SS Ubers Xerneas + Zacian-C Noob Offense

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, it’s me again and I’m back to another RMT! This time though, I’m actually here so you guys can “rate my team” and improve it. I’m fairly new to the Uber scene (I came right before Dynamax got banned the second time), so I don’t know the metagame way too well. However this is why I’m here! Without further ado, let’s get to da teambuilding process!

DA TEAMBUILDING PROCESS
1605886739592.png
1605886854118.png

So I built the team around these two, SD Zacian-C and Geomancy Xerneas. The idea is to smash as much as possible with one (usually Zacian) and clean with the other.
1605886824282.png
1605886855528.png
1605886864376.png

With Calyrex-Shadow Rider running around it's hard to not run this lol. Yveltal also plays the utility role for the team.
1605886837641.png
1605886856664.png
1605886865347.png
1605886905412.png

Speaking of the devil, I really want to try this out on a proper team. 165 SpA and 150 Spe is insane and it comes without Zacian-C's main drawback - the inability to hold an item.
1605886840120.png
1605886857709.png
1605886866249.png
1605886906461.png
1605886962716.png
1605886967942.png

Finally, I picked those two as they are basically mandatory to me - NDM to check Xerneas and most Zacian while Eternatus to shut down Kyogre.

Well that's the teambuilding process. Kinda simple actually. And now, we can get to da actual team!

DA ACTUAL TEAM
1605889638659.png

Excalibur (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge​

We all know Zacian-Crowned at this point, because even a player like me, who has been in the metagame for about two weeks, know it (I'm a fast learner). I have an Adamant Swords Dance sweeper that would make any balance team cry. I mean, I would say it has the best stat distributions in the game possibly tied with Calyrex-Shadow Rider. Strategy for Zacian-C? Swords Dance if you can, attack if you can't. Adamant 170 Atk at +1 hits hard enough. You're probably going to get at least one KO with this monster, unless NDM gets in the way. And this team's core is basically built to take advantage of NDM. You'll see why soon enough. Coverage options should be well-known enough for you to recognize instantly, but just in case you have been living under a rock and has just came out (can't blame you with the Covid stuff going on), Close Combat is for steels and whatnot, and Wild Charge is to hit stupid birds like Ho-Oh and Yveltal and that fat fish known as Kyogre. Zacian's strategies are mostly covered in the next section, though I will say to not boost it when Ditto is in the opposing camp.

1605889836163.png

Dumb Pink Tree (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder​

Anyone that played USUM Ubers should know this mon. Yep, it's Geomancy Xerneas and it's back with all of its glory! If you didn't play USUM Ubers, I'll fill you in. The combination of Power Herb and Geomancy allows this thing to get the equivlant of two QD boosts in one turn (and you thought Volcarona was scary), at the cost of being able to do this efficiently only once a round. More often than not, though, once is enough, as you do not want to face anything with +2 SpA and +2 Spe. Moonblast is STAB and gets obscene power when boosted and factoring Fairy Aura. Focus Blast, according to shadowpeashooter, hits "steels and whatnot", while Thunder is to hit "stupid birds like Ho-Oh and Yveltal and that fat fish known as Kyogre".:afrostar:

The basic strategy is this: Use Zacian-C to smash as much as possible until NDM inevitably comes in (no Swords Dance necessary), then sack Zacian to mortally wound NDM. After that, force NDM out (you don't want the thing paralyzing or healing while you set up), get Xerneas in, and sweep with NDM too weak to stop it. Simple, but it is really effective. However, I will say that with similar coverage on Zacian and NDM, should I use a different coverage on either? Also, as I said "no Swords Dance necessary", Sub looks like a viable option, so should I run Sub + 3 attacks or an AoA set on Zacian?

1605890187545.png

Bacon Birb (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost​

Funny thing, while Xerneas is out destroying stuff with its friends, Yveltal is here to keep everything together. You know the metagame is in trouble when you have to rely on the Destruction Pokemon to hold the metagame together. Jokes aside, though, Yveltal is practically mandatory on every Ubers team thanks to Calyrex-S, thanks to its typing and reliable recovery. My set here is the mostly standard SpD Yveltal set that is needed on just about every team. Knock is good utility and deals a good chunk to anything while OHKO-ing Calyrex-S. U-Turn provides momentum for the team and helps at the key moment when you need to get Xerneas in after you forced NDM out. Defog removes hazards and eases my matchup against webs, as they hate flying hazard removers. Finally, Roost keeps Yveltal healthy so it can continuously wall Caly-S. Needless to say, this is my Calyrex-S counter, and I can use it to improof my own Calyrex-S, as long as I didn't boost it too far (and if I see a Ditto in the opposing camp I will be careful, trust me).

