'XY RU' ready to rumble?

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, I'm new to the Smogon forums but not new to the competitive scene! I've been on PS for well over a year and have had some great success (my best being #1 in Gen 5 CAP and for a little while, Gen 6 CAP). Now I know that the tier is brand new but I'd thought I'd share this team that literally took me no time at all to make but has had some great success; currently #3 in the tier at time of posting.

Anyway, enough rambling, let's get to the team!

Delphox @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 224 Spd / 252 SAtk / 32 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Switcheroo

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Explosion

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Earthquake

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

As you can see, it's HO with SW support.

• I don't really need to talk about Smeargle; we all know it's role - get up the hazards then faint (ah, the simple life, eh?). This is just the standard set for Smeargle that we've all known to love and hate. Spore is always gonna be used over Dark Void as the chance to miss can cost you. Explosion allows to get massive damage off on your opponent and also prevents slower pokes from Defogging/Rapid Spinning away the hazards.

• Specs Delphox is such a threat as Fire blast dents anything that doesn't resist it. Psyshock is used to hit on the physical side which can help dent the special walls. The reason it has 224 speed evs is because with that, it hits 330 spd; enough to outspeed base 100 pokes with a +ve nature, which is all it needs as I can't think of any poke with base 101-3 speed that it needs to outspeed.

• LO Virizion pairs very well with SpecsPhox. All the special walls that wall Delphox; Virizion can take out. I run max speed on this one to speed tie with other Virizion or Cobalion that my opponents use. Stone edge acts as great coverage w/ it's dual STABs and SD is used to give it a greater boost.

• SpecsPloud is such a great wallbreaker. When paired w/ SW, Boomburst decimates pretty much anything that doesn't resist and even if it does resist, it's gonna get off a clean 30%. Fire Blast is used to hit Steel-types and Focus Blast is used to hit the Rock-types. I use Shadow Ball over Surf as I don't see my self needing a water coverage move, looking at what I have experience in the tier, and Ghost is still a very powerful offensive type.

• LO Sharpedo was a threat last gen and it's still a threat (Can't believe it's RU for now...)! The role of Sharpedo is to clean up whatever the other 3 have left behind! Sharpedo's dual STAB dents a lot of stuff and is only resisted by a few things which usually isn't a problem when they're being dented by Delphox and Exploud. Earthquake is used to hit Toxicroak which is a big threat to this team as well as provide extra coverage for the team.

• Doublade kinda looks like the odd one out on here, but it provides priority to the team and more importantly; spinblock! Hitmontop is the best Rapid Spinner in the tier imo, and Doublade completely walls it, allowing you can set up on it. I use Iron Head over Gyro Ball is because with SW, the speed drop is just gonna make Gyro Ball weaker, and all the things Gyro Ball are super-effective on are pretty slow to begin with, so it's used more as a STAB option.

Just to re-assure you guys about the power of these pokes, I'll leave a few calcs below:

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 234-276 (57.6 - 67.9%)
- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aromatisse: 229-271 (56.4 - 66.7%)
- 252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Reuniclus: 406-478 (95.7 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
- 252 Atk Life Orb Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 250-296 (63.4 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 169-200 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO

So yeah, the team is working pretty well for me and any suggestions you guys have would be really helpful :]

P.S. Sorry for lack of pictures and pretty colours and shit, I'm new to this haha :p

Last edited:
The one thing I would say is to run the SubCM virizion. It is one of the best sets in RU right now IMO. Just make sure you keep your delphox alive to kill yanmega, who hits through subs and can KO with air slash
Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The one thing I would say is to run the SubCM virizion. It is one of the best sets in RU right now IMO. Just make sure you keep your delphox alive to kill yanmega, who hits through subs and can KO with air slash
Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
I've tested that set and the physical set is so much better as there are a lot of special walls and this breaks so many pokemon in the tier. Also, CC is stronger than Focus Blast and more accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)