Non-Redis

Lugia/Lugia #249 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
Psycho Boost - FeatherDance - Roost - Earth Power
31 12 31 31 31 31
UT
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

Disclaimer: These pokémon were caught using the RAM hack method. The current PRNG value was altered prior to the pokémon being generated. This was done because getting a specific initial seed is borderline impossible (must be timed to nanoseconds) and the current PRNG value advances unpredictably. Also, each encounter has a different amount of advances prior to the generation of a pokémon. All this makes it practically impossible to not use the RAM hack method to capture these pokémon. These pokémon are legal though and they will pass all hack checks.

These pokémon are not to be traded in any way anywhere. Not even for cloning or transferring, or trading to your best friend or trading partner, or whatever. If you need a clone and you can't get one yourself you can ask me for one (provided that you're the winner of the pokémon of course). Failure to follow this simple rule will result in you being on Smogon's Blacklist. Speaking of the blacklist, anyone on the blacklist is prohibited from entering.

So how do you get one of these? Well there are a couple of ways (you may participate in both ways):

1) Nicknaming contest. Give me a nickname for each pokémon that you would like. You can pick as many pokémon as you would like but only 1 nickname per pokémon. There are no limits to this part. If I like 3 of your nicknames then you'll get 3 pokémon. This is my main motivation behind the giveaway as I'm terrible at nicknames. Nicknames are to be posted in this thread. Any sent by VM or PM will be ignored. The character limit for nicknames is 10 characters, and I can only use characters that are available in the English XD game. This should go without saying but nothing inappropriate please. If a young child shouldn't see it then please don't suggest it.
Not showing lower case characters but those are allowed as well.

2) Trivia questions. There are three questions. The first person to answer one of the questions by PM is the winner for that question. Any questions answered in this thread or by VM will disqualify you from this giveaway entirely. If the correct answer is given by VM or in this thread before I receive one by PM that question will be void (that is no pokémon will be given for that question). When sending a PM you must put the word "Giveaway" in the subject line or it will be ignored. You may answer only one question and for the second question you may only give one of the two answers. The winners of the trivia question part can pick any pokémon from my trade thread. When I receive a correct answer by PM I will note it next to the question so don't answer a question that has already been correctly answered. The questions are:

1. What is the theme behind the nicknames for my first set of XD pokémon? - Already answered correctly.
  2. What does my avatar depict? 2 possible answers. - Already answered correctly.
  3. In the opening sequence for XD right after the Nintendo logo there is a screen for The Pokémon Company. What are all 5 words that can be seen aside from The Pokémon Company? - Already answered correctly.
Please note that it may take me a few days to trade these as I'm SRing for a Dragonite and I would like to get the Earth Ribbon from Mt. Battle on all of these pokémon (I have to borrow the transfer cable from a friend). Meaning that if it takes me a week for a good Dragonite the winners will have to wait a week or so. Also, to those that can RNG pokémon in XD I'd rather you not participate in this giveaway as you would be one of the few that can get these pokémon yourself. Let other people have a chance at these.

Edit: The giveaway is to be closed on Oct. 12/11 at about 8am EST. At that point I will take a look at the entries.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is so awesome. just one question though that I didn't catch in the rules: Can we participate in both ways? or we have to pick one method only?
Just sent you a PM btw. =P

Edit: since you answered below I'll edit and give it a shot at nicknames as well xP

Lugia - Psycho Storm (pretty obvious if you consider both the moves it learns AND the XD introduction scene, though I'm not sure if it fits in the character limit)

Articuno - Glacier (not too original I guess but it fits the bird)

Zapdos - Madbolt (Ever since 1st gen this bird has made my life miserable when catching it...)

Moltres - Olympia (If you've seen the anime you can put the dots together :P)

Beedrill - Pawn Lancet (when I think about its uses in ana ctual battle this comes to mind -_-)

Togetic - Trickster (seriously when XD was released nobody expected anything from togetic... now say hi to Togekiss and tell me he wasn't deceiving us all these years)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes you can participate in both ways.

