Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames III - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner.
If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.

TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas III will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCOOM III hosts. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCOOM III with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Week 2

Sword Division

UK (4) vs (2) Asia Pacific
SS Almost Any Ability: Hamhamhamhamham vs TectonicDestroyer
SS Balanced Hackmons: willdbeast vs Chessking345
SS Camomons: Chazm vs Euphonos
SS Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Redflix
SS NFE: Jett vs King Leo V
SS STABmons: w0rd vs pichus

France (2) vs (4) US North East
SS Almost Any Ability: Atha (sub) vs Sabella
SS Balanced Hackmons: MinoGod54 vs sugarhigh
SS Camomons: Frrf vs MetaRiolu7
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs Andyboy
SS NFE: Arkhan vs Ho3nConfirm3d
SS STABmons: LaBalladeDesCieux (sub) vs Zesty43

Shield Division

Canada (3) vs (3) Europe
SS Almost Any Ability: itsKimbo vs The Number Man
SS Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs dimrah
SS Camomons: Jrdn vs Terracotta
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs MultiAmmiratore
SS NFE: Zap vs frisoeva
SS STABmons: Hys vs Eeveeto

US West (3) vs (3) US South
SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs FlamingVictini
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs highlighter
SS Camomons: K3ppr vs PinkDragonTamer
SS Mix and Mega: Cheese5555 vs Catalystic
SS NFE: TJ vs Skysolo
SS STABmons: vivalospride vs aesf

Deadline is Sunday, December 13th, at 11:59 pm US Eastern (UTC -5).

predicts

Sword Division

UK (0) vs Asia Pacific (6)
SS Almost Any Ability: Hamhamhamhamham vs TectonicDestroyer
SS Balanced Hackmons: willdbeast vs Chessking345
SS Camomons: Chazm vs Euphonos
SS Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Redflix
SS NFE: Jett vs King Leo V
SS STABmons: w0rd vs pichus

France (0) vs US North East (6)
SS Almost Any Ability: PandaDoux vs Sabella
SS Balanced Hackmons: MinoGod54 vs sugarhigh
SS Camomons: Frrf vs MetaRiolu7
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs Andyboy
SS NFE: Arkhan vs Ho3nConfirm3d
SS STABmons: Alternatif vs Zesty43

Shield Division

Canada (2) vs Europe (4)
SS Almost Any Ability: itsKimbo vs The Number Man
SS Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs dimrah
SS Camomons: Jrdn vs Terracotta
SS Mix and Mega: ToxaNex vs MultiAmmiratore
SS NFE: Zap vs frisoeva
SS STABmons: Hys vs Eeveeto

US West (3) vs US South (3)
SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs FlamingVictini
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs highlighter
SS Camomons: K3ppr vs PinkDragonTamer
SS Mix and Mega: Cheese5555 vs Catalystic
SS NFE: TJ vs Skysolo
SS STABmons: vivalospride vs aesf

glhf

e: i think atha would win​

Last edited:
SS NFE: Jett vs King Leo V Yes Leo is great but I have more faith in Jett, I find Jett to be more consistent than Leo overall and expect Jett to bounce back from a tough loss.
SS NFE: Arkhan vs Ho3nConfirm3d Ho3n has to be one of the top NFE player at this moment and even though Ive heard positive things about Arkhan I find it hard to not bold ho3ns name every week.
SS NFE: TJ vs Skysolo Plain simple Skysolo has more experience in the tier has played better so far and has had better teams in general, this will be an uphill battle for TJ.

Go Europe!

Last edited:

Betathunder

alphalightning
stab predicts bc my managers benched me:

SS STABmons: w0rd vs pichus - leaning towards pichus in this won, especially factoring in word's rust in gen8 and they're win last week. However I can never count word out due to his experience playing stab and ability to find solid, unique defensive and offensive cores. Should be a good match

SS STABmons: Hys vs Eeveeto - Eeveeto coming off a dub last week with a fire team, hopefully this building and momentum can carry them this week.

SS STABmons: vivalospride vs aesf - highlight match this week for me, both players I feel are more than competent in the meta, so it's probably going to come down to who out preps who. Leaning towards aesf to come up with the more interesting team, but this one could go either way

gl to all those playing this week :)

Schedule Week 2

France vs USA North East (GMT+1 !)

SS Almost Any Ability: PandaDoux Atha vs Sabella Saturday Evening
SS Balanced Hackmons: MinoGod54 vs sugarhigh Sunday 6 PM
SS Camomons: Frrf vs MetaRiolu7 Sunday, 9:30 PM
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs Andyboy Sunday, 7-8 PM
SS NFE: Arkhan vs Ho3nConfirm3d Sunday, 6 PM
SS STABmons: Alternatif LaBalladeDesCieux vs Zesty43 Saturday evening

I will edit if I can be more precise.
If someone have other schedule, please share it here. It could interest some people.

Good Luck Have Fun to other people !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)