This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 9/21.
Lauded by many as the best Pokémon games to date, HGSS sent Pokémon trainers packing back to Johto where they faced familiar foes with new tricks up their sleeves. Remember Scyther? Now it has STAB U-turn to knock you around. Miltank? Scrappy says hello to Gastly. Most notably, HGSS brought us updated graphics and remixed music. It also introduced a few gameplay features like companion Pokémon and auto-run that many trainers hope will one day make a return. This week's challenge centers around the other gameplay aspect HGSS introduced: the Pokéathlon.
Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver: Achieve the highest total score (continuous) in the Pokéathlon's Speed Course using Zubat, Pidgey, and Spearow. The Speed Course includes the following events:
- Hurdle Dash
- Pennant Capture
- Relay Run
A list of general rules can be found here.
- Do not abuse save states/resets.
- Do not use any cheat codes.
- Only use Zubat, Pidgey, and Spearow.
- Do not feed your Pokémon Aprijuice!
Start a conversation with @Stellar titled "Round 5 Submission"
Your screenshot may look like this.
- You may either submit a screenshot of the above screen (found in the record hall) or the total score found at the end of the course.
- All screenshots must include the score as well as the three Pokémon used.
- You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best score.
- You should not post your results publicly.
The top 4 contestants from this round will move on to Round 5. Sign-ups are no longer open.
- Wyverii - 574
- atsync - 558
- Nexus - 526
- Mekkah - 522
- LegendaryElitist - 509
- makiri - 462
- elcheeso - 455
- zdrup15 - N/A
Due to emulation restrictions and the nature of this challenge, I cannot provide a save file. I advise the use of a physical cartridge due to the challenge's heavy reliance on the touch screen.