Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames V - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Information & Administrative Decisions | Qualifying Round | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Semifinals | Finals​

Art by Ticken edit by Syrinix
Scheduling
  • Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, the game will be declared a dead game.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VMs to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas V will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCoOM V hosts and OM mod team. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception.
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Matching usernames: Players must play on usernames matching or close to matching their smogon names. If this criterion is not met, the match will not count.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.
These rules are meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament, as well as keep it a safe site for all.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be declared a dead game. All matches should be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCoOM V with) to avoid confusion, and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Scarlet Group

:kyogre-primal: Asia Pacific (adem and pichus) - [4][4] - US Northeast (berry and Ducky) :urshifu-gmax:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): RobDog747 vs Chris32156
SS Almost Any Ability: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Heracross2.0
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Will
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech
SS Godly Gift: longhiep341 vs Instruct
SS Mix and Mega: TectonicDestroyer vs Andyboy
SS NFE: Chloe vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS STABmons: DugZa vs Dr. Phd. BJ

:metagross: Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [6][2] - US West (cityscapes and DerpyBoi) :wingull:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs Morgan
SS Almost Any Ability: Eeveeto vs XxLazzerpenguinxX
SS Anything Goes: Ballfire vs polt
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ivar57 vs quojova
SS Godly Gift: Lily vs Eggs
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs DerpyBoi
SS NFE: Jordy vs lepton
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs sasha

Violet Group

:greninja: France (Dragonillis and LBDC) - [4][4] - US South (beauts and UT) :marshtomp:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Alternatif vs zee
SS Almost Any Ability: Atha vs MZ
SS Anything Goes: Royal1604 vs Kate
SS Balanced Hackmons: Palapapop vs Quantum Tesseract
SS Godly Gift: Heika vs TPP
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs beauts
SS NFE: PandaDoux vs Kabilapok
SS STABmons: LBDC vs crying

:sirfetchd: UK (willdbeast and Greybaum) - [5][3] - Canada (Fc and omicorio) :calyrex-ice:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): yuki vs Adam3560
SS Almost Any Ability: PA vs avyrie
SS Anything Goes: LORD SAGIS vs omicorio
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tea Guzzler vs Potatochan
SS Godly Gift: Greybaum vs Jrdn
SS Mix and Mega: Clastia vs Mossy Sandwich
SS NFE: SOMALIA vs Elfuseon
SS STABmons: Clementine vs Fc

Scarlet Group

Asia Pacific (adem and pichus) - [0][0] - US Northeast (berry and Ducky)

Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [0][0] - US West (cityscapes and DerpyBoi)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs Morgan
Violet Group

France (Dragonillis and LBDC) - [0][0] - US South (beauts and UT)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Alternatif vs zee

UK (willdbeast and Greybaum) - [0][0] - Canada (Fc and omicorio)
SS Mix and Mega: Clastia vs Mossy Sandwich

The deadline for this round is Sunday, September 18th @ 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Last edited:

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
Gl for everyone and just enjoy the games.
Asia Pacific - [2.5][4.5] - US Northeast

Europe-
[3.5][3.5] - US West
SS Almost Any Ability: Eeveeto vs xXLazyPenguinXx

France - [1][7] - US South
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): lancert vs zee

UK
- [4][4] - Canada
SS Mix and Mega: Clastia vs gum
will feel sry if these predctions make someone angry, remember this just for fun. :D

Last edited:

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
i will pay money to watch this live
dugz goat
tpp is the better player and probably has better support
i rate lbdcs building alot and while crying is the better player i find her stab team choices to be kinda odd and idt south has the greatest support to my knowledge
super fat hl, very excited, if i had to pick someone to bold at gunpoint id probs say grey due to jrdn maybe being rusty?
both these guys r my son i farmed they both but fc has more experience

