Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Is this okay for shiny Skrelp? ;w; I know there aren't any very good sources for its colours atm, and that blue/purple stomach is a weird colour... I'm not quite happy with the red. I'll fiddle with the colours some more tonight and see what I can do to make it look better. I kept the fins the same colour as well... It's hard to tell what colour to make it since they're sort of see-through.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hmm some testing stuff with animation and recolouring animations, what I found didn't even have a proper FPS so Quany assisted with that part.

I'm going to need to find a dedicated program for this, or someone willing to recolour all animations.

Finished up the back animation for Talonflame. It was a little awkward with how I decided to animate the front haha. I'm going to move onto Noivern.
Um! Hello guys. I just found this project and it all seems pretty dang rad.
This particular sprite caught my eye because it's beautifully pixelled but, well, it's been animated so stiffly! I'm afraid I just couldn't leave it be.

So, here's a super quick and very messy edit. I just added some flex to the wings, and also upped the framerate to 6 rather than 10 to match the other flying pokemon. I thought it'd be best to post here first before cleaning it up.

I WOULD be willing to recolour animations, but my version of photoshop has a broken animation feature ;____;

Harrie I agree with princessofmusic, it's a little TOO fluid for a Pokemon. It actually makes it look a little off - but as just a normal sprite, it looks REALLY good o:

yo so is anyone doing shiny Tyrantrum because I just saw it and that thing looks BEAST yo. I can see if I can recolour the animation, and see what I can do? I guess it'd be extra cool if I could recolour animations, that'd save a lot of work for everyone, I think

EDIT: I can't even open gifs as layers anymore o___o I could have sworn I could do that before on this same version. Oh well, I'll still do it \ o /

Last edited:
That's lovely Harrie, sadly I left the animation rather rough on purpose. Gen 5 Pokémon tend to have very few completely redrawn frames and use stretching and rotating quite extensively. Feel free to up the rate from 10 to 6 though if people feel it's better. I personally thought it was too fast considering Talonflame's ingame wing flap speed.

I could use some help on the back wings. It came out rather awkward.

I could use some help on the back wings. It came out rather awkward.
The back wing on the left still gets reversed on the downstroke. I recall that some people pointed it out when the animated sprites were originally posted.

EDIT: I have Photoshop CS4, so I could edit and recolour everything manually if necessary.

Ah, my intention was to give it that tweened appearance in the clean up, using the edits as a rough motion guide, rather than doing it entirely frame by frame. If that makes sense?

It's a little slower this time if that helps make it look a lil jerkier haha ;;

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone who needs their sprite animated can tell me. I'm new to spriting, but not really so for animation
just pick one from the chart lol. theres a good amount available for animating

and Legender you prob should hold off on makng the animated tyrantrum shiny till i finish up editing it ok? Would be a waste of time if you had to do it twice.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes Legender if you can recolour animations easily then that is a thing I would love to have. You could probably take a go at the static sprite colours of the dino or some other mons with finished fronts and back!

Oh uh
I personally use GraphicsGale to sprite. As far as shinies go, it's just a case of swapping the palette file.

quickest way to do that is to open one frame up in photoshop, recolour that frame, then open it up in GG and swap the palettes. That way you only have to recolour one frame, and you can adjust the colours in the palette panel.

GraphicsGale actually looks like a really easy program to use o: You can just open the animation and swap the palette with the one from the single shiny frame then? That sounds really simple and convenient and easy~

Ahh yeah, that's right, those animations are still being tweaked~ Will still do sprite though
EDIT:

Last edited:
Just hatched a shiny absol and on the way to looking at it in shiny form mega evolve, I found a shiny Flabebe! (I can't even believe my luck!) So if needed, I can upload a pitcure of it.

I can do recolors of animations really easily if I know the colors to use. (Computer has been laggy the past few days but it's decent now.) I've got Photoshop so it's not difficult.

I'm gonna start now on doing some shinies. Guess I'll do Quilladin...? And whatever else on the sheet I can do before my computer decides to screw me over again. loledit:
So I recolored Quilladin. The nose looks a little weird because the shades are kinda overlapped for different parts that were a different base color (which were similar in the original but not so similar in the shiny). To an extent, it's the same with the... Um... Ears? Horns? Spikes? Err whatever they are. lol If you think it needs another shade of dark yellow in there instead, I can do that. This was just a quick pallet swap.

quilladin-shiny-front.png
quilladin-shiny-back.png

I'll try to do more later. I guess Froakie next. (I'm just kinda going down the list here. lol)

Last edited:
Made an animated Mega gardevoir. I can't seem to decide what other movements I can give it, so can you guys give me suggestions?

I'm planning on adding Wobblebun's gardevoir to the gif too, as the dress in his version would look good if I make the gif look like its swaying side to side.

Just hatched a shiny absol and on the way to looking at it in shiny form mega evolve
I honestly can't believe your luck, RNG abuse isn't even possible yet in gen 6... oh well, but congrats. And iirc, I think we already have a shiny absol sprite... I dunno about shiny Flabebe though, but if not, give a picture

Last edited:
You don't even know how many people I've seen on Facebook saying they've gotten shinies... I haven't gotten one in gen 6 yet. XD Seriously, some people are so lucky. I'm genuinely surprised we have images for so many Pokemon's shiny forms already.

Anyway... Gardevoir's animation is nice so far but I think the skirt needs animating in some way... It feels like just a random white blob thing that doesn't move, and Gardevoir is just sitting behind it or something. Like, it feels like the upper and lower body are completely disconnected, and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that. Basically, the overall figure could look more connected and natural, instead of the upper and lower body seeming so disconnected.

Well we already had a photo of it in the other thread for shiny 'mons, and the colours look completely different in both pictures x____x Your photo looks very very blue, which I think isn't as accurate - it's supposed to be more purple, isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)