VGC WP Decidueye + Fling Salazzle Team

Hey everyone, so this is another team I've made recently and it's honestly a really cool team I think. It has some powerful combinations with the main focus being Weakness Policy Decidueye paired with Fling Salazzle holding Salac Berry. I really like Decidueye this Meta with a fairly unique typing in Grass/Ghost only being shared by a few other Pokemon which don't really see play save for Dhelmise, which has no real use outside of Trick Room since it's so slow. The issue though? Decidueye isn't exactly the fastest thing on the block either, but has too much speed to function outside of Trick Room. So this was the way around it I came up with, which I will talk about more in depth when talking about individual team members.

Decidueye (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Overgrow
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Poltergeist
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics

Decidueye is the main focus of the team. Using a physical set thanks to having access to the powerful Poltergeist, Decidueye hits incredibly hard once it's WP has been activated. The main play is to dynamax Decidueye with Salazzle out with it, and have it get hit with Fling. When Dynamaxed, Deciduye takes almost zero damage from Fling, but because Salazzle is flinging it's Salac Berry, not only does Decidueye get a boost in attack, it also gets an instant boost in speed as well, making it an incredibly deadly force from turn one. Shadow Sneak is a great way to pick off weakened, faster threats while Poltergeist is the main STAB move of choice for damage. Leaf Blade is a secondary STAB option for use as well as setting up Grassy Terrain when maxed. Finally, Acrobatics pairs with this set really well as once Weakness Policy is up it gets doubled in power, plus as Max Airstream provides Decidueye and it's teammates with further boosts. Overall I've been very happy with Decidueye and is certainly a sleeper pick for this Meta.

Salazzle @ Salac Berry
Ability: Oblivious
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Fling
- Taunt
- Overheat

Decidueye's main partner in crime, Salazzle has so much more utility than simply being a Fling user, though that is a major part of her use on the team. Having access to moves like Fake Out and Taunt, when it's obvious that the Opponent has a re-director or a Trick Room user on their side, Salazzle is capable of putting a stop of those attempts. Fling with Salac Berry is how Salazzle activates Decidueye's Weakness Policy and giving it a speed boost, making it a great ally for the ghostly bird, especially with it's naturally high base Speed state. Finally, Overheat allows Salazzle to take the offensive when it needs too, powering off a very strong Fire-Type attack when I need it to dish out some actual damage. Corrosion really has no use here so I decided to go for Oblivious instead, for the rare times someone would/could try and taunt it. Overall, Salazzle is a very solid member of the team.

Raichu-Alola (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rising Voltage
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Seeing this you probably already know what the next part of the team is: An Electric Terrain core! Alolan Raichu pairs perfectly well with Electric Terrain thanks to Surge Surfer, and when paired with a Choice Specs really makes it a huge threat, with not much being able to outspeed it while allowing it to hit hard, especially with Rising Voltage. It's all a recipe for a great pokemon that acts as either a cleaner late game, or a way to soften up the opponent's team before I bring out my Dynamaxer, Raichu has proven to be a valuable member. Psychic is a great secondary STAB move as a lot of people seem to have Pokemon with Lightning Road more often. Focus Blast helps hit Steel-Types like Ferrothorn and Cobalion, and finally I went with Grass Knot as a way of hitting Pokemon like Rhyperior and also Gastrodon. The reason I went with Grass Knot over say, Surf, is being I didn't want Raichu hitting it teammates as well, plus also the fast that Grass Knot hits Gastrodon.

Pincurchin @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rising Voltage
- Scald
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Pincurchin is actually a pretty cool Pokemon. Setting up Electric Terrain for Raichu, it can also be brought without it to help counter TR Teams and Amoongus in general. It can fire off surprisingly powerful Rising Voltages, mostly thanks to it's own ability, applying significant pressure and thanks to it's minus Speed Nature, can really punish those who get Trick Room off. Scald is a great water for coverage with the chance to Burn a Pokemon, hitting Pokemon that resist or are immune to Rising Voltage. Sucker Punch, while being not as strong as the other moves, being Physical, but it does provide some priority to once again, pick off some weakened threats or help deal enough damage to finish off other threats. Finally we have Protect, to keep Pincurchin safe in certain situations. For the item I chose Electric Seed, since it gives Pincurchin a nice Defense boost.

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball

Primarina is a great Water-Type to throw onto any team when a Water-Type is needed. Being bulky, especially when given an Assault Vest, Prim is a great choice for a back up Dynamax choice for games where Decidueye is not favorable. Hyper Voice, thanks to Liquid Voice, becomes a great Water move that hits both Pokemon, hitting even harder should the rain have been set up previously, either by another Pokemon or Prim itself while Dynamaxed. Hydro Cannon is a last resort move to use, being a Water-Type nuke to hit weakened Dynamanxed Pokemon to ensure a KO or to be sure to end a game. Fairy STAB is always nice to have, and Moonblast is the STAB move of choice here representing Fairy, still being a great type to have access too, hitting hard coming from Prim. Finally, for coverage, we have Energy Ball. I know, another Grass move, but honestly with Pokemon like Gastrodon as well as Lapras, who have immunity to Water moves, Grass is important coverage to have.

Urshifu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Detect

Single Strike Urshifu is a powerhouse for the team, Dark/Fighting being a very powerful STAB combination. Honestly, I don't know what GF was thinking when they made moves that always Crit, but hey, Wicked Blow gives Urshifu an insanely powerful Dark STAB that can't be protected against, thanks to Unseen Fist. Close Combat is another very powerful STAB move of choice, hitting incredibly hard and hitting Steel and Dark types very hard. Sucker Punch, while being redundant STAB gives Urshifu good and powerful Priority, especially given it's respectable, but not amazing, base Speed. Finally, since Urshifu has Focus Sash to help it avoid being one shot by the abundant Flying and Fairy STAB in the game, Detect helps keep the Sash intact against Fake-Out Users, as well as just helping wait out certain effects or threats.

So yeah, that's the team! I really, really hope I get some feedback on this one, since the last one I posted didn't get...well any feedback. But yeah, one can hope!

This team is difficult to rate, not because it's super good and needs little changes, but because it has very glaring flaws, but the two pokemon that need to go are the two "Stars" of the team. However, if you end up agreeing with me on this and think that they need to go too, then here are my suggestions.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 4 SpD / 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Body Press
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 60 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Heat Wave

These two pokemon are mainly to address glaring weaknesses in your team. Mainly your matchup against certain threats such as Dracozolt, Ferrothorn, and Grimmsnarl, the former two I should also mention go through your team like butter. These two should keep that from happening form now on.
And one last thing

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Expanding Force
- Volt Switch
- Fake Out

Just gonna tell out right, Grass Knot and Focus Miss are both trash in doubles and aren't worth your time, and Psychic is worthless when Expanding Force is literally right there. This improved Raichu set should help you net KOs while also supporting the rest of your team. Volt Switch to gain momentum, Fake Out to flinch a pokemon and letting its partner net an easy KO. It should be far more helpful than being locked into Focus Miss.

Hope these changes help you out. Happy Climbing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)