Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames II - Week 3

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Original OP from Megazard

Thanks to Kaiju Bunny for the amazing art!

How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 starters and 3 subs. The players are picked by the managers, who have access to any players eligible for their region. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:
  1. USUM Almost Any Ability
  2. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  3. USUM Mix and Mega
  4. USUM Camomons
  5. USUM STABmons
  6. USUM Tier Shift
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Matchups for this year's tournament are put in a normal round robin structure, similar to PSPL. There are 8 teams total and they will be divided into 2 groups of 4. Each team will face off against one other team per week and will spend a total of three weeks facing all other teams in their division. Points will be given by the end of each week. All winning teams get 2 points while tied teams get 1 point and losing teams get 0. After three weeks, the two teams of each division with the most points total will make it into the playoff semifinals round where the finalists are determined. All standard Smogon tournament rules and procedures apply.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats (Balanced Hackmons) plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto playoffs or finals.

Rules on Substitutes:
Substitutes are allowed during the group stages. A player that has been subbed out during a week may not be subbed into any other slot. Multiple substitutions may occur in the same slot.

Substitutions will be not be allowed in tiebreak series unless the hosts mandate it. However, since we prioritize games being played, we will consider extension requests so long as they're reasonable. We will also be reluctant to give activity wins to those who are clearly fishing for them.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas II will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCoOM II hosts/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCoOM II with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Lineups for the next round will be due on 8:59 PM Eastern on Sunday, November 3rd

Matchups:

Sword Division
Canada (Jrdn, Pigeons)
- [2] [4] - Asia Pacific (The Immortal, Sylveon.)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Funbot28 vs The Immortal
USUM Balanced Hackmons - GL Volkner vs Chessking345
USUM Mix and Mega - itsKimbo vs TectonicDestroyer
USUM Camomons - Jytcampbell vs Sylveon. (sub 1)
USUM STABmons - Jrdn vs Chloe (sub 2)
USUM Tier Shift - Pigeons vs Dj Breloominati♬

US South
(In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [4] [2] - France (Matiss98, LaBalladeDesCieux)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs LaBalladeDesCieux
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs Naoki-sama
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs damflame 3
USUM Camomons - In The Hills vs Matiss98
USUM STABmons - aesf vs kuyukihime
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Dragonillis

Shield Division
US West
(rozes, lax) - [3] [3] - Europe (Aethernum, Perish Song)

USUM Almost Any Ability - vivalospride vs Mark_K
USUM Balanced Hackmons - jasprose vs Aethernum
USUM Mix and Mega - PurpleGatorade vs MultiAmmiratore
USUM Camomons - rozes vs Averardo
USUM STABmons - Anaconja vs umbreon098
USUM Tier Shift - Eien vs Elgino10

UK
(Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast) - [3] [3] - US Northeast (power, regirock)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs Sabella
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HSOWA (sub 1) vs sugarhigh
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs Andyboy
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Highlord
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Betathunder
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Megazard
---
If I've screwed up in any way, sorry in advance and could you please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord! :blobthumbsup:
---

The deadline is Sunday, November 10th, 11:59 PM Eastern

Last edited by a moderator:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, so I haven't seen anyone do coin flip predicts yet, so I guess I'll do one.

Canada (Jrdn, Pigeons) - [4] [2] - Asia Pacific (The Immortal, Sylveon.)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Funbot28 vs The Immortal
USUM Balanced Hackmons - GL Volkner vs Chessking345
USUM Mix and Mega - itsKimbo vs TectonicDestroyer (Even in coin flips, Kimbo's curse continues)
USUM Camomons - Jytcampbell vs OminousDraco
USUM STABmons - Jrdn vs MAMP
USUM Tier Shift - Pigeons vs Dj Breloominati♬

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract)
- [3] [3] - France (Matiss98, LaBalladeDesCieux)
1572834696055.png

US West (rozes, lax) - [5] [1] - Europe (Aethernum, Perish Song)

1572834213607.png
UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast) - [5] [1] - US Northeast (power, regirock)

USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs Sabella
USUM Balanced Hackmons - Willdbeast vs sugarhigh
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs Andyboy
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Highlord
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Betathunder
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Megazard

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [0] [6] - France (Matiss98, LaBalladeDesCieux)

