Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Hi, i've modified some sprites from devientart and smogon, and i make the shiny form. This is the result:
Arceus fairy form (take from the original sprite)
shiny tyrantrum ( ito)
(modified palette)
Mega megtwo Y and chispin shiny (antisprtite thef deviantart's user)

THE PROGRAM THAT I USE TO CHANGE COLOUR IS ASEPRTE

Last edited:
Possible Amaura (HEAVY WIP):
amaura_WIP.png

Also, a note about Legitimate Username's MegaMawile: as clearly shown by the official model, MegaMawile has two "braids", while the current sprite only has one. The second braid is hidden by the jaws in the Sugimori artwork and in the static sprite, but once animated its absence is very noticeable.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ito I have major issues with the Tyrantrum animation especially the backsprite. Currently his body does not look rigid, and his tail seems to mush into his body. The body itself seems to shrink in volume. His tail rises upward in a way that doesn't look anatomically possible. Sorry for not commenting about this earlier! I can explain more later.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh wow just noticed that I edited the old back sprite with that tail problem but its an easy fix. I'll get it up when I get the chance.

Hi, i've modified some sprites from devientart and smogon, and i make the shiny form. This is the result:
Arceus fairy form (take from the original sprite)
shiny tyrantrum ( ito)
(modified palette)
Mega megtwo Y and chispin shiny (antisprtite thef deviantart's user)

THE PROGRAM THAT I USE TO CHANGE COLOUR IS ASEPRTE
you actually didn't recolour tyrantrum properly - his outline isn't black, it's a dark red, and you left it red, and it looks kind of wonky :x The same goes for the outlines of shiny Chespin and Arceus

either way that's like a five-second fix and I just

there goes like a week of effort on my part recolouring it frame by frame (because of an incorrectly loaded palette QQ)

First off, I feel sympathy for whoever made the original Aggron sprite, because it's kindof a pain in the arse to sprite. Mainly because they have completely different color pallets for the Gray and White areas. Anywho, that aside, I finally managed to piece together a decent Mega Aggron sprite.

And for comparison, here's Updated Megaggron, Normal Aggron, and Noscium's Megaggron.

The main issues I had with the current sprite is that I thought it looked too small, especially comparing the heads of Megaggron and Aggron Basic, and that it felt very oddly shaded for an official sprite. In addition, looking at its ingame model, the actual dimensions for Mega Aggron were previously pretty off. The tail should not be nearly as long if Mega Aggron were facing the opponent at a diagonal, and the chest plates are also incorrect. The in-game shot that I based the new sprite off of can be found below, for comparison.

Next thing I'm going to be working on is his Backsprite, but after clocking in half a day working on this bugger, I thought a status update would be called for.

Wow, that's bloody impressive. Seems a tad bright (think the underbelly needs a bit of shading), but all in all a brilliant effort.

Chesnaught ahoy! Sorry for not getting back sooner, but it looks like Dragalge's being taken care of.

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
heres tyrantrum with the tail not getting as close to the body. Was literally like a 2 minute fix haha.

tyrantrum-back.gif

Next up, Mewtwo Y!

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
Oh to add to what princess said about aggron, his tail also looks awfully squished in. I bet its because of his body not leaving any room for the tail so not sure if there would be much you can do for that anyway. But still. Might want to see what you can do about it. And I do agree with fixing the shading on the belly tho since the way hes bent forward like that there should be some more shading. But other than that its great!

paintseagull

pink wingull
ito There are still some big problems. Looking at the static sprite, I think a lot of it stems from there. The perspective is very off, in terms of the tail with respect to the body, the positioning of the feet and the upper part of the body leading into the head. The tricky thing is that the head is oversized, but the body and tail should be foreshortened, so tying all that together from a back perspective is very hard, and while it might look ok as a static sprite the animations just destroy any suspension of disbelief.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
hmm... I dont really know what I can do about it tbh. Like in the animation, most of the tail motion is downward compared to the static sprite. The downward tail motion would counter balance his body moving down/forward like it would on a real animal. It only goes slightly higher when he gets ready to roar so it doesnt leave me much room to work with there. So any suggestions?

paintseagull

pink wingull
ito you're moving it at the base of the tail rather than rotating the tip, that's part of the problem. maybe leave it for now and move on with your next project until i get a chance to do a redline or attempt QC on that sprite.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
oooh I see what you mean now paintseagull . I'll see what I can do about it for the part with his tail getting close to the head. Although, its not as simple as that since because his tail is over this body, it would end up covering the base which would make it look like its moving. Dont worry though. I'll get it right eventually haha.

Hey I did this real quick :D Shiny Charizard-X Not the best job in the world but You guys have bigger fish to fry than shinies right now so atleast it is usable x_o

Oh, here is a link to my reference btw.

Yay I decided to do Shiny Diggersby aswell.

*Edit
I actually didn't like how dark the bottom was as opposed to the top portion of the body. Most of the color changes I made were 1-to-1 but this change seems more appropriate. If not the original is still here of course.

References

Last edited:
princessofmusic The front of the jaws pretty much line up in all the art I've seen for him, but I can still do an edit with the jaw pixels moved forward for comparison's sake so we can take the better one.

ito Honestly, when moving around the thing in the Pokedex, I tried to see if I could put the tail fuller in the frame, but the simple fact is that Mega Aggron's tail is really, really long, but due to his girth and foreshortening, it's nearly impossible to tell as much viewing him from the front. If I had wanted to show his tail, I would have had to rotate his face farther away from his opponent, and it would have looked weird and disproportionate since I would have had to cut down his girth in order to keep him on par with Aggron Basic's height. The tail will be more prominent in his backsprite, as is the case with the ingame model. If you want any proof of how tiny his tail is from the front, just take a look at the in-game model that I was using as a base. The picture's included in my original post. I'll see if I can play around with the shading on his belly though. Maybe I can manage something there with a little more work.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I'm on a rollll. Shiny Dedenne. *Edit: whoahhhh. That came out way darker than i looked while I was making it. Hold on Ill fix it.

Okay done. Much better now I think. Although the brown looks alittle pale for my tastes :/ oh well someone with more understanding of colors can change it if they feel like it. for now this is good enough for me.

Edited:

Original:

Source

Last edited:
Stolen Steel, I appreciate what you're doing, but I'd hang on for shinies until each sprite is confirmed as being 'ready' - you're only going to make more work for yourself if updates are made to the original sprite. (for instance, Dedenne needs work imo)

Stolen Steel, I appreciate what you're doing, but I'd hang on for shinies until each sprite is confirmed as being 'ready' - you're only going to make more work for yourself if updates are made to the original sprite. (for instance, Dedenne needs work imo)
Yeah, I figured the majority of these wont be even close to final but for now its better than nothing. I just want to contribute what I can :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)