Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames III - Semifinals (Tiebreaker - see post #19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner.
If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.

TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas III will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCOOM III hosts. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCOOM III with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Semifinals

US North East (3) vs (3) Canada
SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Jrdn
SS Balanced Hackmons: sugarhigh vs GL Volkner
SS Camomons: MetaRiolu7 vs Karl Dude Guy
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs ToxaNex
SS NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Zap
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs Splash

Europe (3) vs (3) UK
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs Racool
SS Balanced Hackmons: dimrah vs willdbeast
SS Camomons: Terracotta vs Chazm
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs xavgb
SS NFE: frisoeva vs Jett
SS STABmons: Eeveeto vs w0rd

Deadline is Saturday, January 2nd, at 11:59 pm US Eastern (UTC -5).

Last edited:

ShionShadows

Soaring to Greatness
Predicts from a random.
(2)US North East vs Canada(2)
AAA: Sabella vs Jrdn imagine bolding against jrdn
BH: sugarhigh vs GL Volkner
Camo: MetaRiolu7 vs Karl Dude Guy dont know who this other person is
MnM: Andyboy vs Toxanex Nex is a goat just not in MnM
NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Zap
STAB: Betathunder vs Splash favoring beta slightly

Europe(3) vs UK(0)
AAA: The Number Man vs Racool crazy bastard's got this unless he chokes.
BH: dimrah vs willdbeast idfk this meta ive heard dimrah spoken better of ig
Camo: Terracotta vs Chazm I dont know of Chazm's skill or knowledge in Camomons while I dont know what Terra has done at all(mind you I havent been paying the most attention). Could go either way imho
MnM: Multi vs Stresh Definitely should be a really good one, might even try and catch it myself. Stresh is good but I really cant bold against Multi.
NFE: frisoeva vs Jett dont know either
STAB; Eeveeto vs w0rd see previous matchup.

Should be some good series coming up. If I predicted against you, prove me wrong then. Have a good day and happy holidays!

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright so, every team tied in this semifinals round. Each team worked with their opposing team to decide what formats they'd be choosing for their tiebreaker. US Northeast and Canada chose Mix and Mega + NFE while Europe and UK chose Camomons + STABmons. Balanced Hackmons was automatically included in as the third format since it has the highest amount of plays.

Tiebreaker

US North East vs Canada
SS Balanced Hackmons: sugarhigh vs GL Volkner
SS Mix and Mega: Andyboy vs Jrdn
SS NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Zap

Europe vs UK
SS Balanced Hackmons: dimrah vs xavgb
SS Camomons: The Number Man vs Chazm
SS STABmons: Eeveeto vs Hamhamhamhamham

Deadline is Saturday, January 9th, at 11:59 pm US Eastern (UTC -5).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)