After Zacian dies to NDM, bring this in, and use Knock Off. If it stays it dies, while if it runs whoever that comes in eats a Knock Off to the face. Then you can either U-Turn or just sack Yveltal, as you probably won't need it when Xerneas demolishes their team. Don't sack it when you are in front of something like Zacian-C, though. Be smart.

1605897812384.png

Meathead (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Recover​

Here it is again - While the hero Zacian-C is hacking the tier into bits, Eternatus is in the back playing defense and basically trying to prevent itself or its friends from getting killed. Talk about irony.

My baseline for EVs is 44 Spe, which allows Eternatus to outspeed base max speed base 90s. The remainder are dumped into HP and special defense for it to deal with special attackers in the tier, with my NDM dealing with most physical ones. Dynamax Cannon is STAB and deals good damage while Flamethrower torches steel-types. Toxic allows Eternatus to make progress while walling, and Recover allows Eternatus to regain HP. Toxic is chosen over TSpikes because it messes with NDM's paralysis. This guy is my special wall and though it's not as specially beefy as Ho-Oh (man Ho-Oh is a boss), it can check Choice Scarf Kyogre, which is very important.

1605892973054.png

Banhammer (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Life Orb
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss​

(Does anyone have better art for this?)
Seriously though, this thing needs the banhammer on its head. Remember how I said Zacian-C has the best stat distribution in the game? Well, Calyrex-S's stats are only a tiny bit less well-distributed, but it doesn't care at all. It functions like a special Zacian-C (kind of, lol). However, it more than makes up for it by being able to hold a benefiting item, while Zacian-C has to hold the Rusted Sword. So lo and be hold, this is what I think is the third most broken Pokemon ever (after Eternamax and MRay of course). And here we have arguably the best sweeper ever, LO Nasty Plot Calyrex-Shadow Rider. With obscene speed and incredible power, they cannot let this thing get a kill, as its ability will push it over the top. Calyrex is the alternate sweeper, and is also here to pick up the trash after Xerneas and Zacian deals irreversible damage to the opposing team.

1605893106722.png

Alpha Centauri (Necrozma-Dusk Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave​

Here we are again. Why does all the evil Pokemon play defensive roles while the heroes try to destroy the tier? Duskmane's main job is to set rocks and wall stuff. That's it. Set rocks and wall stuff. Morning Sun lets it heal but be careful, as it only have 8 PP. Earthquake allows Necrozma to efficiently deal with Zacian-C. Finally, Thunder Wave allows it to cripple many prominant attackers like the aforementioned Zacian-C. I need to be careful against teams similar to mine that takes advantage of Zacian-C and Xerneas, though. Make sure he is healthy, so he can set rocks and wall stuff throughout the match.

DA THREATLIST
1605903206584.png
1605915809847.png
: Choice Scarfed only. I'm reduced to revenge killing these. I can also pit Eternatus against it. Eventually they are going to catch on and use Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor on you, at which point you can drop in Xern or Zacian for free. Twave also cripples them to near uselessness. Specs are also really really annoying but much easier to face. Thankfully they don't show up often.
1605915883854.png
: Keep Yveltal healthy or else you're dead. Then again, that's the same with basically every other team that doesn't have Ditto or Tyranitar.
1605915934529.png
: Glare + Coil + Sub is really dumb for this team. Don't get caught with this thing behind a sub doing whatever it wants. Yveltal can help pivot to Xern but make sure you don't think it's gonna glare. If Xern is in, never risk the Glare. Fire off a Moonblast even if you are sure NDM is going to come in and try to take it unless that thing is behind a sub.
1605916562954.png
: You have to try to chip down the Specs variant to weaken Water Spout, as nothing can switch in. Eternatus has to be kept healthy to deal with Scarf variants. Sub + CM is like the definition of annoying but just about everything but Eternatus can break its sub so yeah.
1605916996559.png
: Varients that have Stone Edge and invests in Attack or have a powerful Fire-type move (which are basically all of them) can dunk this team pretty hard. Zacian can only kill at +3. Xerneas have to take a giant chunk of damage to set up Geomancy, which leaves it very vurnerable to revenge killing (not to mention Groudon's sun lowering Thunder's accuracy).

https://pokepast.es/ad96bfc591b7f06e

Excalibur (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Dumb Pink Tree (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Bacon Birb (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Meathead (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Recover

Banhammer (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss

Alpha Centauri (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Aaaand that's it! I hope you enjoyed reading, and drop some advice for me sometime soon! Any kind is fine as long as you think it will be helpful!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Please note most of my experience is in AG but this is what I learned from these pokemon.

An Eternatus should almost ALWAYS have max SpD so it can easily survive hits from scarf kyogre or regeileki. My set for Eternatus looks like this but this is completely optional:
Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 208 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Yveltal's moves are good but I quickly learned that if I run toxic on yveltal, I can out stall other yveltal with roost. Now, this is mostly used for dynamax yveltal, which has left ubers, but I still feel this is really important if zacian-c and xerneas are dead or just for getting free damage on non-steel/poison pokemon.