Edit: The three trivia questions have been answered already and no nickname submissions? :/

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Souther/Moltres #146 Lv 50

Timid - Pressure
Extrasensory - Morning Sun - Tailwind - Roost
30 3 30 30 31 31
UT
HP Grass
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

Named after the user of the South Star Pheonix Fist (Nanto Ho-oh Ken)​

Fimbulvetr/Articuno #144 Lv 50

Timid - Pressure
Extrasensory - Haze - Heal Bell - Roost
31 2 31 30 30 31
UT
HP Ground
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

Ice Spell. Based on Norse Myth of Thimble Winter.

-EDIT-​

Impundulu/Zapdos #145 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
Extrasensory - Baton Pass - Metal Sound - Heat Wave
30 10 30 31 31 31
UT
HP Ice
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

Bantu Legend

Yangchen/Togetic #176 Lv 26

Calm - Serene Grace
Tri-Attack - Helping Hand - Seismic Toss - Softboiled
31 29 31 31 31 31
UT
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

Named after the previous Airbending Avatar. (Love that show) B'c Air Slash + Tri Attack + Access to Water Pulse/AncientPower/Fire Blast?​

Track Jack/Beedrill ♂ #15 Lv 30

Jolly - Swarm
Baton Pass - Mimic - Double-Edge - Tailwind
31 31 31 21 31 31
UT
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

The Hunger Games

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Acnowlogia/Lugia #249 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
31 12 31 31 31 31
UT

Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

Because thats what I think of when Shadow Lugia uses Psycho Boost​

His NN: XD001, though that NN was already used a bunch of times. why?
Because this beauty was an experiment for Cipher, which he is originally XD001, or named "Lugia" per se, I just like XD001 becuase it is mostly the original name.

Lugia/Lugia #249 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
31 12 31 31 31 31
UT
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

EDIT: There may be other creative names, so if this name doesn't work, I understand. I said this name first, so no copy please!

Hi I'd like to enter a nickname please:

Articuno/Articuno #144 Lv 50

Timid - Pressure
Extrasensory - Haze - Heal Bell - Roost
31 2 31 30 30 31
UT
HP Ground
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

This beauty I'd call BlueTails

And for Zapdos...

Zapdos/Zapdos #145 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
30 10 30 31 31 31
UT
HP Ice
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

I'd call this guy Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer!)

Thanks.

Jay-Z

Lugia/Chimera-inspired by a monster of final fantasy X
Articuno/NorthWind-because it is cold as the north wind
Togetic/Aironet-inspired by a monster of final fantasy x
Zapdos/Horus-Horus inspired from zapdos's analogy with the egyptian god "winged dragon of ra"from the yugioh cards
Moltres/McNugget-McNugget from the McDonald's typical food

I'd like to try out for the Nicknaming portion of the Giveaway.

Zapdos/Zapdos #145 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
30 10 30 31 31 31
UT
HP Ice
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

(Judgement) Thought of from one of my Favorite RPGs of all time and one of my most favorite Summons in the game. (Golden Sun)

Moltres/Moltres #146 Lv 50

Timid - Pressure
Extrasensory - Morning Sun - Tailwind - Roost
30 3 30 30 31 31
UT
HP Grass
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

(RedPhoenix) Thought of from a Random Flashback I had of Final Fantasy 7 which also is a Summon (Phoenix) so it seemed to fit Moltres perfectly.

Togetic/Togetic #176 Lv 26

Calm - Serene Grace
31 29 31 31 31 31
UT
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis

(Mardi Gras) When you look at Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss, Their colors just scream some kind of Holiday whether it's Independence Day, Mardi Gras, or just being at a parade full of Confetti xD. I decided to go with Mardi Gras for him for that purpose.

Nice Giveaway By The Way and Good Luck to all of those who enter. :)

Articuno - Glaciater (From freezing)

Zapdos - Boltolos (God of "Bolts", direct parallel to "Voltolos" - Thundurus. Now more relevant as Thundurus is Uber)

Moltres - Phlogister (From the Phlogiston Theory of combustion)

Togetic - Jubilee (Meaning happiness)

Lugia - Psy Shadow (Has as to have some reference to Psychic and Dark)

EDIT: Added Sprites and Togetic's NN as it was male

nn:
Cobalt
-Just a refence to the shade of paint.

nn:
Magnus
-The "Metal sound" move made me think of Magneto the x-men whom controls magnetic fields, Magnus is a nickname of his.

