Challenge Yoshilocke

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Yoshilocke is a variant of Nuzlocke created by me, Yoshizilla315. It's a Nuzlocke based on the usage of Pokemon only from the previous generation you're in. For example, in Pokemon Sun and Moon, you are only allowed to catch Pokemon from generation 6 and before.

Rules:
1. You are only allowed to catch the first Pokemon you find on each route. (Static encounters are allowed to be used, regardless if you already caught a Pokemon in that area.)

2. Once a Pokemom faints, it can never be used again and must be boxed or released.

3. You must nickname all Pokemon.

4. You are only allowed to catch Pokemon from previous generations.

5. You are allowed to use your starter until you get to a point where you can catch a Pokemon from the previous generation. (You can't catch any Pokemon up until that point, though!)

6. If you absolutely must catch a native Pokemon for any reason, you are allowed to catch it and use it until you are able to box it.

7. Once you white out, it's game over.

Additional Ideas

Suggested by WarioMasters: Pick your starter by the last digit of your Trainer ID number. 0-2 for Grass, 3-6 for Fire, and 7-9 for Water.

Things to Consider

You could also add item and Pokemon Center restrictions if you would like. Also, this challenge cannot work with the following games: Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Black, and White. If there are any other games it doesn't work with, or any games on that list it could work with, please notify me.

Alolan forms count as generation one. You're first encounter must be a Pokemon from past generations, so if your first encounter is a newer one, you are allowed to continue to search for an older one.

Also note that evolved forms that spawn from a previous generation like Crobat are usable, so you can use Pokemon like Crobat and Blissey in Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Conclusion

If there is a rule you'd like to add, comment it! I'd like to get as much feedback as possible!

Have fun with the Yoshilocke challenge!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)