I have seen very few Xerneas run focus blast anymore. This is because of ditto and so they usually run substitute. I go a little more unorthodox and run draining kiss but I think every top player will tell you otherwise. Another note is if u run more speed in xerneas u will be able to outspeed scarfed marshadow at +2 (but these are very rare so please feel free to ignore this part). My set looks a little like this:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Substitute

besides that looks very standard and good. I'm sorry if I don't know something about ubers but from what I can tell the only real difference is dynamax and so most of these sets are just to help wall off threats and checks. besides that be careful of ditto and have fun!

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Please note most of my experience is in AG but this is what I learned from these pokemon.

An Eternatus should almost ALWAYS have max SpD so it can easily survive hits from scarf kyogre or regeileki. My set for Eternatus looks like this but this is completely optional:
Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 208 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Yveltal's moves are good but I quickly learned that if I run toxic on yveltal, I can out stall other yveltal with roost. Now, this is mostly used for dynamax yveltal, which has left ubers, but I still feel this is really important if zacian-c and xerneas are dead or just for getting free damage on non-steel/poison pokemon.

I have seen very few Xerneas run focus blast anymore. This is because of ditto and so they usually run substitute. I go a little more unorthodox and run draining kiss but I think every top player will tell you otherwise. Another note is if u run more speed in xerneas u will be able to outspeed scarfed marshadow at +2 (but these are very rare so please feel free to ignore this part). My set looks a little like this:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Substitute

besides that looks very standard and good. I'm sorry if I don't know something about ubers but from what I can tell the only real difference is dynamax and so most of these sets are just to help wall off threats and checks. besides that be careful of ditto and have fun!
Thank you for your comments! Idk why but max SpD just never crossed my mind lol. May I ask why do you have 4 Def on your Eternatus?
I agree with the Eternatus spread and stuff (though I still don't know what the 4 Def are for). However with Yveltal I feel that I need the moves I have. Knock is Dark STAB and also have good utility. Roost is practically mandatory. U-Turn is for momentum and I need it for the key moment when I need to get Xerneas in. And Defog because it is my only hazard remover and is my main counterplay against TSpikes and Webs (webs destroy me otherwise). Finally, I have considered that very change before and it's nice that you pointed it out, so I will do it. However, why do you have 216 Spe? I run 144 to creep Zygod at +2, and also considered 52 to outspeed base 100s at +1. Can you please explain the EVs you chose? Thanks!

Thank you for your comments! Idk why but max SpD just never crossed my mind lol. May I ask why do you have 4 Def on your Eternatus?
I agree with the Eternatus spread and stuff (though I still don't know what the 4 Def are for). However with Yveltal I feel that I need the moves I have. Knock is Dark STAB and also have good utility. Roost is practically mandatory. U-Turn is for momentum and I need it for the key moment when I need to get Xerneas in. And Defog because it is my only hazard remover and is my main counterplay against TSpikes and Webs (webs destroy me otherwise). Finally, I have considered that very change before and it's nice that you pointed it out, so I will do it. However, why do you have 216 Spe? I run 144 to creep Zygod at +2, and also considered 52 to outspeed base 100s at +1. Can you please explain the EVs you chose? Thanks!
My eternatus spread is actually the result of a random spread I got from some random person then edited by people like Icemaster, Guardsweeper, and Jerryl. I believe it was originally 252 HP / 56 Def / 184 SpD / 16 Spe. The 216 speed xerneas is for out speeding at +2 the very rare scarfed marshadow.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hello,

since my team looks almost similiar to yours I decided to give you my version of the Zacian-C + Calyrex-S combination.
The first thing I noticed is the lack of a reliable revenge sweeper as in a scarfer for speed control as an example. Once DNM is out you pretty much lose to Zacian-C (which is quite easy if you think about how easy Zacian-C can bypass this "check"). So a plan b is pretty much mandatory. Xerneas might be neat for offense but lacking something to answer back for a reverse sweep is always bad. Replacing Xerneas with Ditto should do the job. SD Zacian-C might look good but I prefer the all out attacker set to be more versatile. Tbh it doesnt even need the extra power if played right. Next is your Calyrex-S set. I consider LO NP a really bad set. It might have been a good set during the dynamax times but now it just aint doing the job. Instant power is here required which is why my mon is the choice specs variant. Being able to trick Yveltal can also be handy. The last thing is that I am using T-Spikes over Toxic on Eternatus. Although I can see the benefits of Toxic. T-Spikes in general are cool to force certain mons out before others can set up for free (Zygarde is by far the biggest threat here). I got #5 on the ladder with it so this team should be quite useful in the current meta.
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Assurance
- Close Combat
- Play Rough

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)