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Scarlet Group

:kyogre-primal: Asia Pacific (adem and pichus) - [3.5][4.5] - US Northeast (berry and Ducky) :urshifu-gmax:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): RobDog747 vs Chris32156 - chris is turbo cringe but if he actually tries (he wont) he should roll robdog, who is goated but lacks proper team support
SS Almost Any Ability: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Heracross2.0 - this game is a hatecrime and shouldn't be viewed by anyone
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Will - both are good but im bolding will bc he was on my first team ever for a team tour (also will is good if he doesn't choke)
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech - tttech is good but i think he can easily be cteamed due to his similar team structures. mamp also tends to have pretty similar teams but i think he is able to better show diversity in his builds
SS Godly Gift: longhiep341 vs Instruct - interesting game. longhiep is the better GG player in my mind and while both are creative builders, longhiep's teams are better
SS Mix and Mega: TectonicDestroyer vs Andyboy - the andy
SS NFE: Chloe vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - if ho3n wins this game he'll go like 3-0
SS STABmons: DugZa vs Dr. Phd. BJ -

:metagross: Europe (pannuracotta and Ainzcrad) - [4.5][3.5] - US West (cityscapes and DerpyBoi) :wingull:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs Morgan - happened already
SS Anything Goes: Ballfire vs polt - idk
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ivar57 vs quojova - i think this is a tossup but im going with quo bc i felt like it
SS Godly Gift: Lily vs Eggs - lily is a better player and builder
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs DerpyBoi - i like axzel more
SS NFE: Jordy vs lepton - i think jordy is better
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs sasha - "bold sasha and say the reason why is you don't like Swedish people" - kris

Violet Group

:sirfetchd: UK (willdbeast and Greybaum) - [6][2] - Canada (Fc and omicorio) :calyrex-ice:
SS Mix and Mega: Clastia vs gum

generally i think UK has a more solid team than canada. canada has like 2.5 really good slots, a couple ok ones, and three that are pretty questionable, while UK has some really good players basically every slot except for like 1.5 so idk. UK is the better team ggs

Last edited:
BH Predictions:

Asia Pacific vs. Northeast
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech: The last time theses two met up was in ompl, where TTTech lost in a nailbiter after getting volt turn pivoted to hell vs. regen etern in a match up which he had the advantage in. I think in a ladder match, TTTech's structures generally are advantagous vs. MAMP b/c of their longevity. This allows TTTech to outlast MAMP's more pressure / grindy style of play. However, during tour matches MAMP always brings it up a level, whereas TTTech sometimes falters (all love <3). So, based on passed results I'm going to have to go with MAMP here, but you never know when TTTech will go psycho mode and make 10 god reads with his Kyurem-B.

France vs. US South
SS Balanced Hackmons: Palapapop vs Quantum Tesseract: THE RETURN OF PALAPAPOP. From what I know, Palapapop hasn't played seriously in little over a year. Since that time, the BH metagame has gone through some changes. However, when he as active Palapapop was one of the more creative players building some really unique structures (intrepid sword Zac-C pass to moldy Zamazenta w/ spore was a huge team way back when). From Palapapop you can expect a solid offensive core, with a furscales or fur/regenvest structure. With QT on the other hand, they've been active throughout most of BH so they're well attuned with the meta. A lot of their teams tend to be fairly standard regixern cores, with some random ideas thrown in them such as normpult, lightning rod etern, or TYRANTRUM. Based on metagame familiarity I'll go with QT here, but when it comes to Palapapop you always have to be ready for something unique. Really excited for this game!

UK vs. Canada
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tea Guzzler vs Potatochan: From an outside perspective, the call to start Potatochan in BH is a very strange one. Career Ended is a pretty solid player, and has been quite active in the past few months. Potatochan on the other hand, only has 3 BH tour games up their belt (from bh ssnl), and hasn't played a mainer yet. Along with this, I have no idea if they actual build for themselves. One might expect Career Ended to build for Potatochan, but I personally believe that BH is one of the hardest (singles) metas to do well in with a passed team. Newly appointed Tea Guzzler though, has a really deep knowledge of the metagame and knows how to build and prep for BH having watched Stresh build first hand during ompl. Thus, I believe that Tea Guzzler is favored in this match up. And in all honesty, unless Tea Guzzler has a building blunder, or gets octapara'd I don't really see how he loses this.

