Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames III - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner.
If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.

TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas III will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCOOM III hosts. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCOOM III with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Week 1

Sword Division

Asia Pacific (4) vs (2) France
SS Almost Any Ability: TectonicDestroyer vs LaBalladeDesCieux (sub)
SS Balanced Hackmons: lph vs MinoGod54
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Frrf
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs damflame 3
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Arkhan
SS STABmons: pichus vs Alternatif

US North East (5) vs (1) UK
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ (sub) vs Hamhamhamhamham
SS Balanced Hackmons: Andyboy vs willdbeast
SS Camomons: MetaRiolu7 vs Chazm
SS Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs xavgb
SS NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Jett
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs w0rd

Shield Division

Europe (4) vs (2) US West
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs rozes
SS Balanced Hackmons: dimrah vs cityscapes
SS Camomons: Terracotta vs K3ppr
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Cheese5555
SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ
SS STABmons: Eeveeto vs vivalospride

US South (4) vs (2) Canada
SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs itsKimbo
SS Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs GL Volkner
SS Camomons: PinkDragonTamer vs Jrdn
SS Mix and Mega: Catalystic vs ToxaNex (sub)
SS NFE: Skysolo vs Splash
SS STABmons: Plas vs Hys

Deadline is Sunday, December 6th, at 11:59 pm US Eastern (UTC -5).

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
It's time I refamiliarize myself with this headass community with these headass metas and even headasser users with some tom foolery known as prediction posts

Asia Pacific vs France
SS Almost Any Ability: TectonicDestroyer vs PandaDoux - I haven't interacted with tect in quite a while for better or for worse but I'm genuinely curious as to how his progression with this game has been while I've been out of the loop. Is he good yet? Someone lmk. Panda has a p sick name and Kung Fu Panda is one of my fav animated movies of all time. Idk what doux means tho but that's ok.
SS Balanced Hackmons: lph vs MinoGod54 - MinoGod54 is a name only a 12 yr old can have, surely. Iph is a member of the infamous 3 letter name club and therefore gets a power boost in his playing ability through smogon.com.
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Frrf - Frrf is one of the better names I've seen on this site but I'm unsure if I can bring myself to bold against the meteorologist since ik he is surely very motivated for this headass tour after a whole lot of uu shenanigans not going his way.
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs damflame 3 - I vaguely remember this darmanitan guy on the right but I remember Redflix a lot better bc he was hyped up as a mega mnm ladder hero which I don't really believe exists bc nobody plays on any of these ladders but whatever.
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Arkhan - King Leo went like 843920-0 on my ompl team and the guy hes playing this week would only be bolded if hes my good friend Ark in disguise but that does not seem to be the case as there is a "han" after "Ark".
SS STABmons: pichus vs Alternatif - arushi is one of my fav people that i unfortunately never talk to and reading the other guys name still bothers me to this day bc it's so close to alternative but it just isn't.

US North East vs UK
SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Hamhamhamhamham - Booty is my UU brother now and even before that he was my AAA brother so I can't bold against my man.
SS Balanced Hackmons: Andyboy vs willdbeast - wildbeast plays pokemon? wtf happened. Wasn't UK supposed to be fuckin bonkers? What happened to them? Normally I'd shit all over bumfuck andybitch but god damn this is underwhelming guys.
SS Camomons: MetaRiolu7 vs Chazm - Uhhh idk idgaf about this mu if im being honest. Chazm is like one of the only people who plays all these oms consistently so i mean ill bold him ig D:
SS Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs xavgb - zesty might be extremely handsome but stresh has an extremely handsome personality and he was my manager in ompl last year and one of the better managers ive had on this site.
SS NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Jett - I think hoen is on my nu snake team? Badabing that's all I need.
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs w0rd - holy fuckin shit word is back again?!!? I fuckin love that guy. However there's only one person in this matchup that let me be in their youtube video so I gotta bold them.

