World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

How could Kiessling miss that goal? Klose would score with his eyes closed...

Edit: Great dive by Suarez there.

Off the post!

I can look how the germany people are happy, and Uruguay ones are crying all over the place.
It was a very important match after all.

That was a fun game, fast-paced, not too many fouls, no big ref problems for me. Really hoped Forlán would make that goal in the end, but it wasn't meant to be.

So? It was not a bad day. It was a nightmare, and he ended any chances Uruguay had to be third place. If that is really a better goalkeeper than Julio Cesar, you know nothing of football.

Man that Germany vs Uruguay was amazing. I was hoping Germany would rape Uruguay for the fact that Suarez fucked up Ghana, but it turned out to be a great game. Attacks on both sides throughout the whole game, not many intense fouls, and just some really great football from both sides. I really hate Suarez from Uruguay but Cavani and Forlan really deserved to go to extra time as well as Lugano for keeping the defense as solid as he could. I was so hoping for Forlan to score the final free kick because of how dramatic the game had been, and it would of been a great opportunity for Muller to score his 6th or for Ozil to score again, seeing as Ozil had been fairly quiet as opposed to usual.

He had one, against Netherlands, where he failed in one goal. And you said that, because of that, he was a horrible keeper.

Now, Muslera failed in two goals, let the ball fall in another corner, had problems during the whole game, and gave easy rebounds for shots from outside the area. That, my friend, is being horrible.

Muslera is not a bad keeper at all, he did have fantastic games prior to this. I think that the amount of rain mixed in with the fact that Muslera didn't really care about what happened in the game led to the 3 goals. The 1st goal was a good attempt to block the initial shot but he threw his rebound right to the offense of Germany. If anything, he should of sent it to his right when he made the save. Instead, he sent it forward and to his left and Muller who made a great prediction got his reward The 2nd goal was a bad play on his part. If he's going to come out, he needs to make sure he gets it. He didn't, and he cost the goal. The 3rd goal was a real scramble and it was the lack of defensive discipline. Lugano got to it in the end but he had no control over it and it just bounced off him, leading to the 3rd goal. He had a bad day.

And, you can't just blame the keeper only [although he didn't perform at his best] as the forwards really messed up on a few of their vital opportunities in the German half. For instance, Suarez had a brilliant chance and he went wide.

Also, whoever said Caesar did bad this tournament is lawl.

I like Muslera. He seems like a good penalty catcher (against Ghana he jumped the right side on all shots).
But he's somewht slow and not that reliable IMO.

Also, Muslera is a good name.

Where does he play? I knew, but i forgot...
Lazio right?

I get what you mean, unreliable. I won't really credit him against Ghana because of the fact that the Ghanaian penalty kicks were horrible, except Gyan. Lawl, if only he did that during his 120' penalty. </3

Also, not sure about where Muslera plays. Don't follow Uruguay besides Cavani, Forlan, Suarez and Lugano. :p

Yeah he plays for Lazio.

Muslera's a great keeper but he just had a very bad day, doesnt mean hes a bad keeper. But theres no way he's better than Cesar, arguing that is stupid

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think you guys are using the term "horrible" when you should be using one more along the lines of "lesser skilled than the other top 4 teams' keepers". Yes he made some mistakes, but to say he's a "horrible" keeper is a gross exaggeration. You and I are horrible keepers. Forlan is a horrible keeper. Muslera has to show alot of skill to be starting consistently in world cup matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)