Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames II - FINALS! - Congratulations to UK!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Original OP from Megazard

Thanks to Kaiju Bunny for the amazing art!

How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 starters and 3 subs. The players are picked by the managers, who have access to any players eligible for their region. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:
  1. USUM Almost Any Ability
  2. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  3. USUM Mix and Mega
  4. USUM Camomons
  5. USUM STABmons
  6. USUM Tier Shift
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Matchups for this year's tournament are put in a normal round robin structure, similar to PSPL. There are 8 teams total and they will be divided into 2 groups of 4. Each team will face off against one other team per week and will spend a total of three weeks facing all other teams in their division. Points will be given by the end of each week. All winning teams get 2 points while tied teams get 1 point and losing teams get 0. After three weeks, the two teams of each division with the most points total will make it into the playoff semifinals round where the finalists are determined. All standard Smogon tournament rules and procedures apply.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats (Balanced Hackmons) plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto playoffs or finals.

Rules on Substitutes:
Substitutes are allowed. A player that has been subbed out during a week may not be subbed into any other slot. Multiple substitutions may occur in the same slot.

Substitutions will be not be allowed in tiebreak series unless the hosts mandate it. However, since we prioritize games being played, we will consider extension requests so long as they're reasonable. We will also be reluctant to give activity wins to those who are clearly fishing for them.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate a discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas II will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCoOM II hosts/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCoOM II with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Final Matchup:

US South
(In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [2] [4] - UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Racool
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs Willdbeast
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs xavgb
USUM Camomons - In The Hills vs Chazm
USUM STABmons - aesf vs w0rd
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Cam

---
If I've screwed up in any way, sorry in advance and could you please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord! :blobthumbsup:
---

Good Luck to our finalists! May the best team win!

The deadline is Sunday, November 24th, 11:59 PM Eastern

Last edited:
US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [3] [3] - UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Racool -- Racool is the better player
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs Willdbeast -- according to viv he is one of the 3 pillars of the community, and I guess viv is my pokemon dad :shrug
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs xavgb -- Stresh GOAT
USUM Camomons - In The Hills vs Chazm -- I feel chazm is the better player in here
USUM STABmons - aesf vs w0rd -- Again, one of viv's sayings
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Cam -- QT GOAT

Since i predicted a draw...

USUM BH - PDT vs Stresh -- if this happens, i will be so hype. One of the 3 pillars vs the almighty stresh. Going to go stresh here cos he beat PDT in the ladder tour and ive never seen stresh drop a BH series in tour play.
Honestly unsure what 2 metas the 2 regions would choose though, but this will be tight

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OH FUCK, ngl this tour has been underwhelming and depressing as fuck, I'm glad it's ending so you can all learn gen 8 and forget this ever happened. Here's the last shitty viv predicts of the generation 7 om tours.

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [4] [2] - UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Racool - Cata im rlly sorry, if you were in a diff meta I'd predict for u more often but this meta is p competitive. Racool has continued her upward spiral since the beginning of ompl, Cata goes p hard w/ prep I think? So maybe if he brings a blacephalon answer that beats stall he'll win. But for now I'm trusting Racool to avenge Sabella.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs Willdbeast - pdt's success along with my endless supply of gas has thrusted him into om super stardom. I see him going undefeated and clapping this piquant TI assistant
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs xavgb - This should be a good one. Between skysolo's gmt +45 timezone and stresh being prone to john, it might not happen tho. Stresh's attitude and personality never fails to invoke an emotion that isn't depression at the least for me, but I think the same could be said for skysolo to some extent. I really wanna bold stresh here but skysolo BEAT THE FUCKIN DOG SHIT OUT OF JoelEmbiidFucker21 a.k.a. the literal reincarnation of ganondorf's nose a.k.a. Candyman500000 last week. So I've gotta give my gratitude by splitting it down the middle.
USUM Camomons - In The Hills vs Chazm - This is a grudge match for ith I'm p sure. ITH can only take so much magearna hype in mnm and I think all the pent up anger and frustration with Chazm over the years will be released in this one game. The results will either be ith beating the dog shit out of poor chazm or ith playing like a lobster who forgot his tie at home. I'm gonna bet on the former bc I've barely bolded my OM Snake co-manager in this tour and I feel bad about it.
USUM STABmons - aesf vs w0rd - Ohhhh myyyy fuckinggg god. This is it boys, this shitstain of a tour has all led up to this one battle, literally the only exciting battle here in the finals at fucking all. I question as to why Plas isn't in this slot so they can put aesf in aaa tbh b/c that'd be p nasty, but regardless this one should just decide the series, the rest of you don't have to play. I will not bold either name bc if there's someone capable of taking out 1/3rd of the TROUBLESOME THREESOME of the OM Community, it's definitely word, but I'd never bank on that.
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Cam - QT is undefeated apparently, he should win this but I hope he loses bc he didn't pop off like this for us in OMPL. If he did we mighta gotten like... not last. I also feel for QT bc he got the classic mz rant given to him last game so I'm really torn on this one... /pick decided qt

