Big World of Warcraft Mafia - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by Lightwolf

World of Warcraft Mafia is a 2v1 mafia that features character creation a la You Choose It Mafia and damaging abilities rather than instant kills akin to Fire Emblem Mafia 2. This mafia will thematically pit the Alliance and the Horde against each other and a few neutrals. You as the player will don the role of a player character playing the game of World of Warcraft. You have just purchased the game, and with a fresh account will enter Azeroth as a level 1 character of your choice.

Character Creation

At the beginning of the game, the only thing that will be set is your characters alignment. That being either Horde, Alliance, or Neutral. After that, you may select your character's race, class, and specialization. Each race, class, and specialization has different skills / attributes, but more on that later.

The following races can be selected by the Horde:

Orc - Innate Skill - Blood Fury - One time damage booster
Undead - Innate Skill - Cannibalism - Eat dead bodies for health.
Troll - Innate Skill - Berserking - One time self-doubler.
Tauren - Innate Skill - War Stomp - Multi-Target limited hook.
Blood Elf - Innate Skill - Arcane Torrent - One time NOC Silence
Goblin - Innate Skill - Rocket Jump - One time Tank Ignore

The following races can be selected by the Alliance:

Human - Innate Skill - Every Man For Himself - Ignore the first hook on you every night.
Dwarf - Innate Skill - Stoneskin - One time remove all damage over time effects / reduce incoming damage by 20%.
Gnome - Innate Skill - Expansive Mind - For every 5 abilities cast, cast one basic ability twice.
Night Elf - Innate Skill - Shadow Meld - If idle for 1 cycle become invisible / untargetable for 1 cycle. (Using a skill breaks this untargetability)
Draenei - Innate Skill - Gift of the Naaru - One time full heal.
Worgen - Innate Skill - Darkflight - One time use damaging abilities during night instead of Day.

Each of these races has a select amount of classes they can choose. Not all classes are compatible with all races. The class/race compatibility chart is as follows:

Please Ignore the Death Knight and Monk classes, as they are not being used in this game.

After choosing your race and class, you will then choose your specialization. Each class has access to three unique specializations (exception being the Druid which has access to 4). These specializations will characterize you into one of three roles: Damage Dealer, Tank, or Healer. In general, damage dealers deal the most damage over time, have medium survivability and have minimal self/team healing. Tanks have high survivability, medium self/team healing, and low damage. Healers have high self/team healing, medium damage, and low survivability. The following specializations are available for each class (with a small note about their strengths)

Druid: Innate Skill - Innervate - One time cooldown remover.

Feral (DPS): High single target burst damage.
Guardian (Tank): Massive Taunt and damage mitigation
Balance (DPS): High single target sustained damage.
Restoration (Healer): High Healing over time.

Hunter: Innate Skill - Hunter's Mark - Tracker

Marksmanship (DPS): High single target sustained damage.
Survival (DPS): High multi-target burst damage.
Beastmastery (DPS): High single target burst damage.

Mage: Innate Skill - Arcane Intellect - Inspector

Frost (DPS): High multi-target sustained damage.
Fire (DPS): High single target sustained damage.
Arcane (DPS): High single target burst damage.

Paladin: Innate Skill - Divine Protection - Timed use BPV

Retribution (DPS): High single target sustained damage.
Holy (Healer): High single target healing.
Protection (Tank): Higher than most tank's damage.

Priest: Innate Skill - Mind Control - Limited Redirect

Holy (Healer): Jack of all trades healer.
Discipline (Healer): Shielding
Shadow (DPS): High sustained single target damage.

Rogue: Innate Skill - Sap - Hooker

Subtlety (DPS): High single target burst damage.
Assassination (DPS): High ramping damage.
Combat (DPS): High single target sustained damage.

Shaman: Innate Skill - Far Sight - Yes/No Question asker.

Restoration (Healer): High multi-target healing.
Elemental (DPS): High single target burst damage.
Enhancement (DPS): High single target sustained damage.

Warlock: Innate Skill - Life Tap - Sacrifice HP to use abilities more.

Affliction (DPS): High ramping damage.
Destruction (DPS): High multi-target sustained damage.
Demonology (DPS): High single target burst damage.

Warrior: Innate Skill - Charge - Naturally high priority.

Fury (DPS): High single target burst damage.
Arms (DPS): High multi target burst damage.
Protection (Tank): High damage mitigation and rev martyring.

==================

After you have chosen your race/class combo, the game will begin.

Night Cycle

Questing

During the night users will be able to level up by going on quests either by themselves or with members of their own faction. For each character you go questing with (including yourself, up to a maximum of 5 per party), you will gain a level. At levels 10, 20, 30, etc... up to the level cap of 50, you will gain a new ability associated with your specialization. This ability may be another damage dealing ability, a passive ability, any number of things. You will not gain a level if you go questing with a member of the opposing faction. You will gain a level if you go questing with a neutral. In order to be considered in a party, all members of that party must send in a PM to the host entitled "Going Questing With "USER 1", "USER 2",...." any member who fails to send in this PM will not be eligible to go questing (however, if say 4/5 of the members do send in that PM, those 4 will still go questing together, just without the 5th member).

