Gen 6 XY team

Hi i am new in competitive battling and I'm trying to build an xy team

I try to have first a water, grass, and a fire type mons before adding the other 3.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry / Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum / Super Power
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

I chose azumarill as my physical sweeper. Sitrus to regain the hp lost of belly drum. Exp Belt or life orb if I chose Super power of drum. Aqua jet as my priority and STAB, Belly drums for buffs, Super power for coverage and it has 120 base power which I think works well with adamant huge power, Play rough for dragon types, and ice beam for flying and grass types.

Miltank (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

This is to support my team against status conditions, it is as well as my tank as it has a nice def bulk and a decent spD. Chople berry to avoid getting OHKO by fighting types, Sap sipper so if I think that my enemy would use a grass type move against my azumarill I can switch to miltank which will have an iron head sap sipper boosted attack. Milk drink for her to last more turns, and thunder wave to slow my opponent's sweepers.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Yawn
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Leafeon is my physical wall. I'm not sure what to choose as its ability as my team is not a weather team. And a leftover for extra tankiness. roar to counter any stat boosting moves such as dragon dance, nasty plot, etc. Yawn for hindrance and for me to switch my sweepers safely. Knock off to remove any items especially the leftovers to their walls. synthesis for it to last longer on the field.

Jolteon @ Air Balloon
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

This is my SpA sweeper. I dont know the right item yet. Volt absorb is for me to safely switch jolteon when I know my opponent will use an electric type against my azumarill. Roar is for same reason with leafeon, I add 2 roars so when one of them is fainted I would still have another roar to counter the stat buffs. signal beam for coverage and also to kill grass types while applying a chance of confusion to them slowing their set ups. thunder bolt as my STAB and volt switch when im in danger. I can also use jolteon to lead then use volt switch.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Aqua Tail

I chose gliscor to be my all around, toxic orb and poison heal goes well. I distributed his ev to have a good damage but also to last a bit longer on the field. Earthquake as my STAB, poison jab for any fairy types, u turn for switching, and aqua tail for some like tyranitar.

Chandelure @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 Def / 188 SpA / 120 SpD / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Will-O-Wisp
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

this was the fire type that I chose as it will also have immunity against normal and fighting type moves. flash fire to boost my stat and to safely switch chandelure if I think my opponent will use a fire type move against my leafeon who have low SpD. Wide lends to increase the success of my willowisp. Will o wisp to half the attacks of my opponent Atk sweepers as well as chipping a bit of damage every turn. Heat wave as my fire STAB and has a boosted accuracy of wide lens. Shadow ball another STAB. Hidden power ice to counter dragon/flying types when my azumarill is defeated.

I am new so I hope you appreciate it. I tried a few battle in showdown with this team and so far i have my defeats and my wins.

what are your recommendations?

One thing you need to specify is what format you are building for, Ubers OU, etc. But anyway I'm pretty sure this is OU because of Azumarill. While you definitely have the right ideas. There are some pretty severe weaknesses to the team. Azumarill is a fine mon with a pretty good set, but the other members of the team are not going to be able to compete with other pokemon in the tier. Really what I would be doing to change this team would be basically making an entirely new team which isn't what this is for. I would go around and look at other teams that have proven to have done well with Azumarill, or I would change formats and get rid of Azumarrill so that your other pokemon can shine. Feel free to message me if you want to talk about things in further depth!

Always good to see new players! First you need to know that playing smogon,YOU NEED TO HAVE A POKEMON PUT/REMOVE HAZARDS (stealth rocks, spikes, toxic spikes).

First let's see Azumarill's:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry / Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum / Super Power
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Belly Drum set it's ok, but there's a reason why standard Belly Drum sets have no Ice Punch, simply because you will deal more damage with waterfall in more scenarios due to stab and water/fairy good coverage. If you still not comfortable having only to types move types, i would recommend superpower instead of ice punch, but keep in mind that waterfall is better. About the non Belly Drum set, Choice Band is the way to go. With Expert Belt / Life Orb, you wont be getting the knockouts you should and you'll be punished for this,specially because Azu is slow and Life Orb will be consuming its life round after round.

I'll skeep Leafeon cause i never saw something like that, but is funny and interesting

Now, Joltoen:

Jolteon @ Air Balloon
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

First tip based on this, is that you should always define what your pokemon need. If this is your special sweeper, just take this roar off and add Hidden Power Ice instead. In this case, life orb for sure

Now Glsicor:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Aqua Tail

As i said earlier about rocks, you need them, or at least need a way to remove them. I'll change gliscor set to roost, defog, toxic and earhtquake.

For Chandelure:

Chandelure @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 Def / 188 SpA / 120 SpD / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Will-O-Wisp
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Using Will-O-Wisp, you would be getting more value of hex instead of shadow ball. But scarf with trick would be 10x better. It would help you with speed control Trick would be amazing to braeak stall teams.

With your current sets, Gliscor and Chandelure are trying do to many different things, but they end doing nothing well

Im really curious about Leafeon, maybe ill try out lol

Jeong

Banned deucer.
It would be nice if you put the format and thus make it easier to help.

By the way, in case it is 'OU', I would make BD Azu with 164 EV's in speed for Skarmory, for example. There are even crazier options, like Jolly + Double Edge with 188 (HP Fire) or 192 speed for Mega-Venusaur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)