US South vs Canada
SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs itsKimbo - I'm excited to see kimbo back again but unfortunately his track record is far too poor for me to bold him out of pure hope for his success against the king aesf.
SS Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs GL Volkner - fuck loserboy volkner highlighter is p good at bh right? surely at least better than this absolute fuckin poser?!?!
SS Camomons: PinkDragonTamer vs Jrdn - Unfortunately peter dick tamer mcgee is not quite up to jrdn's standards in other metagames especially after his horrific ompl playoff performance :weary: fuck pdt!!!!
SS Mix and Mega: Catalystic vs Fardin - Fardin talked to me about basketball earlier, I think (I kinda just assumed it was fardin in the om discord). So I kinda wanna bold him, also apparently Chloe and him are dating so that's p sick, gz guys!
SS NFE: Skysolo vs Splash - Damn who knew splash entered this tour, who knew skysolo played nfe? What meta used to be in this slot i dont even fuckin remember. Idc im bolding the vs
SS STABmons: Plas vs Hys - idk who hys is but idk if the 3 letter buff is gonna be enough to take down the mighty plas backed up by brother skysolo

:morgrem: TIME FOR PREDICTS
after giving up on predicts halfway through OMPL it is now time that I, Marjane aka Imp aka Pimp aka not even an NFE player will be giving you opinions that no one asked for. will i do this every week? probably not. does it amuse me to? a little. will I ever not bold jett? highly doubt it.

SS NFE: King Leo V vs Arkhan
Excited to see Leo back in action since I will not count in his discovery tour performance as a reliable guide to his playing abilities. We have seen Leo excel in pocket monster and we have seen him do not so much excelling at times too but majority of the time he is excelling. Leo usually innovates and builds teams that usually have an odd aesthetic but most of the time work quite well. Arkhan is good but he is also French. good luck to both not rooting for one more than the other but based on historical events Leo will most likely win this, will be fun to watch though.

SS NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Jett
Ho3s Confirm3d vs Private Jett, idk who the biggest pimp here is but airplane will win. Jett doesn't lose and Jett isn't scared, Jett is the TL and Jett will be prepared. yes it is me, Marjane Angelou. Ho3n has been doing really great in the discovery tour but Ho3n always does well on non team tours, which is odd as it usually is the opposite iirc. Ho3n makes fun offensive driven teams that tend to work well most of the time but not on team tours, nonetheless excited to see another dwebble. Will be a fun match probably worth noting that this is the entire council vs Ho3n as well, but i don't count.

SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ
I am a HUGE friso fan despite never having talked to them, I just never bold their opponent's name because they're a fantastic player and create the most crackheady teams one could expect. If anyone has ever tried to pilot a friso team I would advice against because as fun as they may seem, only friso can pilot friso teams. TJ I have nothing to say on except maybe, hm, good luck.

SS NFE: Skysolo vs Splash
Strap is a fellow morgrem. Strap will be building for the first time which in itself is very exciting as I don't think I have ever seen strap build before, or maybe I have but didn't notice, either way i love strap and strap shall win. Idk who splash is but I watched 3 minutes of their latest youtube content and it didn't hit me at first but the video was all about monotype, what are you doing here????

extra bit;

SS Camomons: Terracotta vs K3ppr
Epic game, lots of meaty sets coming out of both players for sure. If both players go hard, I honestly don't know who will win. K3ppr has already shown us a lot, but Terra has shown us more ;). I expect that when K3ppr whips out his team, it has good odds of being a hairy situation for Terra. I do have a soft spot for Terra's stuff so slightly favoring him, but this can go either way.

predicts go go go
not like i know half of these players
Sword Division

Asia Pacific (5) vs France (1)
SS Almost Any Ability: TectonicDestroyer vs PandaDoux - asiancy
SS Balanced Hackmons: lph vs MinoGod54 - who even is lph123
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Frrf - asiancy
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs damflame 3 - asiancy
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Arkhan - asiancy
SS STABmons: pichus vs Alternatif - asiancy

US North East (3) vs UK (3)
SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Hamhamhamhamham - idk either players but sabella has a trophy
SS Balanced Hackmons: Andyboy vs willdbeast - will nerd
SS Camomons: MetaRiolu7 vs Chazm - should be a close fight, i think chazm would have a slight edge since council and stresh might help build
SS Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs xavgb - stresh
SS NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Jett - idk nfe and both are council, jett has a better name imo
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs w0rd - beta has a bit more experience with ss ig