SS NFE: Chloe vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d doesnt play tier vs does play tier, if chloe gets a viable team and ho3n loads bullshit he can easily lose tho.
SS NFE: Jordy vs lepton , good mu between the better nfe's of this tour, jordy has support lepton does not but lepton can hold her own still think jordy slightly edges this.
SS NFE: PandaDoux vs Kabilapok , PD has the experience of OM teamtours despite having worse? results in NFE. kabilapok seemingly won nfe ssnl outta nowhere, but shing teams are apparently able to carry people nowadays. do think in a teamtour setting he can be more prepped for and that could cost kabilapok against the more seasoned om teamtour players.
SS NFE: SOMALIA vs Elfuseon , UK lost the S factor and instead picked a different S factor in SOMALIA, SOMALIA is relatively unproven in this tier but we know he is capable of winning games. Elfu is pretty hot in SS tiers esp lowertiers and has really made a name for himself in this gen. I feel like that nerfed UK could have some issues in the nfe department and thus i have more confidence in elfu.

Go team horse ?!

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Scarlet Group

Asia Pacific - [0][8] - US Northeast

Europe - [4.5][3.5] - US West

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): STABLE vs Morgan - Already happened
SS Almost Any Ability: Eeveeto vs XxLazzerpenguinxX -
SS Anything Goes: Ballfire vs polt - Don't know ag and don't really know either of these players
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ivar57 vs quojova - I'm always really impressed with quo's games and expect him to contine that
SS Godly Gift: Lily vs Eggs - Eggs and I are good friends but I'd be very surprised if he beats lily here
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs DerpyBoi - I wouldn't be surprised if Axzel wins, but I favor derpyboi here
SS NFE: Jordy vs lepton - don't know much about NFE, but I think jordy is overall a better player
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs sasha - yung pannu

Violet Group

France - [1.5][6.5] - US South

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): lancert vs zee - Zee is a great doubles player and has shown that it translates into 2v2
SS Almost Any Ability: Atha vs MZ - Highlight game for sure, both really great players, but the insane amount of support MZ has makes me expect them to win
SS Anything Goes: Royal1604 vs Kate - Don't know ag but have heard great things about Kate
SS Balanced Hackmons: Palapapop vs Quantum Tesseract - No clue how much bh experience pala has but I don't see QT losing this
SS Godly Gift: Heika vs TPP - Heika played well during OMFL but I just think TPP is the better player
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs beauts - Another really exciting match, slightly leaning beauts but can go either way
SS NFE: PandaDoux vs Kabilapok - While panda is a good player, kabila is coming off a NFE ssnl win and paired with beauts support i think their will continue to dominate
SS STABmons: LBDC vs crying - crying is a great player with good support but LBDC has much more experience and is a good player as well

UK - [4.5][3.5] - Canada

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): yuki vs Adam3560 - read what I said about zee
SS Almost Any Ability: PA vs avyrie - I think this match will be close, avyrie is a good builder and I think they'll win this one
SS Anything Goes: LORD SAGIS vs omicorio - omi is pretty good and I havent heard of sagis before
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tea Guzzler vs Potatochan - very excited for this game, I think tea just has better support and more experience
SS Godly Gift: Greybaum vs Jrdn - Highlight of this matchup imo, both great players with a good amount of experience, I'm leaning jrdn here tho
SS Mix and Mega: Clastia vs gum - why canada isnt starting career ended is a mystery to me
SS NFE: SOMALIA vs Elfuseon - havent heard of either of them
SS STABmons: Clementine vs Fc - Clem really impressed in OMPL, and with help from greybaum i think theyll win

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so I decided to predict the entire tour :)

Pools

We'll start with the Scarlet pool. These are my final projected standings in the format W-L-T (Points, Differential):
US Northeast: 2-0-1 (5, +8)
Europe: 0-0-3 (3, 0)
Asia Pacific: 1-1-1 (3, -2)
US West: 0-2-1 (1, -6)

It's worth noting that because the margin between Europe and APAC is so close, it's a very delicate balance and APAC can very quickly knock Euroope out of the running entirely. Likewise, Europe can make it so that APAC can't even come close to catching up. This is entirely because Europe's points are gained solely off of tying, and any extra win or loss can make it so that there's a difference in points. I don't see Northeast moving from its #1 spot, but I think a well played US West can steal a qualifying spot from the other teams. It will be an uphill battle, though. That being said, it's a bit too much work to predict playoffs in three scenarios, so we go with this smile. Basically - NE #1, Europe #2

