Big World of Warcraft Mafia - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
@LonelyNess
It's clear you've put a lot of effort into your game design and made it very complex. It would probably be a lot of fun to play through if you understood all the mechanics. Unfortunately I think for the current Mafia atmosphere it falls under tl;dr and people don't want to have to put in so much work to understand how the game works, what they can do, and how they can best win.

I also think a lot of people are (rightfully) skeptical of you as a host following Vampire Mafia, and to a lesser extent Mafia Mafia 2. Vampire was another experimentally-formatted concept and it was almost universally met with disdain because the villagers were nothing more than shell aliases. Perhaps this is your way of overcompensating and giving players TOO much to do and consider now. But I think the fact you just up and abandoned Vampire due to criticisms and football season or whatever is preventing a lot of players from signing up for this game. I am not sure you will hit the number you need as people are simply wary of your dependability as a host and don't want to be left hanging after dedicating to a game. It doesn't help DLE's game had some Interesting choices (namely no aliases) and he's fallen busy so it's being dragged out.

So while I'm sure the effort and consideration you poured into this game is appreciated, I hope this explains why you still need so many people to play and why many are opting out.

This isn't a sign-up post.

fwiw I would happily play this if it had a reliable cohost who was fully informed of all important mechanics, and more experienced players voted confidence by signing up (given that the game is experimentalish). yeti is on point though I should note mm2 was v fun for me. Maybe downsize too. it'd be a shame for a big not to get off the ground and we are waiting for dle anyway, but yeah I think her sentiments are widely shared.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
stop trolling.
If you don't want to play then just don't play there's no reason to be a jerk and detract other people from signing up. It's not like Circus is a booming metropolis of active members wanting to cohost a game (or host a game at all I mean Super Hero Mafia was over a year ago and it's STILL on the front page).

At least I'm trying to bring a new / fun experience to the subforum, instead of tearing it down.

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I'm not gonna ignore the fact that I did abandon Turnabout Engine (which was an extremely experimental game), and I had to have my cohosts take over for me when times got tough on my end (is there anything wrong with that?). That did happen. LN doesn't have the "brightest" history either as you've mentioned earlier.

It's been a while since either of us hosted a game. We both want another chance, and we think we can make this happen. If you don't join that's fine, we'll dig harder and find a way to make this game happen.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, but I don't have time to start a new mafia game any longer. Count me out for now.

I would like to see this game run and it looks interesting, however, so let me make a suggestion. I propose that LN and Acklow go back, look through their design, see if they can cut any roles as well as do another balance check together, and then repost sign ups like a week after DLEs' game finishes. This may allow DLEs' game to bring back a few AFK people while also inspiring confidence that the final product will be well worth the time and energy to play.

Of course the two hosts should feel free to do as they wish, but I think this may be an alternative option with better chances than simply letting this thread sit here for months.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Agreeing on this as I myself was daunted at the amount of information that was being presented in the OP. I'll see if LN has any thoughts about simplifying the game a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)