———————————————————————
Shield Division

Europe (4) vs US West (2)
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs rozes - goat tnm takes an easy win?
SS Balanced Hackmons: dimrah vs cityscapes - both are among the top players of ss bh, though i think sl42 has an edge due to being really creative in building
SS Camomons: Terracotta vs K3ppr - idk either players, i thought k3ppr was a mono main or smth
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Cheese5555 - cheese could really sub in anywhere, but i doubt he could pull off a win against a mnm main
SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ - idk either players, friso has definitely had experience with ss though
SS STABmons: Eeveeto vs vivalospride - idk eeveeto and viv kinda goated

US South (3) vs Canada (3)
SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs itsKimbo - idk who’s kimbo, intuition decides
SS Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs GL Volkner - the other highlight (no pun) match of bh, i really don’t know who has an edge over the other. intuition decides x2
SS Camomons: PinkDragonTamer vs Jrdn - i think jrdn has better experience with camo
SS Mix and Mega: Catalystic vs Fardin - hi councilman
SS NFE: Skysolo vs Splash - both are great tour players and i doubt either plays nfe. perhaps splash would have better splashability? intuition decides x3
SS STABmons: Plas vs Hys - why do i know nobody from this pool... intuition decides x4

Good luck to everyone!​

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SS Balanced Hackmons: Andyboy vs willdbeast - Not sure who Andyboy is, I think they're named after some vegetable brand? Either way this guy named wild beast seems like a more fearsome opponent than some grocery store product. Pretty obvious result to me!

abriel

I’m with you.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Asia Pacific[4] vs France [2]
SS Almost Any Ability: TectonicDestroyer vs PandaDoux LaBalladeDesCieux- does Asia not have an AAA player? idk about putting Tect in AAA.
SS Balanced Hackmons: lph vs MinoGod54 - i know Iph and i don't know Mino.
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Frrf - i trust E# man.
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs damflame 3 - damflame could pull an upset, but Redflix certainly has the more established track record.
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Arkhan - Leo had a good OMPL, idk shit about nfe
SS STABmons: pichus vs Alternatif - didn't know pichus played STAB and Alternatif has gotten some nice wins recently

US North East [2] vs UK [4]
SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Hamhamhamhamham - booty beatdown
SS Balanced Hackmons: Andyboy vs willdbeast - Andy is a nerd lol. these two should be pretty evenly matched, and I think the superior BH support on UK might make the difference.
SS Camomons: MetaRiolu7 vs Chazm - Chazm somehow is on the council of every OM in existence so gotta bold him here.
SS Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs xavgb - as long as stresh doesn't john this game out of existence there's little reason to not bold him.
SS NFE: Ho3nConfirm3d vs Jett - lol nfe
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs w0rd - w0rd is back from the dead again. he showed plenty of rust in OMPL and I wouldn't be shocked to see the same thing happen again.

Europe [2] vs US West [4]
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs rozes - rozes has been nearly unstoppable in AAA, but TNM has been impressive in his own right. should be a fun game.
SS Balanced Hackmons: dimrah vs cityscapes - battle of the heat incoming. another highlight game.
SS Camomons: Terracotta vs K3ppr - Honestly I didn't know K3ppr even played Camo.
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Cheese5555 - surprised to see Cheese here. i'll go with the established mnm main
SS NFE: frisoeva vs TJ - lol nfe
SS STABmons: Eeveeto vs vivalospride - both players kind of goated but hard to go against viv

US South [5] vs Canada [1]
SS Almost Any Ability: aesf vs itsKimbo - i'm a fan of Kimbo, but his team tour record doesn't lie.
SS Balanced Hackmons: highlighter vs GL Volkner - imagine bolding Volknerd lol. highlighter also has tons of BH support with teammates.
SS Camomons: PinkDragonTamer vs Jrdn - PDT has proven he has chops outside of BH, but picking against Jrdn in Camo is quite difficult.
SS Mix and Mega: Catalystic vs Fardin - going with the same result as their OM Championship match.
SS NFE: Skysolo vs Splash - lol nfe (do these guys even play nfe?)
SS STABmons: Plas vs Hys - haven't seen much from Hys and Plas is kind of goated

glhf to everyone, should be a fun world cup with the new dlc2 metas!​

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Smogon University's Resident Camomons Meteorologist here bringing you a weather forecast my Camomons predictions for this week!