AND THEN WE GO TO VIOLET
Canada - 2-0-1 (5, +6)
US South - 0-0-3 (3, 0)
France - 1-1-1 (3, -2)
United Kingdom - 0-2-1 (1, -4)

Canada in #1 definitely seems like a hot take until you consider their options. They have rising OM superstar Career Ended in the back, waiting for the chance to prey on some poor souls. I do think that the +6 differential on Canada is sorta misleading - I definitely feel as if a few things going against Canada's way can knock them out of playoffs, and they're relying on their good slots to win very often which can be very draining on the people piloting those slots. South is a team which doesn't really have any strong matchups in this pool, but they're able to pilot their way out of all 3 matchups and into a tie. France is also deceptively good, but they're in a similar situation to APAC in the first pool where there's a very delicate balance between then making it and them not making it. This entire pool is a lot closer than most would expect, and despite the differential Canada has I would not by any means call them a shoe-in because every match was close in predictions and I was making a few soul reads.

Semis
Canada vs Europe: (4-4), Europe wins tiebreak (1-2)
US Northeast vs US South: (3-5)

Canada vs Europe is an interesting matchup in that I think 3 of the slots are very advantageous and the rest are not. I have Europe winning more of the non-advantageous slots than Canada just off of vibes, but I think that a tie is the most likely scenario followed by a Canada win. I don't see Europe winning this flat out, but I've been wrong before. Predicting the tiebreak was difficult because I felt as if the two chosen metas would result in one win for both teams, but I am of the opinion that the remaining metas are, on average, more Europe weighted. There is still the Canada metagame that I think would be a solid win in addition to another meta that I feel Canada has the edge in, but ultimately it's a 40% chance of a Canada favored meta vs a 60% chance of a Europe favored meta.

Northeast vs South is super interesting in that I think Northeast is without question the stronger team, but South matches up well vs them where the slots Northeast is super strong in are wins for them, but the rest are South favored. Two of these slots feel like they'll be fairly close to me, though, so this can swing into a tiebreak or even a win for Northeast. I think Northeast wins in a tiebreak too, so I actually think that overall, Northeast is more likely to come out of this matchup, but on an individual game basis I feel more comfortable saying South will win 5-3. Pretend it's a 34-33-33 chance. If Northeast comes out of this matchup, my prediction is they win the tour 4-4 into a 2-1 tiebreak.

Finals
Europe vs South (5-3)

It looks closer than it is. I think that every slot is fairly polarized in terms of who's likely to win and who isn't here. There IS one slot where I have Europe winning but South can steal, but even if that happens, I'd imagine Europe either 2-1s or 3-0s tiebreak. South can definitely win, don't get me wrong, but Europe feels so incredibly strong on paper in this matchup.

and yes, i was purposely vague with who wins what because i'm gonna make the people who wanna know try and do their own predicts in this style so they can see what i was thinking :)

gonna turn off discord and explore tokyo now. byebye!

Unofficial Power Rankings of OMWC V
Hi, here is a (unofficial) Power Ranking of the 8 teams of the OMWC! Big thanks Dragonillis for the help, thanks Dr. Phd. BJ & Quantum Tesseract for ranking teams with us and Gman for the GP!

