Other XY OU Mini Tour #2 Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hosted by Halcyon., Nog, and ShootingStarmie

How to participate:
  • The OU Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OU sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
General Rulings for all Tournaments
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

OU Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • Standard Gen VI OU. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.
Battle Clauses:

• Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Other things to note about OU Mini-Tournaments:
  • Many of these tournaments will have quirks/gimmicks such as allowing previously banned pokemon or banning certain OU pokemon.
  • There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
  • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
  • The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.

Approved by Haunter and Subject 18
Thanks to Joeyboy / Nova for the Thread OP

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
XY OU Mini Tour #2 Rules:
Generation II brought held items and two new types. Gen III have us natures and abilities. Gen IV split moves into physical and special categories on an individual basis. Gen V gave us permanent weather in the OU environment. Each generation gives the Pokemon scene some new major change to the way we play the games. By far the most defining mechanic change of XY has been the addition of Mega Evolutions. But what would OU be like if there were no Mega Pokemon? In this tournament you will be unable to use the Mega Pokemon that have taken OU by storm. However, this also makes Knock Off a bit much, since nothing can switch into it without losing its item (outside of the terrible Sticky Hold). Because of that, Knock Off is also being banned.

So in the second Mini Tour: Mega Pokemon and Knock Off are both banned!

Round 1

Inflikted vs Felony
Winthorpe vs Bouffalant
Chesnaught
vs DC-Shadow_Blaze
Hjwang vs V_Cliff
Swamp Link vs Reprobate
Nog vs s_aman
Subject 18
vs Polywrath
Blizzardhail vs scodic
The Jaiho vs k.r.o.b.
SwaglySwagless
vs Wonder_
Tesung vs chive
Halcyon. vs TheEnder
Kairyu_Gen1 vs cuteflounder
rachet67 vs Trinitrotoluene
Magnemite
vs The Shellder Smuggler
TewMew vs ReallyThough?
Jukain vs TRC
RotomPoison vs Asterat
Memoric vs Dallaren
malefic
vs Bluwing
Arhan vs Enki
Darnell vs Haruno
acestriker19 vs shartruce2
Mowtom vs Mr.378
Lord Xen III
vs fightnugget
iHop vs Salemance
ScraftyIsTheBest vs scorpdestroyer
Fiddy vs TGMD
Sturdynips vs Raiza
Colossus vs Turducken64
Doughboy vs KarateKoala
MikeDawg vs .Robert
MiXXX
vs Dr Ciel

Round 2

Chesnaught vs Tesung
V_Cliff vs Fiddy
Reprobate
vs s_aman
scodic vs KarateKoala
k.r.o.b. vs TheEnder
SwaglySwagless
vs Bouffalant
cuteflounder vs ScraftyIsTheBest
Magnemite vs Dallaren
TewMew
vs Jukain
RotomPoison vs Robert.
Mr.378
vs Trinitrotoluene
Lord Xen III vs iHop
Sturdynips
vs shartruce2
Turducken64 vs Enki
MiXXX vs Subject 18
Stoo
vs Haruno

malefic vs Felony
Felony vs Ninja Charizard
Ninja Charizard
vs malefic

Round 3

Tesung vs scodic
Fiddy vs ScraftyIsTheBest
TheEnder vs Reprobate
Dallaren vs SwaglySwagless
Sturdynips vs Felony
Subject 18 vs Turducken64
Ninja Charizard vs Robert.
iHop vs TewMew
Stoo vs Mr.378

Round 4

Tesung vs Felony
Felony vs Turducken64
Turducken64 vs Tesung

Fiddy vs TheEnder
Robert. vs Jacob
Stoo vs TewMew

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)