World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

I did not mention Torres, was one of the anti-spain hooligans (common in smogon) who did.
Now, please, watch the video to see what i meant.

Oh... CRAP! I though both videos were about Torres diving. Now that I saw it... damn. He tried to take the shirt off without really trying.

Is it just me or is it ridiculous that every Spain player is getting 1 million euros when the country has just recovered from bankruptcy?

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Match of the tournament
Germany 3-2 Uruguay

Player of the tournament
Diego Forlán (Uruguay)

Goal of the tournament
Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Holland v Uruguay)

Biggest disappointment
England

Best moment
North Korea's consolation goal against Brazil

Worst moment
Frank Lampard's disallowed goal

Match of the tournament
Uruguay - Germany 2-3.

Player of the tournament
Tie.
- Diego Forlán (Uruguay).
- Luis Suarez (Uruguay).
- Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands).
- Thomas Müller (Germany).

Goal of the tournament
Tie.
- David Villa (the 1-0 in Spain vs Chile 2-1).
- Luis Suárez (the 2-1 in Uruguay vs
South Korea 2-1).

Biggest disappointment
France.

Best moment
Abreus panenka-penalty in the penalty shootout (Uruguay vs Ghana 1-1, 4-2 on penaltys).

Worst moment
Howard Webb (referee) in the final (Netherlands vs Spain, 0-1 after extra time): Not giving Van Bommel (tackle), De Jong (weird kung fu kick, breaking one of Alonsos ribs), Iniesta (ellbow in the face of Robben, Robben got yellow) and Puyol (got one yellow card, should've gotten two yellow cards, so red). Also, the goal came out of a goal kick that should''ve been a corner, and the goal was clearly offside. The worst moment was the unfair goal.

Lineup of the tournament

3-4-3

--Villa---Forlán---Müller--
-------------------------
--------Suárez----------
--Honda-------Sneijder--
------Van Bommel-------
------------------------
--Lahm--Puyol--Maicon--
------Stekelenburg------

I mean how players performed. Robben did good, but others better. Suárez, Müller, Forlán and Villa deserve to be in the lineup. These are 4 attackers, so no place for Robben, not on the right and not on the left wing.

Biggest disappointment is not even England, as they made it to R16. Italy and France, previous 2006 World Cup finalists both went out in the group stages. Both teams suffered 2 draws and 1 loss, a record that both teams should be ashamed of

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwS-LfRkobs

Why do people keep saying the goal was offside? When the ball was struck he wasn't even CLOSE to being offside. I'm not sure what angles/replays people could possibly be looking at that might indicate that he was. Yes, a foul should have been called before that, but as for Iniesta himself he was completely onside.

Why do people keep saying the goal was offside? When the ball was struck he wasn't even CLOSE to being offside. I'm not sure what angles/replays people could possibly be looking at that might indicate that he was. Yes, a foul should have been called before that, but as for Iniesta himself he was completely onside.
It wasn't the goal that was offside it was the pass before that. But when you use 3D technology you can see it isn't offside at all. The Dutch where just angry about the corner Howard Webb didn't saw.

The match of the tournament has to be the 3rd place between Uruguay and Germany. It was not the most decisive or important match, but it was definately a very good one from a spectators point of view, with lots of action and turning points. I loved it.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I really liked the Cameroon and Denmark game. Terrible defending on both sides made it very fun to watch. Not that I think it was match of the tournament; In my own opinion, that probably would have to be Uruguay and Germany. Forlan's goal was crazy, and just the entire match in general was fun to watch.

Match of the tournament
Uruguay - Germany 2-3.

Player of the tournament

Goal of the tournament
Diego Forlan (Uruguay vs Germany)

Biggest disappointment
Italy.

Few expected France to advance far in this tournament, their group was a difficult one too and it was said many times. Italy on the other side was expected to at least qualify to R-16

Best moment
That player from Serbia that jumped to the fans, also Uruguay after advancing to the semifinals. Or USA scoring at the very end of the game against Argelia.

Worst moment
Everything involving a bad referee. Like the ref in Mexico vs Argentina watching at the offside in the big screen and still calling it goal, it can be England equalizer goal, or even Webb in the final with the obvious red card.

Match of the tournament
Uruguay - Germany 2-3.

Player of the tournament

Goal of the tournament
Diego Forlan (Uruguay vs Germany)

Biggest disappointment
Italy.

Best moment
Abreu's penalty.

Worst moment
U.S.A. - Slovenia's "offside"

its a liiittle late to mention, but i was in amsterdam the night the netherlands beat uruguay in the semifinals.. it was more than a little crazy

Few expected France to advance far in this tournament, their group was a difficult one too and it was said many times. Italy on the other side was expected to at least qualify to R-16

How was their group "too difficult"? South Africa was the host team but their world rank was average..at best. Mexico was a team to fear but they weren't big dogs this World Cup and Uruguay were a team in the shadows, they were dark horses. They came into the tournament with a reputation of failure in the past few decades. If anything, Korea should be crying as they had to face Portugal, Brazil AND Ivory Coast.

It was a difficult group because France was not performing it's best, and it was obvious during the cup, Uruguay was a tough team before the world cup even started, at least in the qualification. It was impossible to tell which teams would advance.

France was never the favorite in that group, it was South Africa because never before the home team was eliminated in the first round!

I wonder if Germany is going to have an uprising since they got knocked out and the government back there is somehwhat shaky right now >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)