Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Someone pointed out the curve of Mewtwo X's tail was off.

Also some minor QC for The Phantump sprite. Just an alteration of the body so that it's no longer floating (Phantump is grounded apparently) and an edit to the back to get the wood horns to look like they're coming from the right place.

On the Goomy sprite, it looks like some of the outline needs a little darkening, the transition from the black outline is little jarring.

The Sligoo sprite should be sized down a little bit. It looks rather big next to Goodra.

Hi there. If you need it, you can take all my sprite for this project they're all free to use.
---
I read the problem about colours, its often some mistake I made but I'm trying to reduce the colours count of my sprite.

Hovewer you can take those sprite if you want, they have less than 16 colours. (yes transprency count as 1 colour)

Mega garchomp
14 colours

Mega Obamasnow
13 colours
Dragalge
13 colours

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Please follow through on your reservations or don't reserve anything, it only makes this project slower.

I finished editing my gourgeist
pumpkin pkmn.png
I made some slight changes to the hair and arms
I also did a back it's properly not right but I'll edit it when I get reference
pumpkin pkmn back.png

Last edited:
I'll attempt to finish the back sprite for my Chesnaught this week, although that depends on if I can find free time between homework, tests and other real life stuff.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Please follow through on your reservations or don't reserve anything, it only makes this project slower.
Yea sorry about that but since Noscium was nice enough to let us use his sprites, might as well move to a new one. Anyway heres my 1st draft of mega charizard x. I still have to clean it up a bit and make it much smoother plus make the rare animation cooler but its decent enough to show.

mega zard x 1st draft.gif

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Maybe i shouldnt have posted that first draft so hastily cuz I just finished a second draft and in my opinion it totally blows the first attempt out of the water. Still have to smooth it out a bit more and maybe a rare animation (does it still need one or is it good?) then its prob ready to go!

mega charizard x 2nd draft.gif

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right now you have two few frames to justify putting the neck up that high, I'd delete the one with the neck at the apex, that might help with keeping it overall smooth. A rare animation to extend the neck would be ok but in general there are two loops of an idle with a rare animation that is the same length of about two idle loops.

I'm personally fine with a decent and smooth looping animation over rare animations, we don't need to murder ourselves, although I guess Charixzard would be worth it.

I'm also just going to post this because it's honest.

01:29 elcheeso: first time animation on a mon that has visible fire
01:29 elcheeso: not a good idea
01:29 elcheeso: fire is always the worst fucking thing to animate
01:30 Wyverii: Ikr
01:30 Wyverii: It would be better to scrap that animation and start from scratch
01:30 Wyverii: It's got too many disjointed part animations it'd take longer to fix it

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Here's my Binacle sprite, started on a backsprite immediately afterward...Couldn't have gotten this result without the help of Layell, Wyverii, and Quinyails on IRC. Remind me not to say I'm gonna edit a post just as the posts are about to make a new page on the thread. Smh

EDIT: Finished Binacle's backsprite also.

Last edited:
Looked through the list and going for unreserved slots. Here's Florge's front. Back may require alteration later due to lack of back reference. Also we only have the yellow variant floating around atm so we'll need to find shots of the other colours.

Oh gamefreak. You're really enjoying putting tiny details on things now that you've gone to 3D.

Last edited:

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The backsprites shouldn't be too hard on these two, except I have no idea what the back of that shield is supposed to look like. But once that's confirmed, it should be no trouble.

Anyways, since everything is progressing so quickly due to the leaks, I think I'll go back to animating after I finish this. The sprites everyone's made are so great, I'd love to do more of the movey stuff on them.

EDIT: Reuploaded with Layell's changes, and a couple more improvements that I felt were necessary but subtle enough that they weren't worth another post.

Last edited:
Anyways, I only made the Blade Form now: (And someone was faster than me -.-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm your sprite is very colourful but it's also huge, very few sprites fill the whole height.

LU delivered some good stuff, the only thing is the coluring could be better, so I might to that later.

Thus I did

Last edited:

Yeah.. I genuinely am stumped by the back of his ears. I can not seem to get them to look not dumb. But other than that, I think he looks OK for now. Unless his official artwork looks crazy different too. :/

Yeah.. I genuinely am stumped by the back of his ears. I can not seem to get them to look not dumb. But other than that, I think he looks OK for now. Unless his official artwork looks crazy different too. :/
looks like a bra :P maybe the back of the ears will be grey, but we will have to wait a lil more to find out

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Wyverii princessofmusic and I are instituting a new rule for animation.

On the chart we have put 'L ready' and 'P ready', if you are going to do an animation for any sprite it must have both of us saying yes before animating. There are some good sprites on the list but some aren't ready for the animation step yet. Since we can tell a lot of people are getting ready for animation this seemed the best step. Both of our reasons for saying no to a sprite might be different, it's our veto to use. If someone goes and changes a vote we'd know because we will probably be QC'ing sprite so we are both happy with it being ready for animation.

Things that have a yes from me but a no from pom probably need some minor things. But others that have both of us saying no mean there will be some more QC before we jump straight into animation.

Highest priority animation is still mons that we believe will be actually used (sorry mid-evos!)

This veto is also softly in place for shinies, because we are likely going to change the regular version and if a shiny already exists that is just a bit more work. So we should only be making shinies if the sprite is 'done' and approved.

IN ADDITION I have locked the chart, you need to pm me a google drive/gmail account to get access. So do that if you want to help now. Or just post in the thread and I will probably update. Remember, the chart is the only thing that really matters. If I don't have it on the chart then it's probably not on my files.

Last edited:
Is anyone doing Clauncher? I've almost finished mine, gonna finish it anyway. If it has been taken then can I do his evo (Clawitzer)?

Is eveyone okay if I reserve Mega Gyarados? From what I can see on the spreadsheet it hasn't been started yet. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but if it is free I'll definitely take it.

Avalugg, I think.
Do you know if Mega Gyarados has been taken yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)