Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:
Good job guys. Especially that Mega Charizard X. But I think the front sprite's face doesn't look matching to the released footage's picture.

I suggest it gets fixed up. Also, not really spriting, but just wanted to comment and suggest that (if not already...)!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quany's Slurpuff was really good so I'm just going ahead with it!!!!

I did only the smallest of QC I swear

The Aromatisse you posted Quany is a bit busy, I'll need to look at it later though.

Sceptile_1 you have it reserved, but you also have a lot of other stuff reserved, and I haven't even seen anything you've made before. If you could show progress of something or PM me a sprite you made before that would be wonderful.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna also reserve Binacle, just to get it outta the way. Will edit this post when a front sprite is done.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
To all of the new people

Yes this is probably mini-modding but I can't believe how pc++ this thread has become. Just beneath your post there is an "edit" button. Click that to add things to your last post, since double or triple posting is not good.

Secondly look at the spreadsheet in the OP. Layell will not use your sprite if he already has one of the same Pokemon. The way you can help is to make back or shiny sprites for these Pokemon. The back sprite is hard to do on an already completed sprite, granted, which is why if you make a sprite, make a back. If you would like to help with shiny colouring, do so on the sprite that is being used already, not a new one.

Thirdly, please reserve a Pokemon, make the sprite, move on. Don't reserve 5 Pokemon and not have any of them done a week later. Also if someone beats you to a Pokemon, chances are their sprite will be used instead of your sprite. If you are desperate to give Layell a sprite, PM or VM him, however don't do this with sprites of the following Pokemon:

Mega Venusaur
Mega Blastoise
Mega Charizard X
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Kangaskhan
Mega Mewtwo Y
Mega Ampharos
Mega Absol
Mega Blaziken
Mega Mawile
Mega Lucario
Mega Garchomp
Chespin
Quilladin
Fennekin
Braizen
Froakie
Frogadier
Bunnelby
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivillon
Litleo
Skiddo
Gogoat
Pancham
Pangoro
Furfrou (main look, you can still sprite the different grooms)
Espurr
Meowstic Male
Meowstic Female
Honedge
Doubleade
Spritzee
Slurpuff
Inkay
Malamar
Helioptile
Tyrantrum
Amaura
Aurorus
Sylveon
Hawlucha
Carbink
Noivern
Clauncher
Skrelp
Xerneas
Yveltal
Dedenne
Oorotto

Do you want to know how I got this list? I looked on the spreadsheet. You should too.

On a happier note, well done to all of the more active people doing this, I didn't really realize how much was done until this post! :)

Last edited:
Secondly look at the spreadsheet in the OP. Layell will not use your sprite if he already has one of the same Pokemon. The way you can help is to make back or shiny sprites for these Pokemon. The back sprite is hard to do on an already completed sprite, granted, which is why if you make a sprite, make a back. If you would like to help with shiny colouring, do so on the sprite that is being used already, not a new one.
Well, there goes my Tyrantrum sprite.

Anyway, good luck with this project :)

Heartbroken </3

Most of the sprites I've done is either already made or is currently on reserved. But anyways, this project looks very nice so far. Keep up the good work~

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, these dang leakers have their priorities severely out of order and still haven't confirmed Mega Meloetta, so I was able to get a lot of work done on Mega Aerodactyl. I did some QC on Layell's backsprite too.

My future plans involve repeatedly refreshing the page on every single leak source until Sliggoo's evo is revealed, because I've pretty much fallen in love with those goopy dragons and it'll be hella fun to sprite.

Also, it looks like I'm done with animation for a while, there's so many static sprites to do with all the leaks going on.

Last edited:
Hi guys! First post on smogon, and first time uploading a sprite on any site, so please excuse any mistakes i may be doing...
I know there's a sprite done already, but i couldn't help myself since blaziken's my favourite mon, think of it as a contribution with no harm intended.
Maybe it's just me, but it was easier for me to make the sprite from scratch based on the official artwork instead of editing blaziken's normal sprite.
I'm not reserving anything nor claiming this as mine only, so if anyone likes my sprite and wants to animate it (i suck at that) feel free to do so.

EDIT: Done! Front sprite:

Maybe it's just me, but it was easier for me to make the sprite from scratch based on the official artwork instead of editing blaziken's normal sprite.
EDIT 2: Done! Back sprite:

I Did this one based on an ingame image of blaziken's back, but the legs were cut off so i had to improvise, which is why its foot looks so weird.

Thanks for your tips, Layell. I managed to do it in 15 colors by painting its claws like you said and cutting a few more corners here and there. I hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
Just passing by here to ask for a reservation for Pumpkaboo. I'm currently working on it and will post the finished product hopefully by tomorrow.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sounds good Dleep but watch those colours as you will find you are going over 15 very easily. Look at what I did with Blaziken to reduce the colours. In particular I took the white claws and made them pale tan to help keep it all. I think I also took out the highest red highlight and only had two blacks to keep it in colour and to ensure the palette was dark enough.

I'll take a look after class perhaps but you seem to have a good handle on it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Nice front and back I'm gonna go with it. I did do some very minor QC on the arms and such but this is the kind of minor QC I like to do.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Sceptile you'll need to look at the ice cream line and maybe some other mons with ice on them to see how to progress the shading and the colours. Your shades are not well defined and not well used. I could barely tell there is two greys there.

In other news Wyverii and I now have mods in Smeargles Studio for the duration of this sprite project in order to better facilitate submissions and to better monitor the thread. What this means is we will be systematically removing inappropriate submissions that don't follow to give this thread less clutter. If you know the genV style and are following instructions you'll still have a great thread and hopefully there is more conversation on touching up good sprites than reworking sprites that were not built to be submitted to this project.

I hope the new mons without sprites done will get ones like those on Layell's signature. That farfetch'd looks intimidating LOL

Thanks for the accurate QC, i totally overlooked that shadowless arm lol. I'll see if i can find more stuff to do that hasn't been done already, like mblaziken's male and female differences as soon as they are confirmed.

BTW, what about sleeping sprites? y know... eyes closed and whatnot. Should we post those as well or are they just pointless?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I don't think PS shows those sleep sprites so I'm not concerned at all about that.

EDIT: PS doesn't use them, don't care about them.

I cannot confirm or deny what 2014's April Fools Day thing will be for Pokemon Showdown, I'm not privy to these talks.

also fattened up Quany's Aroma, made use of pre-evo colours

Last edited:
By finished product, I meant only the front sprite. :I

Well, this is how my take on Pumpkaboo looks like as of now. Tips, comments, and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
By finished product, I meant only the front sprite. :I

Well, this is how my take on Pumpkaboo looks like as of now. Tips, comments, and suggestions are highly appreciated.
I think is needs to be bigger -- I don't have the details of his size but from pictures he looks to be about... idk... this size?

That picture should actually be quite a good basis for a front sprite in the future.

I think is needs to be bigger -- I don't have the details of his size but from pictures he looks to be about... idk... this size?

That picture should actually be quite a good basis for a front sprite in the future.
If I remember correctly, Pumpkaboo is about 1'04" tall. So, I searched Pokemon of the same size and there were a couple ones like Piplup, Cherubi, and the Nidorans. In the end, I based the size to Piplup's sprite and came up with that.

Small update
The wings. I have worked very long on them just to get this shitty result. If anyone would like to help me out with that, feel free to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)