World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

As any Football/Soccer fan should know, the World Cup will be taking place this summer in South Africa (The first ever African nation to be host), So get ready and root for your team.

Please go ahead and discuss matches, predictions and anything else related to the World Cup.

M predictions are here.

A

Mexico

Uruguay

(CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER!)

B
Argentina

Nigeria

C
England

Algeria

I don't think that US can overcome Algeria and Slovenia.

D

Serbia

Ghana

I hate the German team, so I predict their early exit. GOJKO KACAR, NIKOLA ZIGIC, ALEKSANDR KOLAROV, JOVANOVIC, Do it for SERBIA!!

E
Netherlands

Denmark

F
Italy

Slovakia

G

Ivory Coast

Portugal

I hate the Brazilian team as well. SO I want Didi and CR9 to throw them out.

H
Spain

Chile(Matias Fernandez, Alexis Sanchez, Humberto Suazo, please do it)

Round of 16

Mexico vs Nigeria

Argentina vs Uruguay

England vs Ghana

Serbia vs Algeria

Netherlands vs Slovakia

Italy vs Denmark People who play boring football can never win.

Portugal vs Chile

Spain vs Ivory Coast

Quarter Finals

Mexico vs England

Netherlands vs Portugal Yet again....

Argentina vs Serbia

Denmark vs Spain

Semi Finals

England vs Serbia

Portugal vs Spain

FINAL

ENGLAND vs Portugal

Third Place

SERBIA

Golden Boot: Wayne Rooney

Golden Ball: Frank Lampard

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'm rooting for the Netherlands, they're my favorite international team by far. If Robben, Sneijder, and Van Persie can maintain their fitness levels, then they do have a good chance.

That said, the Netherlands haven't won a major competition for a while now =(

If not the Netherlands, then either England or Spain will clinch it. Argentina aren't looking very confident, Portugal have struggled as well recently, and France... well, they shouldn't even be here.

Main candidates.

- France
- Spain
- England
- Italy
- Brazil

Outsiders.

- Netherlands
- Portugal
- Germany
- Argentinia

France is out of question because they cheated. I can give 312 reasons why Brazil can't win and one reason why Spain can't win.

I think Spain, Holland and England will all make the Semis, and an England vs Spain final.
Argentina's and Brazil's preliminary squads have been disappointing so i'm not predicting them as I would have.

Even though I was disappointed with the player selection, I believe this is Portugal's year. Teams to watch for are Spain, Argentina, with the USA as an outsider. They've been rapidly improving and I believe they will peak this year.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
GOJKO KACAR, NIKOLA ZIGIC, ALEKSANDR KOLAROV, JOVANOVIC, Do it for SERBIA!!
How can you possibly forget VIDIC.

That being side, my favorites are Mexico of course, Serbia because they rock, IVORY COAST because they rock too, Spain because David Villa is a bomb and Switzerland because I have always liked their style.

Well, I'm rooting for the Netherlands, they're my favorite international team by far. If Robben, Sneijder, and Van Persie can maintain their fitness levels, then they do have a good chance.

That said, the Netherlands haven't won a major competition for a while now =(

If not the Netherlands, then either England or Spain will clinch it. Argentina aren't looking very confident, Portugal have struggled as well recently, and France... well, they shouldn't even be here.
this is pretty much my opinion, except that i think that argentina is fairly good and can come to the semis or even further..

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
as usual, england's chances are way overblown

as soon as england faces a semi-decent team they will buckle, their players are good but as a team they are total garbage

Exactly i would take Brazil,Argentina,France,Germany,Spain, and even Portugal to win the world cup over them. When England crash out though there will be the usual excuses we are shit at pens, cheating,injuries etc instead of most people admitting they are just not a top team.

Predictions:

England to top their group but getting a shock from the U.S.A, Rooney to bag a handful of goals against shitty Algeria and Slovenia, even more unwarranted hype occurs.

Brazil who seem to have been overlooked to absolutely destroy the so called group of death, and go very far if not win it.

Ivory Coast will not make it out of their group, even though a lot is expected of them.

Holland to make it to the quarter finals based more on an easy group and first knockout round opponent. They are a good team and have world class players but they always underachieve this will not end here, they are also very likely to run into Brazil at the quarter finals.

I was gonna say Germany would get far (Semi's, Final) and if anyone knocks out Spain it would be them, now they lost Ballack i am not too sure.

Argentina to win their group including Messi beating one of the teams on his own, then they get over hyped and then quite easily knocked out by one of the more balanced teams(Germany in the quarters, much like the last World Cup).

Greece to perform the worst of any team

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lol England will not win it, I almost guarantee it.

- Brazil and Ivory Coast to make it out of the group of death.

- Italy to surprise the fuck out of people who think they are in decline (and make the semi finals)

- Australia to create an upset or two in their group and possibly make it to the second round (and probably lose there)

- One or more of Spain, France, Netherlands and Argentina to choke in the early stages and lose in the group (somehow..) or, more likely, lose in the second round.

My prediction: Charlie Davies somehow comes back and they put him on the 23 man roster even though he wasnt invited to the 30 man camp, USA obviously goes undefeated and beat the ronaldinho-less Brazil in the final.

Lets get it

We'll I'm from Mexico and I'll be rooting for them, but they got a pretty tough team so they'll need some luck to make it although it is completely possible.
Anyways here are my predictions:

Group A
MEX
FRA/
RSA/
URU (I think everyone in this group has a chance, But i want Mexico to pass)
Group B
ARG
NGA (I think more African teams will pass)

Group C
ENG
USA

Group D
GER
GHA

Group E
NED
CMR

Group F
ITA
SVK

Group G
BRA
POR (Although I think Ivory Coast has a slight chance)

Group H
ESP
SUI

I didn't forget Vidic but I consider Ivanovic to be better. I only stated the main attacking players. This is definitely going to be England's greatest year in sports. An achievement in Cricket and now, it is going to be in football.

A:France, Uruguay.
B:Agentinia, Greece.
C:England, Slovenia.
D:Germany, Serbia.
E:Denmark, Netherlands.
F:Italy, Paraguay.
G:Brazil, Portugal.
H:Spain, Switzerland.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Argentina has like a Top 5 offense in WC, and although its not enough to win games vs strong squads, is still enough to do good.

They are a very bad team. Maradona is a very bad manager and is also a cheat. Maradona always forgets Cambiasso.

I'm going to guess an 'outsider' is going to win. Probably one of Germany Portugal or something. They're still a good team, but rarely the favourite.

Spain and Netherlands will go back to choking in key games. England will under-perform, again.

I'll be cheering for Slovakia among a host of European teams, and hoping none of America, Australia or New Zealand make it far.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In group B, I think that Greece and/or Nigeria (One of the two) will definitely pass. However, I'm not sure about the second team. While I acknowledge that South Korea is pretty weak, I'm not willing to rule just yet. And, because of the coaching failures in the past of Maradonna, I'm hesitant about going with Argentina.

I'm going to have to go with Nigeria and South Korea for Group B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)