XY OU rekt

Hello all! Psychological here with my first ever RMT! First off some background info: I've been playing with this team for a while and I really love it. I've had a lot of success with this team and also a lot of fails. I consider it my best OU team so far. I just wanted to get some other opinions on it. Thats about it, so lets get on the team!

At a Glance

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This set is pretty standard except for the obvious Earthquake. You may be asking now, "Wouldn't focus blast be better?" WRONG. The sole reason I run earthquake is for Heatran. Earthquake hits tran harder than Focus miss because Tran is special defensive.
4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 284-336 (73.5 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 210-248 (54.4 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And those calcs go to prove. Everything else in this set is pretty standard, blast hits hard on anything that doesn't resist it(assuming it hits), solarbeam for them watertypes, and hp ice for gliscor, dragons, ect.
Now for Zards savior

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

The main roll for Latios is too get those pesky rocks away. As you can see, rocks hurt my team quite a bit. Having a defogger is a must for this team. Latios is perfect for this job because he's fast, decent bulk, and has moves he could use after he defogs! Psyshock is for the special defensive pokes, draco meteor is basically a one time use, and tbolt comes handy every once in a while. The plan for Latios is to defog and if it can get a kill or two, that's great.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 88 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
This is the man right here. Lando is so versatile and could be used in so many ways. He's a great pivot and goes great with Rotom-Wash with Volt-Turn who I'll talk about next. Tbh, I don't exactly remember where I got this EV spread from, but its been working so far so I thought I'd might as well keep it. I love when my opponent switches into conkeldurr because the first thing I do is switch into lando to get that intimidate. I then proceed to set up rocks even thought conk has ice punch. Ice punch only does around 60%-70% so that leaves me enough health to u-turn into Latios and if he stays in I can kill it. Thats usually the plan for any physical attacker really. As long as lando is alive, theres no way I'm getting swept by a dnite or anything of the likes.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
Rotom-Wash has been my favorite pokemon to use this gen. He literally fits on any team, very versatile, and overall just a good pokemon. I love this scarf set because it works so well. I usually lead with washy and depending on who they lead with will determine my move. If I volt-switch, 50% of the time it'll be to my man Lando to set up rocks or whatever. Rotom can take lots of hits which is very useful. It helps me scout their team a little bit to see their movesets. I love burning physical attackers except conk. Trick is helpful sometimes against pokemon who need their items like a chansey. Scarf Washy is the man.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
Dragonite has been my favorite pokemon of all time since day 1. He is just a bo$$ and has so much swaq. Now to the set, it's amazing. People still don't expect a Weakness Policy on it for some reason even though with its ability it goes perfectly. I usually wait to set up swagnite until intimidaters are gone and really bulky physical walls that I can't hit strong like skarmory. Once this bad boy sets up and gets the weakness policy, its basically GG. Unless they have an unexpected scarfer or a clutch survive, theres no way this guys going down. I'm thinking of switching equake to fire punch since I seem to face more scizors, ferros, and skarms more often then trans because I have landorus t and zard. Overall this bo$$ has too much sweq.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Protect
- Toxic
- Taunt
I am in looooove with this set you don't even understand. Besides the occasional magma storm miss and facing trans, this set is amazing. I come in on anyone who thinks they can stall my get rekt team and magma storm their ass. I love magma storming chansey, blissey, and anything of the like. I then proceed to taunt to make them useless! I finish off with toxic and spam protect. Works perfectly. This set has saved my ass many times.

And thats it folks. I wish I had some replay to put here, I might make some later or something. I will also make a threat list when I have the time. Thank you for reading and PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS!

Importabe
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 88 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Protect
- Toxic
- Taunt

Last edited:
My first suggestion: Rocks or defog. Pick one. You want your hazards up preferably all the time through the match, and defog gets rid of hazards on the opponent's side of the field too. Excadrill if you choose rocks, a pursuit trapper if you choose defog. I would recommend either CB TTar or Scizor for a pursuit trapper. And if you want a defogger that stands a chance against Bisharp, choose either Zapdos or Mandibuzz.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 228 SAtk / 16 Spd / 72 HP / 192 Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
This set has enough SpAtk EVs to KO Ferro with heat wave, same with Bisharp.16 speed is to outspeed bisharp. This is the tankiest defogger.
Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt
This is as defensive defoggers get. Guarantees a win 1v1 vs Bisharp, but it lacks offensive presence. HP evs are for odd number.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
First pursuit trapper of choice. It ensures a pursuit KO on TFlame if sand damaged it, as well as the Lati@s, which charizard enjoys gone. Superpower is to rek heatran switch ins and has good offensive synergy with stone edge in general. Superpower does leave you open to RK tho.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Second pursuit trapper of choice. It has technician priority which is always welcome on a team, but it also brings slow U-Turns and pursuit to the house. Superpower again to rek heatran switch ins and steel types in general.
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock/Shadow Claw
Here is the spinner. It has the EVs to tank as much as possible, and spin. MB Earthquakes rek rotom-w, and hurt everything else. Rock slide for coverage. Last slot is if you want a pursuit trapper AND rocks, or just rocks. Choose accordingly.

Other than that, good team.

So AA-j I tested the Scizor and Zapdos set and my team really misses Lando's Intimidate. I'm going to bring back Lando and bring in the Exca and see how that works now

Hey Psychological, cool team you have here. One of te first things I noticed was the fact that Chansey walls a ton of your team and Azumarill kills a ton of it. Another thing I noticed was the earthquake you had on your Mega Charizard Y. I suggest swapping out your coveted Earthquake for the strong Focus Blast. You say that you are using Earthquake just for Heatran but the sad part is you have two other, better users of the move AND in giving up focus blast Tyranitar and Chansey are that much harder to beat.

Secondly Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill are HUGE threats to the team. Try running Choice Banded Scizor over Dragonite to beat both of them. Bullet Punch is your primary STAB, your go-to revenge kill weapon and your way to deal with monster fairies. U-turn is for momentum and STAB as well as having excellent synergy Sith Landorus-Therian and Rotom-Wash. Superpower is a coverage move and your way of hitting things like Chansey and Heatran for a stupid amount of damage. The last slot is more of a personal preference to you really. Knock Off is more of a utility move and hits harder than Pursuit if your opponent is not swapping out. On top of that Knock Off is great at aiding you to beat stall because it removes their guaranteed recovery every turn making it easier for you to keep the pressure on. Pursuit is really only for trapping things like Aegislash and Latias/Latios and for killing weak opponents before they can swap out.

The last thing that I wanted to note, granted it's a small change, was that anything running a Life Orb or a Pokemon that is weak to Stealth Rocks greatly enjoys having an odd number of HP. Having an odd number of HP allows you to take 9% recoil from a Life Orb and 24%-49% from Stealth Rocks. While this may not seem like a lot it can be incredibly useful if you need to swap in multiple times.

Those were the main things I saw that needed to be changed immediately to make the team work more efficiently. PM or VM me on here or PS if you need some more help and good luck with the team.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Pursuit

Nog okay i listened to you about everything and I agree with it now that I'm using it excpt the scizor. ikik it may seem to you that I lose to fairies but actually they dont hurt much and it hurt my team missing dnite when I knew ice or fairy move was coming in an not getting that weakness policy. Ive notcied rotom with WoW and lando intimidate murders azu, and gardevoir i havent faced much but I know dnite can take a hyper voice and go for espeed. Also tran could be good counter to voir. I do see how scizor would help me, but it didn't really do as expected. Ty for input though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)