XY OU Voltturn

Intro: The basic stance of the team is voltturning around for momentum and sweepers to destroy anything that hurts the momentum. The team has gotten me around 1600 and I'm looking for a good Stall breaker.

Manectric (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Mega Manectric is the pokemon the team was originally made around. With a quick Volt Switch, he can get out of nearly any situation while Thunderbolt serves as the main power and HP Ice lets it KO Gliscor. Overheat is here to hit switch ins that resist it harder, and then he can volt switch out and not have to deal with the special attack drop.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Here is a standard CB Scizor. Bullet Punch for strong priority, U-turn for escaping and momentum, Pursuit for trapping Psychics and Superpower for other steel types.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Here is the spot that keeps changing on the team. At the current its a banded Azumarill with Aqua Jet as powerful priority, Waterfall so I can hit switch ins and slower Pokemon hard, Play Rough for Dragons and Superpower for steels.

Thundurus (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Here is an expert belt Thundurus, whose main job is to get off one or two T-waves and fire off Thunderbolts. Focus Blast is here to take on T-tar which tends to switch in expecting an HP Ice.

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Here we have our spinner, air balloon Excadrill. The balloon lets it get more potential switch ins to spin while Earthquake, Iron Head and Rockslide all hit hard coming off its 404 attack stat. It also manages to get the kill on Rotom Washes who forget about Mold Breaker.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landorus' main job is to lead, set up rocks and either kill something or run. After running it'll end up working in tandem with Mega Manectric to lower and opponents attack and make them easier to kill or force a switch out. It runs Yache Berry because I realized that after taking and ice hit it could usually KO back on its attacker, or do enough damage that something else could come in and finish the job.

Thank you all for rating this team, if any of you do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)