Tournament World Cup of 1v1 V - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
1623609202034.png

art by Kaiju Bunny
World Cup of 1v1 V

It's that time of year again; arguments about which metas should be included, meticulously drawn maps to give each team the minimum number of players, questionable decisions made by hosts, and everything else we somehow love about this tour: The World Cup of 1v1 is back, in its fifth installment!

The metagame slots each team is looking to fill in are as follows:
  • SS 1v1 Bo7
  • SS 1v1 Bo5
  • SS 1v1 Bo5
  • SM 1v1 Bo5
  • SM 1v1 Bo5
  • ORAS 1v1 Bo5
  • BW 1v1 Bo5
  • DPP 1v1 Bo5
Starting off this year, we have the Team Captain signups. Please use the format shown at the bottom to sign up for whichever region you're looking to manage:

The Regions that we're using for teams this year are as follows:
  • India
  • Team Pacific (The rest of Asia + Canada + Oceania)
  • North Europe
  • South Europe + Africa
  • US West
  • US Central
  • US Northeast
  • US South + Latin America
1623610360379.png
1623610311580.png
Code:
PS! name:
Co-Captain (Optional):
Region:
State/Nation:
Why would you be a good Captain?:
The deadline for signing up as a Captain is June 20th, 11:59 PM GMT-4

An important note regarding Captain selection this year:
  • Captains will not be immediately announced when these signups close. Instead, there will be an added portion to Player Signups where each player can voice support for a particular Captain or pairing for their given region. While this isn't a direct vote for Captains, this will help to show who the people of a given region would prefer to show their support for. Captains will be announced one week after Player Signups goes up, June 27th, 11:59 PM GMT-4.
In the meantime, feel free to discuss the tournament in the corresponding wc-discussion channel in the 1v1 Discord: https://discord.gg/R7JUY5KJdp

PS! name: Mubs
Co-Captain (Optional): esteemed 1v1 pl winner Jamez
Region: US Northeast
State/Nation: Connecticut
Why would you be a good Captain?: Kinda made semifinals of 1v1 Premier League V. Think that gives me some experience. At least, I would hope. Also, I got James (el forma de 1v1 trophy). What more does one need?

Last edited:

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PS! name: Yami
Co-Captain (Optional): N/A
Region: US South
State/Nation: VA
Why would you be a good Captain?: I managed and won 1v1pl and have had decent results thoughout the time I been involved in 1v1 in multiple gens. I also did pretty well with managing other team tours outside 1v1. I can give slots multiple support tho dpp, ss, sm and oras. I will also boost morale and give help / encouragement every week and keep the chat active and make everyone feel comfy. I have also a general idea of what US South will look like and have a good grasp on the 1v1 community to know who I should get. Also drop the petty shit about who manages if you aren't gonna play if I'm or so and so are managing then you aren't a team player and / or care about the tour. I have done nothing to anyone on US South and respect the same respect I'm giving you.

PS! name: magicarpe_lvl100
Co-Captain (Optional): DenisTheMenace
Region: South Europe + Africa
State/Nation: France (Denis: Italy)
Why would you be a good Captain?: Ever since last world cup during which I was part of the team, I've been willing to get involved in captaining it. Even though it would by my first experience in this role, I'm motivated and have a sheer knowledge of the region's playerbase, alongside the support of historical players of the region. If given the chance, I'll be doing my best to build the best possible linup and support the team in order to lead us towards the trophy our region has deserved for so long.

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
PS! name: pqs
Co-Captain (Optional): Itchyy
Region: US South
State/Nation: Virginia
Why would you be a good Captain?: Itchy and I have a solid understanding what the South lineup would look like and can support our teammates in most generations. We will make sure to pick up motivated players and resolve any conflicts that arise.

Join our Discord if you're interested!

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
PS! name: Nalei
Co-Captain: LRXC
Region: US Central
State: Minnesota
Why would you be a good captain?: I led central in winning the last WC with zio and though we couldn't get zio to return, we now have LRXC whose superhuman activity will be an enormous boon to the team. LGI C?O!!!

Jabiru

formerly ThatCabbageGuy
PS! name: Jabiru
Co-Captain: N/A
Region: Team Pacific
Nation: New Zealand
Why would I be a good captain: I have been around the scene for a while, know the players. I have been an active member of cone the past two years, and am on good terms with pretty much everyone, and last year I was a member of Asia's discord assisting them in prep. I'd also argue that I stand out above other potential captaincy options for my region by having knowledge of a number of different generations, having built, played and succeeded in a variety allowing me to assist my team in their preparations to the fullest extent. I think a fresh approach and a can-do attitude will see Team Pacific excel in this competition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)