:sirfetchd: UK :sirfetchd:
And yes... The team that won half of the OMWCs and once favorite in almost all of them finds itself in the last position, what happened ?! To begin with, the loss of xavgb, astralydia, and stareal impacted them enormously: they were all excellent in their respective tiers, so their departure was a big nerf for the team. But it's not just that! The new formats don't really help them either, because even though yuki can get away with 2v2 Doubles, Greybaum isn't known for playing GG and faces some really good GG players; and it won't be easy for LORD SAGIS to defeat the AG pool as he seems to be a relatively new and unproven player. However, Clementine, with the support of Greybaum is a good STABmons slot despite a pool that will not be easy to beat; and Tea Guzzler finally has the chance to prove himself in a teamtour and should be able to do decently with good prep. As for PA, we've never really seen him play AAA and he's not in the easiest pool; Clastia is fairly new and has never really shown what he's capable of; and SOMALIA has never , or almost, played NFE.
It will be difficult for UK to qualify, but everything is possible.
:calyrex-ice: Canada :calyrex-ice:
Canada is a fairly average team, they have a lot of very good players but also others who have never, or almost never, played their tier. There's no need to introduce Jrdn, who's been one of the best OM players for a while; he was impressive during the OMPL in Godly Gift where he ended with a great win differential. Fc is another pillar of the team in STABmons, with good knowledge of the tier and playing skills, we trust him to be able to win against anyone. Adam3560 is also a good 2v2 player who should be able to finish positively after the group stages. However, the other slots are a little less solid. Although avyrie has been playing AAA for a while now, and has a very good knowledge of the tier, he underperformed during OMPL, although he could still surprise us. Potatochan is a very good player, but even though he is supported by Career Ended in BH, he will have a hard time against BH-mains; slotting him there was a rather strange choice from the captains but they must know what they are doing. And finally, we've never seen omicorio, gum, or Elfuseon play their assigned tiers, and it won't be easy to take control of an OM without knowledge, especially for omicorio and gum who aren't in the simplest pools.
The team has potential but relies too much on its star players to be able to achieve a good placement; however, they might very well disprove our belief.
:kyogre-primal: Asia Pacific :kyogre-primal:
Very mixed opinion coming from all 4 of us: while some think it's a very good team, others tend to think the opposite, but one thing is certain, Asia Pacific always manages to surprise. The team really appreciates the arrival of the AG in OMWC because they have lotiasite who is very strong! However, RobDog747 will have a hard time standing out against the 2v2 Doubles pool which is quite stacked. Even if we do not have seen a lot longhiep341 in teamtour, he will know how to take advantage of his creativity to face the GG pool. As for the formats already present in the last edition, DugZa has just won the STABmons Seasonal and should not be taken lightly, DJ Breloominati has been playing AAA for a long time now and he is undoubtedly capable of finishing the group stages with a good score. MAMP is historically great at BH and will be able to hold his own against a pretty stacked pool. On the other hand, Chloe has probably never played NFE, or for a long time, so it will be difficult for her to do well, and even if TectonicDestroyer is able to play very well in MnM, he has no less been quite inconstant, over the years.
This team is quite capable of qualifying for the playoffs but everything will depend on the consistency of certain slots!
:wingull: US West :wingull:
"WEST COAST BEST COAST" is a phrase they spammed in the last edition, and rightly so since they are titleholders. But why aren't they top of the line in these PRs ? Unlike other teams, they don't benefit from the addition of 2v2, AG, and GG. Indeed, we have not yet been able to see Morgan, polt, and Eggs at work while other teams have more proven 2v2/AG/GG slots. In addition, sasha, who will play STABmons for them this year, finds herself in a STABmons pool where it will be extremely difficult to stand out from the others. However, DerpyBoi is an MnM veteran and should be fine in the group stages, not to mention lepton and XxLazerpenguinxX, who are making their return to NFE and AAA after both perfecting last year's WC! And let's not forget that they once again have the best BH slot in the tournament, with quojova as player, and XxLazerpenguinxX as well as cityscapes as support. It can't get any better than that, really!
Even though US West is coming back after riding last year's WC, they have no room for error if they want to qualify for POs.
:metagross: Europe :metagross:
In 4th place, we find a team that constantly scores well in OMWC: it is, of course, the European team! This year, it's a new Europe that is offered to us; in fact, almost all the slots have changed ! Starting with pannuracotta in STABmons, who finished his OMPL with an honorable record of 5-3, he should be able to come out of the group stages with a very good record! In MnM we find Axzel who, even if he is newer in the OM community than his opponents, is quite capable of defeating anyone. He replaces Jordy who will play NFE this year, and ought to be able to overcome any opponent. Ivar's slot is the only one who hasn't changed, as he will continue to play BH for his team; he constantly shows what he is capable of and should manage to do well despite a tough pool. STABLE and Lily arrived this year in the OMs community but have already shown what they are capable of in 2v2 and GG respectively. Ballfire finds himself in a more than complicated pool in AG but we shouldn't underestimate a person who comes out of an AGPL having won his last 3 games. As for Eeveeto, he will have to adapt to a fairly unstable AAA and will probably struggle to do well because of it, unlike his opponents.
We find once again a very balanced team, which is capable of the best everywhere but which must not relax if they want to qualify against teams which will give their 100%.
:greninja: France :greninja:
[This part is only filled with comments from Quantum Tesseract and Dr Phd Bj]
This year, France's team seems very balanced and active. Atha is one of the best AAA players around, if not the best: he has a perfect record in not just one, but two WCoOMs, and he shouldn't have a hard time triumphing in this world cup either. LBDC is also a very good STABmons despite the ferocious pool that awaits him. Solid AG slots with Royal1604 and NFE with PandaDoux are expected to come out of the group stages as positives. Damflame is now in its 4th world cup and should do well against the MnM pool. Heika, lancer, and palapapop are up against solid opponents but are all capable of surprises.
This team is generally quite solid but falters in a few formats where they will need to use their imagination to win a few weeks.
:marshtomp: US South :marshtomp:
Although they finished 4th in their group the previous edition, US South is back in full force this year, not dropping any game to their opponents in the qualification phase in a whopping 7-0. They have a very balanced team, which perfectly pairs with the support that Beauts and Quantum Tesseract - two of the pillars of the team - can provide. We expect to see both of them go positive at the end of the group stages, in MnM and BH respectively. MZ has always been consistent in AAA and should come out of the group stages with a good record as well. TPP had a good showing during OMPL, and with the aforementioned great support, he will be a formidable opponent in GG. After making the Grand Slam final, crying finds herself in STABmons and is quite capable of showing great things despite a pool that will not make her job easier. What keeps US South from reaching the top spot are the 2v2, AG, & NFE slots which have yet to prove themselves among the OMs teamtour community, but it goes without saying that it would be a terrible mistake to underestimate them.
Overall, it's solid team that should have no trouble qualifying for the playoffs!
:urshifu-gmax: US Northeast :urshifu-gmax:
The winners of the first OMWC are back in force this year with a more than threatening LU! Indeed, all their players know their tier well and few of them have things to prove. Andyboy has always been one of smogon's best MnMs, S1nn0hConfirm3d is quite capable of 3-0 in the group stages and is a threatening NFE for anyone. Although Instruct didn't particularly stand out in Godly Gift, with the support of Dr. Phd. Bj it would not be surprising if he had a good record, just like his support who knows the STABmons very well and who has just come out of an OMPL with an impressive 8-1 record ! Speaking of OMPL, this year they have people who have stood out from their very strong pool with Chris32156 in 2v2 and Will/WSun1 in AG. Although TTTech are in a very strong pool in BH, they have already shown they can win against anyone, while Heracross2.0 has yet to prove themselves in teamtour, they have already shown what they are capable of many times in solo AAA tournaments.
This team is scary and it wouldn't be a surprise if we found them in the final.