A note about parties: Any tank that is active in a party will be considered to be "tanking" for that group. This means any damage dealing abilities that target a member of that party will instead be directed toward the tank. This effect persists until the next night cycle. If multiple tanks are in the same party, the highest level tank is prioritized. If multiple tanks are in the same party and are the same level, a random number generator will be used to determine which of the tanks is targeted. All damage dealing abilities will always hit one singular tank within a party (unless otherwise stated by the damaging ability itself. Some abilities may be multi-target, or able to circumvent a tank).

Healing

The night cycle is where all healing abilities are to be used. These will be noted in your PMs (by saying send it at night instead of during the day), but it is worth repeating here. Some abilities may be the exception to this rule.

Non Damage Abilities

Most non damaging abilities (such as the Mage's inspect, or the Shaman's yes/no question) are used during the night cycle. There may be some exceptions.

Day Cycle

Electing a Warchief / King

Instead of a lynch, during the day the Horde / Alliance will publicly vote for their Warchief / King. Only the Horde may have votes count towards the Warchief, and only the Alliance may have votes count toward the King. You may still vote in either election regardless of your faction affiliation, you just will not have your vote count unless your faction is correct. You may vote in the day thread by posting "Voting USER for Warchief/King" in all bold.

If they have sufficient support, an Alliance member may become the Warchief (this is bad for the Horde), and a Horde member may become the King (this is bad for the Alliance). Be careful who you vote for!

The Warchief/King gains the following abilities:

They gain double experience during questing (meaning a solo quest grants 2 levels, two man party grants 4 levels, etc..)
They gain the ability to deal some amount of unblockable damage based on their level at night.
At max level they gain a secret ability.

Every day there will be a new election for the Warchief / King.

Damaging Abilities

In general, damaging abilities are used during the day cycle. There may be some exceptions to this rule.

General Rules / Etiquette:

1. While you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game. The only exception is if you are united with a player from the start, in which case you may talk with that player concerning strategy. You may not ever disseminate new information while dead.

2. The game will begin on Night 0 with character selection, and then transition into Day 1 with an election / damaging abilities. There will be no damaging abilities on Night 0. As the PM templates for player characters are extremely simple, you may post your role PM on n0. PM LonelyNess for help in faking a Role PM.

3. Do not take grammatical errors in PMs as proof of faking. I am human and can make mistakes.

4. I will lie to you. Trust nothing I say as certain proof. I will lie to you in your Role PMs, I will lie to you in results, I will lie to you when you ask me questions about the game, and I will lie to you in updates. I will drop hints in updates that are red herrings, I will drop hints in updates that are game-relevant. Or maybe I’m simply lying to you right now.

4.1 You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM LonelyNess for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user, however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way. You also may not screenshot anything related to the game.

4.2 You may not invite people into game conversations that weren't initially invited. If you believe an exception to this rule should be made, PM UncleSam about it.

5. Each Night and Day period will last 48 hours, unless otherwise stated.

6. You may target dead aliases with your abilities.

7. Priorities are in general tanking abilities > damaging abilities > healing abilities. If two users use a damaging ability on each other, both will hit as though they were done simultaneously, unless otherwise stated (the warrior for example has heightened priority)

8. There are no items in this game.

9. You should add LonelyNess to any IRC channels or spreadsheets you create for this game. My nick on IRC is the same as my forum name, and my e-mail for spreadsheets is jonenglebert@gmail.com. Do NOT name your spreadsheets "Warcraft Mafia’.

10. Do not edit your posts ever, for any reason, other than to unbold previous warchief/king votes. Do not ever change text.

11. IRC is compulsory. You can find LonelyNess in #warcraft under that nick if you have any questions. Alternatively, you can PM me on Smogon.

12. You must submit actions via host conversation on the anonymous forums, unless I expressly tell you on IRC that your actions have been received. Even then, putting your action(s) in the host conversation couldn’t hurt and will leave an easier record for both myself and yourself.

13. You HAVE to be active, if you are caught inactive you will be sent a warning PM. If you keep being inactive, you will be subbed out without hesitation, please don't make me do this.

14. If an ability description and the rules clash in something, the ablity takes precedence; make sure to ask me about specifically what it is that you think breaks the rules prior to actually doing it, however!

15. The official IRC channel for this game is #warcraft.

16. If you have a non-information role, you will not receive a result unless it fails. If you think you should have received a night result but did not, you should contact me immediately.

Last edited:

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
THIS GAME WILL NEED 32 USERS. IT WILL BEGIN WHEN DLE'S ENDS.

Signups:

Acidphoenix
Ullar
thetwinmasters
zorbees
shade
Lightwolf
Walrein
UncleSam
The Idiotic One
PokeguyNXB
LifeAdmiral
Paperblade
Slim Guldo
Bass
Krauersaut

Sunny004

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)