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [0] [6] - France (Matiss98, LaBalladeDesCieux)
Someone is really thirsty for that playoffs spot.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PEOPLE OF EARTH, here are some predicts to entertain nobody but myself :3

Canada (Jrdn, Pigeons) - [5] [1] - Asia Pacific (The Immortal, Sylveon.)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Funbot28 vs The Immortal - I still have little faith in AAA The Immortal, there is no geerat playing this week too so I feel like they should be punished for the absurdly horrible lineup they submitted for w3, geerat-less and no MAMP in BH. However I feel inclined to bold TI so that my custom will be uploaded faster... but I think that's a lost cause and my bias leans towards funbot anyways.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - GL Volkner vs Chessking345 - idk this mu is lame. I still have no idea if chessking is even good, volt def isn't haha!!!! So ig that one's chalked. Stick to Pokemon GO, headass!!!!!
USUM Mix and Mega - itsKimbo vs TectonicDestroyer - Kimbo you keep disappointing me and I don't know what to do. I'm really in a bind rn b/c tect relies on me bolding his name for his entire self confidence, while I said I'd keep bolding kimbo till he wins but he's showing me it might be a while. I will keep my promise and believe in kimbo b/c I played mw2 religiously and I used akimbo g18s cause I was a fuckin loser.
USUM Camomons - Jytcampbell vs OminousDraco - Uh, idk this is a complete toss up LMAO. I have faith in Jyt being the superior player ig. The other guy is engraved in my brain as "that one guy that gets reqs and has a honchkrow avi" tho
USUM STABmons - Jrdn vs MAMP - Aight idk this seems like quite the blunder for the asian amalgamation squad. Why is MAMP not getting his free win in BH vs volknerd this week LMFAO LOL ROFL etc. Jrdn will prolly win and MAMP def deserves to lose for not forcing chloe to get off her ass and support her amalgamation, and for not slotting himself into BH.
USUM Tier Shift - Pigeons vs Dj Breloominati♬ - Pigeons sounds like a free dub in TS unless he only uses stall in this tier too. Funbot is the only one who can pull that off, or pif. Either way I see him winning unless the TS Building Mind that is DJ BRELOOMINATI preps for stall and gets the mu!!

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [5] [1] - France (Matiss98, LaBalladeDesCieux)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs LaBalladeDesCieux - Okkkk cata's name is yet to be bolded by me in this tournament and it's time to change that bc I def have him over this guy I see everywhere but still don't know who the fuck he is. NOR do I know how to pronounce his name. Cata's got a big brain just like QT too so it's extra in his favor.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs Naoki-sama - Idt I need to explain myself at this point. If your name sounds like it'd be the name of a support champion in league of legends or some shit, you're not gonna stand a chance against Big 3 Member: PinkDragonFucker.
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs damflame 3 - Skysolo vs darmanitan is prolly one of the least exciting matchups ever, but iirc darmflame3 or whatever won last week? So maybe it'll be a good game. I'm still gonna take skysolo tho bc he tags me in US South discord every 3 seconds with some Florida related meme.
USUM Camomons - In The Hills vs Matiss98 - Alright It's time for me to predict for this apparent camomons god to win a game. I haven't been following this tour outside my team much so idrk if this guy is even winning anything. But I'll bold him anyways bc I have little faith in my comrade In The Hills's camomons abilities. I'm sure it'll be a good fight tho!!
USUM STABmons - aesf vs kuyukihime - pyukumuku may have won last week, but I don't see this user knocking one of the pillars of the "Other Metas Big 3" down. Orihime from Bleach will definitely be fighting an uphill battle in this one, just as I'd say to anyone fighting aesf... best of luck to you tho, uwu-time my boy.
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Dragonillis - Idk wtf a Dragonillis is but it sounds kinda cool, idt that's enough to push this user over the bump in the road known as QT's massive brain filled with Tier Shift knowledge (probably). Either way I'm taking guy that's proven in this community > guy I didn't know existed b/c I'm an elitist dickhead.

UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast) - [3] [2] - US Northeast (power, regirock)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs Sabella - I'm super 50/50 on this bc I think sab is def the superior player by a fair margin. But I'm kinda confident Racool will be able to fish for a mu successfully here. I'm really bummed I didn't get to play racool last week tho so I'm bolding bootyman as punishment.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - Willdbeast vs sugarhigh - I've never really interacted with sugarhigh but wildbeast's random comments in random conversations in the om discord or anywhere else always amuses me. Wildbeast is also TI's managing buddy so I have faith that TI will do his pal a solid and rig this game anyways.
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs Andyboy - "wow, this one will be good" are the words that come out of my mouth when I see these two paired up together, nothing but the highest of respect for both players. This is what I thought to myself last week in stresh's matchup. This week, however, has stresh matched up against some random that spams me for UU tips and tricks, I think? I don't recall. That's how irrelevant this nobody of a user is. Should be an easy clean up for xavgb a.k.a. The Sanitation Engineer a.k.a. stresh.
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Highlord - I don't watch most of these boring ass games so I've yet to see chazm play a camomons game, regardless of this I'm confident his meta knowledge is at least somewhat there. On the other side, I once again read Highlord as "haylighter" somehow while reading this. Idk much about Highlord but haylighter would def win this mu so I'm gonna bold his name.
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Betathunder - This is pretty exciting, knowing w0rd tho, he's gonna end up with mu and just win. I basically used w0rd's team dump from ompl as my main stab resource while learning the meta and he's got some crazy ideas. While beta just c/p the same 4-5 mons w/ a few filler slots for the majority of his teams. I'm also a huge w0rd stan so I gotta do what's right.
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Ursaring vs Megazard - Uhhhh idk if either of these users really know anything about Tier Shift, they prolly do I just honestly don't know. It seems like two flex slot players put in the random lower tier om, at least going by name alone. Anyways whoever brings the bear will win.

This post fuckin sucks but gl to all of you!!! Jk fuck you guys, gl to my team US West tho!!

pazza

Banned deucer.
pazza predicts

Sword Division
Canada (Jrdn, Pigeons) - [3] [3] - Asia Pacific (The Immortal, Sylveon.)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Funbot28 vs The Immortal /ban Funbot28
USUM Balanced Hackmons - GL Volkner vs Chessking345 better player and cteaming chess is ez af
USUM Mix and Mega - itsKimbo vs TectonicDestroyer kimbo is 0-8 in om tours and sadly he wont win this one either
USUM Camomons - Jytcampbell vs Sylveon. (sub 1) way better player smashed here
USUM STABmons - Jrdn vs Chloe (sub 2) Chloe is good at stab and jrdn is good at every om basically im gonna lean toward jrdn to win, seems like better player.
USUM Tier Shift - Pigeons vs Dj Breloominati♬ better player, idk dj much

US South (In The Hills, Quantum Tesseract) - [2] [4] - France (Matiss98, LaBalladeDesCieux)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Catalystic vs LaBalladeDesCieux these france goons good tho
USUM Balanced Hackmons - PinkDragonTamer vs Naoki-sama PDT is better at bh, depends on what naoki brings though.
USUM Mix and Mega - Skysolo vs damflame 3 damflame has smashed skysolo in bh before, and mnm will be next.
USUM Camomons - In The Hills vs Matiss98 mans won 2 camo tours is 2-0 currently WHILE beating JRDN.
USUM STABmons - aesf vs kuyukihime aesf the goat, but kuyuki could win.
USUM Tier Shift - Quantum Tesseract vs Dragonillis heard this guy was really good

Shield Division
US West (rozes, lax) - [0] [6] - Europe (Aethernum, Perish Song)

my lord this is such a smash next team, please

UK (Hamhamhamham, Willdbeast) - [1] [2] - US Northeast (power, regirock)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs Sabella booty98 is just too good
USUM Balanced Hackmons - Willdbeast vs sugarhigh fun match, will is kinda trash and will rely on mu and somehow win but then sugarhigh will cheese and win. could go either way.
USUM Mix and Mega - xavgb vs Andyboy man, both really titans of mnm. I'd favor stresh but it really could go either way, feeling like stresh has a better advance since he has Chazm.
USUM Camomons - Chazm vs Highlord Chazm is the goat at camo
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Betathunder fun game here, both incredibly good stabmon players. I'm rooting for betathunder.
USUM Tier Shift - Cam vs Megazard feel like Megazard would win here but, Cam is also pretty good, could go either way.

1572914982470.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)