World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
even though im dutch, the only other matchup that had me at the edge of my seat besides spain vs netherlands was the last 20 minutes of Slovakia vs Italy, but other then that, not many that stood out to me tbh :P

England-Germany was an awesome first half, I remember that. This was before England was really getting trounced. Ghana-Uruguay was fun to watch even before the hands ball, since both teams were so offensively inclined. North Korea-Brazil was fun because of the spirit of the North Koreans.

i dont agree with the World Cup being every 4 years.. too much of a time gap. players will get 1 chance in their prime.. then done.

i cant even play on ps3 fifa world cup 2010 as holland anymore because of this.. I need FIFA 11 to come out now.. back to using Arsenal.

norulz

excellent
This same problem was addressed by the NHL. I feel the addition of one more referee would work wonders, because then both refs could see the same play from opposite angles. One might think it's a foul, but the other one could tell him, "No way, that asshole flopped."
Sadly, this doesn't work. They've added two referees on each goal line in last year's Europa League edition, and there were some crucial mistakes made by the new linesmen, where, instead of helping, they only got in the way when it came down to signaling whether it would've been a goal or not, against a team I can't recall, it was a goal, but the linesman said it wasn't. That little experiment turned out to be a failure, I don't see how an extra referee on the pitch would prove to be any different.

Instant replays with referees outside the pitch looking at camera angles, being able to make quick decisions on the spot without wasting too much time, now that's the future, intercoms are already used, so why not have an extra «special unit» to make the especially hard calls? Even if it wasted a couple of minutes per dubious decision, it would be worth it if it meant fair-play on its highest level up to date.

Also, another already mentioned far-fetched idea has been to place sensors inside the ball itself, and sensors on the goal lines and side lines, for extra help, this turned out to be a huge failure though as the ball lost most of its integrity with the sensors inside it. That experiment was another huge failure.

People just need to keep it simple, for example, ever notice how when you're watching a football game and you cry foul (even when it's not), 10-15 seconds later the commentator looks at the replay and clarifies whether or not it was foul, and you find yourself agreeing with the said commentator around 90% of the times? If commentators can make these decisions, an extra unit outside the pitch looking at replays (two men for example, could look at two distinct replays) could certainly keep it covered as well.

i cant even play on ps3 fifa world cup 2010 as holland anymore because of this.. I need FIFA 11 to come out now.. back to using Arsenal.
I'm not malicious or anything but this post kind of makes me want Fàbregas to join Barcelona so you play with a bad team.

De Jong should have gotten a Red card yes, but so did Iniesta (when he punched Van Bommel) and Puyol (tackled Robben (if only Robben fell there Puyol would have gotten his second card and a penalty for the Netherlands)).

Also where do you think the Spanish got their inspiration. Louis van Gaal, Johan Cruyf, ... they are all Dutch. So the Netherlands is victorious as well.

But again, the better team won.

This (the left one) is the play JUST before the moment when Iniesta kicked Van Bommel. Van Bommel had an yellow card already, and kicked Iniesta from behind. The referee didn't see it, and just saw the moment when Iniesta stood up and kicked Van Bommel. Now, had he seen this, and whistled, Van Bommel would be sent off, and Iniesta wouldn't even kick Van Bommel.

Where was the mistake, the first or the second error on the same play? Or is it just the one that would've favoured Netherlands that is remembered by you?

Come on.

Wait, did I miss something here? Torres plays for Liverpool, Wenger is the coach of Arsenal.

Can get what your trying to say. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)