[EUR] Terracotta (50 - 50) K3ppr [USW]
The Shield Division's Camomons games are definitely the most interesting to watch this week, especially with their unconventional lineup in that specific slot; this match is no exception. Team Europe's Terracotta is playing STABmons for most of his OM competitive career (based on his experience in the last OMPL), but he is one of those people willing to get his hands dirty on whatever metagame their Captain(s) throw at. Fortunately, in this team tournament, Terracotta is supported by one of the more prevalent Camomons players in The Number Man, who is more preoccupied to playing Almost Any Ability as he claims to be more proficient in that metagame; as such, his experience in Camomons (in terms of team building and play style) would deem insightful for Terracotta's success in the battlefield. US West's K3ppr, on the other hand, may not be as well-known as the other main Camomons players (and I would've forecast anaconja to be starting here by virtue of activity and knowledge), but he was given the opportunity to play against some of the most prominent players in the Shield Division to at least gain some tournament experience. Based on the forecast, it would be anybody's game here given the support each player has; the real question is: will Terracotta, one of the tournament veterans, spoil K3ppr's debut in one of the prestigious team tournaments in the Other Metagames department?

[USS] PinkDragonTamer (45 - 55) Jrdn [CAN]
Probably out of US South's Co-Captain In The Hills's early week inactivity from his working student life, PinkDragonTamer has stepped up to the plate to battle one of the most prominent non-Council people in the realm of Camomons: Canada's very own Jrdn. PinkDragonTamer plays Balanced Hackmons for most of the time, but he claims that he can put up a good fight against him despite him having to learn the metagame with the changes manifested from Crown Tundra. Jrdn, on the other hand, has a great showing in the tournament scene, scoring a 9-1 record in OMPL, and reached to the Finals in the Camomons Isle of Armor Launch Tournament; with circumstances as well that made him resign as Almost Any Ability's meta leader, learning the Crown Tundra Camomons metagame would somehow be a breeze for him. It is forecast that Jrdn will pull off a win against PinkDragonTamer thanks to some skepticism regarding PinkDragonTamer playing Camomons; however, will In The Hills and a loser, two of the Camomons council members from US South, be able to give PinkDragonTamer the support it needs to defeat Jrdn?

[USNE] MetaRiolu7 (30 - 70) Chazm [UK]
Chazm, one of the current Camomons council members, returned to playing Camomons in the World Cup after one of his teammates -- the Resident Camomons Meteorologist himself -- took on the reins in the Camomons category of OMPL. He has entered the battlefield ready with his newfound knowledge in the Camomons metagame and most likely score a victory over MetaRiolu7. Speaking of MetaRiolu7, he has gone silent over the past months after his participation in the Camomons Isle of Armor Launch Tournament (which he actually reached as one of the semifinalists), so it is forecast that there may be signs of rust manifested in his game; therefore, he has to relearn the metagame with those new releases. Will MetaRiolu7 manage to find his groove early on and score an upset against the more knowledgeable, more tenacious Chazm?

[APC] Euphonos vs. Frrf [FRA]
The loss of Siamato is a huge blow for the French team as Frrf, one of the team's sole Camomons representative (apart from Captain Dragonillis whose attention to Other Metagames is split), is taking on the Asia-Pacific's Captain and one of Camomons's rising stars, the Resident Camomons Meteorologist himself. Some people forecast Euphonos will take on Frrf in quite a convincing fashion thanks to his team building prowess; as such, will Frrf be able to channel his inner Siamato and give the Resident Camomons Meteorologist a battle he will never forget?

Last edited:
Schedule Week 1

France vs Asia Pacific (GMT+1 !)

SS Almost Any Ability: TectonicDestroyer vs LaBalladeDesCieux (sub) : Saturday 9 AM
SS Balanced Hackmons: lph vs MinoGod54 Sunday 11 AM
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Frrf Saturday 4 PM
SS Mix and Mega: Redflix vs damflame 3 Friday afternoon
SS NFE: King Leo V vs Arkhan Sunday 10 PM
SS STABmons: pichus vs Alternatif Saturday 2-3 PM

I will edit if I can be more precise.
If someone have other schedule, please share it here. It could interest some people.

Good Luck Have Fun to all participants !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)