Yet another discussion of MixCario

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uh, why not? It's my Smogon too, and if you didn't want people to post critical of a set you shouldn't have posted the set. I agree with Lee here; he really shouldn't be mixed.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so lemme get your argument straight. Close combat is to OHKO Blissey, since you want to "kill her, not scare her". First, no Blissey is switching into any Lucario, and second Aura Sphere is a 2HKO. Of course Blissey won't "die" to a 2hko. Nope. Blissey can DEFINITELY wall something that 2HKOs her. Uh-huh. so with the main argument for the "mostly-special" part out of the way, let's go to the physical one.

HP Ice for Gliscor isn't a terrible idea, but that's hardly something so revolutionary we all need to come down from the stands cheering and body-surf you out of the stadium. Adding in that Gliscor won't switch in until after you've Swords Danced and thus pose an actual threat to him since he fears HP Ice and the idea starts to sound pretty... meh.

I've seen "MixCario" for months now, and it sucks. I don't understand why there's some absolute need for you to "have your own set". I went down that road once, man. It's not pretty.

Question: did you read the OP where I asked you not to flame me? Your opinion is fine, but don't go around saying I'm a dumbshit because you disagree. In fact, your argument communicates to me you didn't read the OP at all.

Phox, Grow up. If you can't handle the way people talk to you, then gtfo. Don't whine and demand their respect, show them why you deserve it.

Also, there's nothing revolutionary here that warrants discussion. You either run standard SD Luke with CC, ExtremeSpeed, Swords Dance, and HP ice over bullet punch or crunch, or you run a Special luke with the ability to ohko Blissey. Not sure why you'd run the latter, since Blissey isn't a safe switch into Specs Luke anyway. The first set is the most dangerous because boosted Close Combats and Extreme Speed KO most everything. The only guys that can wall it are ghosts, Cresselia, Celebi, and Gliscor. Hp Ice is just an out to Gliscor, you will do the majority of your sweeping with boosted Close Combat/Extreme Speed.

Yeah really, no need to get all defensive about this set. You're welcome to use this set on your own, but when you post it here expect people to make comments. Not all of them will be kind. Show us all why this is good enough for others to use.

I understand where you're going with a Mix-ape like set, but the reason Infernape doesn't just go all-special is because it doesn't have powerful, reliable fighting STAB like Lucario does with Aura Sphere. Lucario just doesn't have enough speed or attacking stats to use a mixed set- without agility, it's too slow to have the ev spread bring its attack to great levels.

As far as I'm concerned the reason for a mixed set is to beat walls that would, well, wall you if you were only physical or special. I don't understand how this is an improvement on Specsluke, who takes care of Blissey anyway. It only dies quicker (with LO).

No need for stone edge on the first set- Close Combat and Shadow Ball constitute your main moves. I would actually run Extremespeed because when you predict correctly and HP Ice the incoming Garchomp, it survives and counters you before you can hit back. If anything, I would use Hp electric over Hp Ice if you're not using stone edge. I would actually use it over HP fire because it deals with skarmory similarly as well. Not to mention other water types. On the first set, I would suggest running less attack in favor of higher special attack. You already KO blissey, Cresselia is going to be tough to get around when you do less than 47% minimum.

I'm not demanding anybody's respect, I'm asking that you don't just flame me. If your opinion is that you don't like the set then that's fine, but if you actually read his first post (or better yet the old thread, which had like 5 pages of that) then you'd notice that he said (or implied) "mixcario is a stupid retarded name", "this is a dumb idea", and "you're an idiot". Is it particularly wrong for me to ask that someone abide by the rules while discussing?

To say an idea is dumb isn't an attack on a person. If that person goes on to take offense and takes it personally, then it becomes fairer to say, "You're an idiot."

To repeat, AGAIN, because this has gone on multiple times in multiple threads now: "Things don't become mixed because they CAN, things become mixed because it gives them more power, better coverage, or lets them beat certain threats."

So tell us exactly why you're going mixed and why it should be a whole new set, since Special Lucario can already scare off some of the most effective special walls and Physical Lucario with Swords Dance does similar things.

HP Ice on Gliscor doesn't constitute a new set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)