Finals World Cup of Pokemon XI - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling the finals of a tournament (let alone an official one) is something any tour host wants would want to avoid. Ending a tournament with an activity win (or in this case, prolonging) isn't, well, fun. That's like if a sports team won a major title because their opponents didn't show up that day, people would get mad (more than they already are) and the TDs would get more flack than they already do. There have been tournaments on this site with finals that have lasted weeks beyond their supposed deadline. I'm pretty sure a few days of extensions isn't going to truly offend / hurt anyone, especially the finals of an official tour because people want to see a high profile match.

Basically, fuck BKC. Free august.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
What justification do you think BKC had to dodge the match? He sent his team in to Ciele. What reasoning do you have for why he would dodge a match?

I know you want to win. We all do. But tournaments should be won or lost through games. Not activity which is there to make sure matches are done. The match is getting done. If you win, you'll be much happier knowing you won through playing out the games as opposed to some activity rule. Also, east could have subbed someone in for the deadline but no one was available for Germany. Fakes wanted to party and not wait hours to do a game and he got his wish. Let's move past this now and get ready for a great game later today.

At this point both teams are beating a dead horse. Discussion about this is over now please.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
If you win, you'll be much happier knowing you won through playing out the games as opposed to some activity rule. Also, east could have subbed someone in for the deadline but no one was available for Germany.
After what happened in GTMs and Quaggsters games i am p sure my team would take any type of win and get into the deserved tiebreaker (its our own fault that we are not in a winning spot at all tho).
Sad that the TDs dont show balls this time and want to bring themself in a situation where they would have been "disliked" by most of the players. Saying a double sub could have happened is the biggest bullshit ever if you consider the german timezone. The extension-DL being 23:59 EST is p unfair as well.

But whatever i think i already said everything i wanted to say about my team in my last post. If someone can do it, it is you, Fakes.

I think the TDs should say that the rules and the DLs shouldnt be taken too seriously before they start a tour like this and not be like this and in the end they are allowing every shit to happen a few times in a row. This just leads to the opposite of what you are trying to do, TDs.

Lmao, whatever

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
guys u cant let shake have 3 trophies he doesnt deserve it
when the fuck did u win classic -Tsunami- isnt that the tour i ghosted u in i thought that was one of those wack subforum tours

stop shake he is but an empty jizz rag ghost puppet waiting for a new dick to be stuck inside to operate him

sidenote:
just my 2 cents
if theres gonna be an anti cheating rule thats enforced strictly then why is the deadline a joke
bruh
just play
im not taking sides cuz idek whats goin on im just shocked this tour still hasnt finished
i only logged on to see if my trophy disappeard
let me live this moment of nostalgia

also suck my ass east
(with regard to that statement, still not taking sides)
fuck easSSSSSsssSSst

SKRRRT

Last edited:

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ununhexium, Lmao whatever doesn't indicate that he doesn't care. Not like it'a a situation he can change, but if he feels like using this rant to vessel justified frustration he has good enough reason to do so. So don't go out of your way in the hope of getting some likes for calling someone out when you have no idea of what you are talking about. When was the last time you were in a situation like that? Or played a serious match of this game for that matter.

Let's be real here, an activity win would've been a ridiculous decision. The reasoning that deadlines are only there to get games done doesn't really apply there, because the more you postpone them the less meaningful they get. There is no real reason to actually follow any ruling when there are no consequences and inconsequential decisionmaking is one of the big reasons why people constantly bitch about this tournament.

East can basically only be happy that Fakes is a fair player to a point where he lets any bullshit slip through, I wonder how most other players would've acted if their opponent didn't show twice, regardless of their reasons. Because I bet most would've pushed for a sub immediately.

The idea of giving and activity win for anything but the most ridiculous of johning is silly, it's finals and bkc did try to play. I can see the case for forcing a son but Germany fuck off with the sob stories about deadlines coming from people who have never complained about that before, and really stop pretending like the fact like your players got unlucky (after choking) has any role in this.8

E: shout outs fake for being a cool guy who wanted to play the best east has

Activity wins aren't a pretty cool matter on finals and giving them wouldn't be fair, besides some extreme cases (not this one). I don't literally know what exactly happened and I don't wanna actually know it, but I think that forcing substitutes might be a fair compromise between not giving activity wins and not letting people push a game schedule too far from the supposed deadline. Who must be subbed? As I said, I don't know and I don't have voice to judge (and I don't want to), but in the case the schedule is postponed by one side, well, force the sub in that one. If both players delayed the match beyond the deadline, even in separate circumstances, well, sub both.
That being said it's up to both teams to do everything they can to avoid this situation, if they don't feel comfortable with it.

+Cosine180:east is so fucking shit

+Cosine180:SO FUCKING DESERVED

+xray:So fuckingfuckingfucking deserved

but you know when dudes on our team beak, they are terrible people, the double standards bro

lets get this tiebreaker

e: shouts to the sideliners who are more passionate about this than the players involved btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)