point there was almost an entire week to go, he took over 48 hours to respond, suggested Sunday which I agreed to, but then asked to play at times outside the range I gave him, and then we’ve been stuck since when weekend was probably the best chance for it.

I understand not getting act because it’s not like he’s inactive, and I even said I would be happy with a double sub or whatever, just as long as we don’t go out on a dead game or something.

Extensions aren’t usually done in pool tournaments which is why I didn’t ask for one, and I don’t necessarily think the extra day or two would help it get done.

ggopw

Banned deucer.
subbing DenisTheMenace over Operitic

operatic scheduled wrong for the last day and they both couldn't play earlier also lmni didn't contact until the day before the deadline she was a late sub too , doing this so the game doesn't get frozen since both teams benefit from playing even over a loss . also making the job easier for uc with at least 1 less team in that giant tiebreak.

Uselesscrab lmni 1v1 DEG Whaleeeee

calling activity on betathunder. my scheduling vm has gone unanswered, despite my opponent using smogon to report a win against om room days after i sent the vm. betathunder reached out to me on discord just now, but i won't be home and able to play until tomorrow and the deadline is tonight.

TonyFlygon gets the activity win over Betathunder.

This means that there will need to be a tiebreaker before we can move on to playoffs.

The standings are as follows:
1. Coastal Europe 14-10 (head-to-head tiebreaker)
2. US East 14-10
3. South Europe 13-11
4 (T). Asia 12-12
4 (T). US West 12-12
6. CONE 11-13
7. North Europe 10-14 (head-to-head tiebreaker)
8. US Central 10-14

We need to have Asia vs US West to determine who gets the #4 seed.

The tiebreakers will contain 1 USUM Best of 5 and then two other slots, one selected by each team's captain. The captains can choose USUM as well.

Captains DEG Whaleeeee dom gyffyrd please decide which formats you'll be playing and then PM me the lineups you'll be using.

After these tiebreakers are done, we will have 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 playoffs. Good luck to all!

Oh I forgot to specify a deadline. See if you can get this done by the end of Sunday 10/14 GMT. If not, I can arrange something.

edit: there was supposed to be a US East vs. Coastal Europe tiebreaker, but I scrapped it after some more thought. Check the below post for info.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

After some deliberation and consultation I've decided to scrap the first of the two tiebreakers (the one that only has an impact on seeding). Apparently it isn't common practice to hold a full tiebreaker and tours like Smogon Snake Draft rely on head-to-head matchup in these situations. The reason for this is that it allows for teams throwing sets to potentially get a desired opponent. I'm going to do the head-to-head matchup tiebreaker in this case and allow Coastal Europe to claim the #1 seed (they won all of their matches against US East opponents during the pool stage). Meanwhile, East will face South Europe in the 2 vs 3 match next round.

Sorry for the confusion this has caused. The West vs. Asia tiebreaker will continue as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)