Dragonillis​
Dr. Phd. Bj​
PandaDoux​
Quantum Tesseract​
Average​
US Northeast​
1​
-​
1​
1​
1​
US South​
2​
1​
2​
-​
1.67​
France​
-​
4​
-​
3​
3.5​
Europe​
4​
3​
3​
5​
3.75​
US West​
3​
5​
4​
4​
4​
Asia Pacific​
5​
2​
5​
7​
4.75​
Canada​
7​
6​
6​
2​
5.25​
UK​
6​
7​
7​
6​
6.5​

If you think we are wrong, you are welcome to actually win your games.

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
lot of heat mu for mnm and ag, will do a few predicts

SS Mix and Mega: TectonicDestroyer vs Andyboy - andy is just the better player and builder here, but tect could totally fish for a w on mu
SS Mix and Mega: Axzel vs DerpyBoi - hmm derpy been playing mnm for much longer, he got this
SS Mix and Mega: Clastia vs gum - idk who either of em is, good luck to both

SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Will - will is the better player here imo
SS Anything Goes: Royal1604 vs Kate - kate is the better player IMO but i already know her team will be some mu based shit in the disguise of creativity so i got to go with royal
SS Anything Goes: LORD SAGIS vs omicorio - lord sagis is based

also i am down to host this tour for next year, i will not power trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)