nn:
Autumn
-Moltres firey wings resembles the fall leaves :)

nn:
Tranquil
-The nature highly influnced this choice, topei's evo. line isn't fierce looking anyway.

nn:
Rainkeeper
- When I think of Lugia I always thing of water :P

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bah, I should have mentioned that Togetic's gender is Male. I forgot to mention that everywhere. :s

My nicknames (all based on Breath of Fire):

Moltres -> FlameDrake
Articuno -> SnowDrake
Zapdos -> ThndrDrake [EDIT: 11 characters, woops :x Wish ThunderDrake could fit]
Togetic -> Rudra
And, of course, the greatest Dragon:

Lugia -> Agni

For Articuno, what about Fimbulvetr (an icy wind-looking spell from the Fire Emblem series)?

Zapdos needs to be Blitztrahl (an almost-translation of Lightning Flash).

Moltres should be Aureola (a big flashy light and fire spell, again from Fire Emblem)

And the XD001 is Geistwand (Mind Wall), though I was SO tempted to say "Why not just name it XD001?)

I like the name Chione for Articuno. She's the Greek Goddess of Snow and the daughter of the North Wind, and a perfect namesake for our favorite frosty phoenix.

For Zapdos, I like the name Eclair. it's a French dessert, but it's literal meaning is the "flashing" of Lightning. With Thundurus banned, Zapdos is truly the brightest electric type in the sky now.

Zharptysia- this is a simplification of the Russian word for Firebird, which is both moltres' namesake as well as a famous opera on the mythical creature.

I like Zephyr for Togetic because he was the graceful embodiment of the West Wind in Greek mythology as well as a synonym for a breeze.

Avalerion is a mythical bird that would drown itself in water much in the same way as the phoenix. Lugia dives underwater to restrain its immense power. Thinking of it swimming into the water with its immense power just inspired me to give it this name.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wow Hozu...amazing giveaway!

Zapdos/Zapdos #145 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
30 10 30 31 31 31
UT
HP Ice
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis
I'd nickname it "Astraphobe," a shortening based on astraphobia, the fear of lighting and thunder. Interestingly enough, Sanskrit defines astra as a demigod who uses lightning as a weapon. Source!

Togetic/Togetic ♂ #176 Lv 26

Calm - Serene Grace
31 29 31 31 31 31
UT
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis
I'd nickname him "Shun'o", based on one of the fairies of the Shun Shun Rikka, the power of Orihime Inoue from the manga/anime Bleach. Shun'ō looks like a female but is actually a male fairy whom heals what Inoue wishes, being more of a team player, much like this Togetic/Togekiss seems to be aiming for. Source!

Lugia/Lugia #249 Lv 50

Bold - Pressure
31 12 31 31 31 31
UT
Hozu/13129
Non-Redis
I'd nickname it "Wyvern." The description of a wyvern is a reptilian beast with the head of a dragon, wings, barbed tail, and almost always two legs. There are also sea variants, fitting the theme that Lugia usually slumbers deep in the ocean. Source!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Give me a minute to check if XD supports letters w/ accents. I'll edit the result in this post.

Edit: Nope, sorry. I posted a screencap of the character set in the first post.

Okay, I try this, but I'm not the best with comming up with nicknames :P

Bedrill - Phobia
Cause wasps and bees are the most evil cretures in the world, and they are all trying to murder me.

Articuno - Sweden
Cause I live in sweden and I freeze so much right now ;___;

Zapdos - Zappa
After Frank Zappa.

Moltres - DiMera
Uhm.. This is from Days xD Stefano Dimera is one of the main villains in Days, and his sign is a phoenix, and Moltres is a bird on fire so yeah..

Togetic - HappyEgg
Bad fantasy is bad xD But yeah, never think I ever seen a sad Togekiss.. Togepi on the other hand..

Lugia - PureSilver
Pretty sure my fantasy died completely now >_> Pure - because it got purified in the XD game, silver because of "pokémon silver" and stuff :P

Beedrill-Penatrator
Zapdos-Yellowblur
Moltras-Firedancer
Articuno-Northlight
Togetic-Skywatcher
Lugia-Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)