gz us south for winning it all since these are unbias and objective predicts haha! I'm retarded pls don't listen to me :( glhf.

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [3] [3] - UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs Racool
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs Willdbeast
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs xavgb
USUM Camomons - In The Hills vs Chazm
USUM STABmons - aesf vs w0rd
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Cam

UK win the tiebreak :D

So, Shoutouts. We had a great run, and if we had to lose to a team I'm glad it's to one as good and dedicated as UK. Thanks a bunch to everyone who helped make this happen; we couldn't have done it without you guys.

First off, In The Hills . You didn't have a great playing streak, but you were a huge help in helping pick out the dream lineup, and more people to bounce around batshit mnm ideas with in the cord was fun. You were an unfailing positive presence and I'm happy I got a chance to manage with you.

Next up, our excellent squad of players.
aesf you're basically the mvp and no one will convince me otherwise. You managed to get an undefeated run even against legends like W0rd and Betathunder. You were also a huge contributor to our success in AAA, both in building teams and refining the ones I put together. Some of them might have been a little crazy but honestly that's half the fun. #5-0Gang
PinkDragonTamer squad up. We were honestly spoiled for picks in BH, with 4 potential front line players and a few good subs, but you never gave me cause to regret having you in the slot. You helped pull us through the toughest weeks; there's no way we could have done it without you, even if in the end it wasn't quite enough ;-;.
Catalystic you may have made a couple of questionable team decisions but I never had any real cause to doubt your plays, and your excellent performance in the highly competative AAA reflects that. Playoffs game against sabella was especially great, thanks for teaming with us.
Skysolo I'm still a bit tilted that you lost to tectonicdestroyer, especially considering the buzzwole, but the ogre rolls and pjab poisons were also really unfortunate so I can't really blame you, especially since you did all this at the same time as MnM ssnl just to prove how dope of a player you are. Watching you roll up against stresh like that was also priceless, even if we didn't manage to bring it home.
Havens You didn't play a lot, but you were a huge positive presence and knowing you were available to sub into whatever meta we needed you to was a huge weight of my chest. I know you're a better player than you rrecord suggests.

And finally, the help.
E4 Flint and a loser you may not have had a game but you were a huge help to our BH sucess, both in teambuilding and testing. That kind of things often gets underrated as a factor compared to how flashy playing is, but that doesn't make it not important.
Plas amazing cheerleader and helper. I didn't get involved with your work as much directly but your presence was certainly felt, even if I'm an idiot about it sometimes.
GL Volkner sorry you had to get stuck with the goons on canada, wish you could have been part of the team for real. Really glad you decided to hep us from week 3 on.
Dragonillis Hey, I didn't really know you that well before the tour started but I regret that mistake now, lol. Really cool dude overall and a great player, which was especially helpful since I was pretty much on my own in tier shift until you decided to join us.

I'd also like to shout out all the other people who made this tour possible, from the players to the other managers to the hosts. Thanks guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)