ORAS UU "You don't even play uu lol" (Dr)Reuniclus Bulky Offense (Top 5)

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
✮(Dr)Reuniclus Bulky Offense✮
Hi this is my first uu RMT and RMT in general! It has been a little over a year since I've joined smogon and the pokemon showdown community as well, so I thought that I might as well do an RMT of one of my "most recent" teams I've made, which was about 2/3 months ago. Its not really that innovative with dank meme sets since I really just made it for my r1 in the uu open before I dropped out because of school, but I like it and it has been successful for me in other matches, so I guess I'm putting it up. It originally peaked at 3 then I left for a few days and got back to 5 so here's this picture. Also for all of you wondering, no this doesn't mean I'm back for smogon, I should still be focusing on not failing college. Also, don't be too mean on this rmt, I'm new. :)

✮Teambuilding✮
I started out with the mega I wanted to build around, blastoise, as I honestly loved this thing to death in my balance cores back during xy and used him on some of my best teams back then and considering all the teams that use hazard stack in uu currently, a spinner isn't that bad to have.
I wanted some kind of grass switch in that could still keep offensive momentum with the right prediction and I also wanted something that could get a free switch if a florges goes it, so I thought entei would make a great choice for this, especially since blastoise is able to keep down rocks for it to not take hazard damage when it comes in.
To complete my fire water grass core, I chose shaymin, one of my favorite grass types. I preferred it over things like roserade and chesnaught due to the fact that it can still keep offensive momentum while also providing support to my two other pokemon by healing them with healing wish as I didn't plan on having a dedicated cleric on the team and both of these other pokemon get warn down easily. Also, its so much cuter than any of the other choices that I couldn't switch it.
I decided that I should have something to stop fighting spam, help beat stall and generally tank some hits, so what other than everyone's favorite uu pokemon, reuniclus! I also decided to provide reuniclus with a "secret weapon" that catches a lot of people off guard as their reuniclus check is dead, while reuniclus still has a decent amount of health.
I then decided I wanted something to tank hydreigon, general dark moves and predicted u-turns from mega beedrill and other momentum grabbers, so I decided why not cobalion, especially since I hadn't put something with rocks on the team yet. I also chose cobalion as it can help handle things like porygon2 and snorlax, while still outspeed lucario, krookodile, etc.
I ended up thinking originally that reuniclus wasn't going to cut it for a fighting type resist so I added doublade to help with the fighting types and such, but I found chandelure to be a real burden for the team after that so I switched it to...
Hydreigon as this helps complete basically a dual core team that functions really well with one another. Hydreigon is a switch in to a multitude of elemental attacks, especially when I'm not 100% sure what type the opponent will go for, and psychic type attacks. It also deals with bulky psychic types generally, such as slowking and reuniclus "relatively" well.

✮Dank Sets n' Memes✮

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite

Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Scald

- Dark Pulse

- Ice Beam

Its basically just the common blastoise set nothing really that unique here. Its main job is to keep all the hazards off the field with rapid spin. I choose scald over hydro pump and water pulse because who wouldn't use scald, free burns, lol! Dark pulse helps with allowing me to have more coverage and hit almost anything in the metagame neutral and it helps deal with reuniclus and slowking before they have set up respectively. Ice beam helps so much more than most people think it does over aura sphere, as it allows me to hit things from grass types who get cocky and think they can set up spikes on a switch out and dragons including hydreigon and salamence as blastoise from full has a chance to live basically anything they can throw at it aside from like a +1 outrage from mence and do major damage, or kill in mence's case. The speed is to outspeed things such as machamp, gligar and other mid speed mons who can otherwise confuse blastoise before he can attack or get up rocks respectively.

Entei @ Choice Band

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Sacred Fire

- Flare Blitz

- Extreme Speed

- Stone Edge

Entei is also just the common set, with sacred fire being the most common and spammable moves as, again, who doesn't like burns? Flare Blitz is for when sacred fire's pp runs low due to pressure or just it being wasted on protects and it is for those times when you need a little extra damage so you can be able too 2hko the opponent, which happens more often than not (It also has the perk that it doesn't miss!). Extreme Speed is extremely useful really good as it helps revenge kill off weakened pokemon especially when hydreigon can't do it himself. Finally, there is Stone Edge, which helps to hit chandelure on the switch and it also crits stuff which is all you need in pokemon.

Shaymin @ Life Orb

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Seed Flare

- Dazzling Gleam

- Earth Power

- Healing Wish

Shaymin's set consists of the common life orb and seed flare, which allow it take down most bulky waters, however I decided to forgo the psychic/air slash coverage slot to fit both a dazzling gleam and earth power coverage combination, which I feel allows shaymin to hit more things easier compared to using either psychic or air slash. Sure, you might be thinking that you are missing out on hitting roserade/crobat, but being able to hit fire types and steels with earth power and dragons with dazzling gleam really narrows down what can switch into shaymin and allows you to make much easier doubles when your opponent does have a switch in such as the two mentioned earlier and you can always just hit crobat with earth power on a roost. Finally, shaymin has healing wish, which is fairly useful for this team considering I don't really have a cleric and often blastoise can get worn down from switching in due to hazard damage, and also saving something late game with healing wish can be game changing.

Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Calm Mind

- Psyshock

- Focus Blast

- Recover

Reuniclus has recently finally gotten the love it has deserved in oras, being one of the dankest mons to ever grace uu. This is mostly a standard reuniclus set, which is very good in the current meta already, however; what puts this specific reuniclus over the top is the colbur berry. This colbur berry allows reuniclus to basically become a check to many of the mons that cause trouble for it, including hydreigon, krookodile and even sharpedo as it can tank any dark move they throw at it and (hopefully) hit a focus blast. It also alleviates a lot of the pressure on fighting types if they are going to hit knock off as the berry will soften the damage for a mis-predict. Also, the 0 attack IVs are in case of foul play. I really would say that this reuniclus set is the crux of the team and has gotten many useful kills off of unprepared opponents.

Cobalion @ Leftovers

Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- Iron Head

Cobalion is my hazard setter for the team and also works as a nice pivot when facing dark moves. He also takes on normal types such as porygon2 and snorlax very well. His moveset consists of the common close combat and iron head, which feature as nice stabs, however, instead of running volt switch as a possible pivot move, I am running stone edge, as it is a very reliable coverage move. It allows cobalion to hit common switchins including chandelure, crobat, salamence and many other fire and flying types and surprise them as most don't expect cobalion to be running this move on three attacks with rocks. I choose lefties over a shuca berry mostly because I enjoy the recovery that it brings back, over what I feel shuca could give me.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Dark Pulse

- Fire Blast

- U-turn

Hydreigon is my revenge killer for the team. It runs its common choice scarf set with the standard maximum spa and speed. Draco hits anything hard that doesn't resist it and even most things that do. Dark pulse flinches stuff, which is nice, but it is also a very nice stab to have on the team. Fire blast allows for hydreigon to hit things that normally switch into it including whimsicott and cobalion. Finally u-turn keeps momentum on basically anything that hydreigon cannot normally touch anyways like florges and blissey.

✮Threats✮
Heracross is probably the number 1 threat to this team as if you are switched into either blastoise or locked into something with hydreigon you are playing a game of 50/50s with this thing by either switching into reuniclus or cobalion and even then,especially if it is not choiced, you can still be in a world of trouble
Slowking is a great pivot vs both of the teams physical attackers, so if it manages to get up enough CMs it can be pretty hard to take down.
Nasty Plot Infernape can decimate this team if you allow it to get set up, especially after entei goes down so you can't extreme speed it and it has vaccum wave to take out hydreigon.
Dragon Dance Salamence outspeeds choice scarf hydreigon so allowing it to get to +1 ESPECIALLY after cobalion goes down is not acceptable. Even if cobalion is still up and it gets locked into an outrage, you are expecting a stone edge to hit, and that doesn't happen often.
Lol, surprisingly a well played galvantula just destroys this team. Good thing there aren't many well played galvantulas.

✮Replays✮
Replays to come. :)

✮Shoutouts✮
Biggest shoutout goes to my mom. I love you! Thanks for helping pay for college so I can sit on a pokemon sim and procrastinate studying and make RMTs instead. Shoutout to people I think are cool, I'll start naming until I get tired: YABO dodmen Colbrushie NV dingbat sniperaim Bud Hertz Shiba Mahmudkipz Killintime Tipsy Russian Sacri' Waiv iWanka DaSpoofy Christo The Gr8 gobosox Hairy Toenail kyla-kylls LeoLancaster Hogg hilarious Vapo DatLatias Dad's Dad SmashBrosBrawl So Dynamic thyme time Arifeen Cyndequil. anto Megazard Freeroamer Natural Talent gasquakee thecrystalonix Ice Tea Thisbemyalt Irraquated
Gotta give a special shoutout though to the inspiration of the name: R0ady, thanks for telling me this everyday for like a year. Also, happy late birthday King UU! Another also, special shout out to Pak for basically inspiring me to do this with his rmt which you can check out here: http://users.smogon.com/forums/threads/tang-lax-balance.3551013/
I'm sorry if I gave you a shoutout and you didn't want one. I'll take you off the list and apologize to you one day. I'm also sorry if I didn't give you a shoutout and you deserved one, It is 5 am and I'm ready to be done with this. Also shout out to the entire uu pokemon showdown room. Although you may be one of the most cancerous places I have ever been, I wouldn't have it any other way.

✮Importable✮

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dank formatting bro. Also, a well played galvantula dumpsters a lot of teams, I just can never be bothered to use it. For changes I would suggest Florges over Shaymin and then Taunt Roost Hydrei instead of Scarf. This changes helps versus everything on your threat list while only really hurting your suicune matchup, hence the hydreigon change. LO Hydrei also does better versus nidos, ohkoing shitty 216 speed variants iirc. I think CM Florges is preferable here but Wish could be used if you think keeping entei healthy will help more versus other florges. That's about all I've got and welcome back buddy :]

Last edited:
Congratulations on the peak! I have some tweaks that you can try implementing to patch up the threats that you mentioned this team being especially weak too,

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish

Fits better here instead of Life Orb, because it gives you a more solid method of dealing with +1/+1 Feraligatr and gives you an additional cleaner.
It also lets you get off a clutch Healing Wish late game with its blazing speed if need be!

Shaymin @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Nasty Plot/Calm Mind
- Slack Off

This does almost the same thing as that particular Reuniclus set does, while also checking Infernape solidly. Admittedly it does a little worse versus Suicune because of the inevitable Scald burn, but in a 1 vs 1 situation it'll still beat it.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Checks Heracross/Galvantula/Salamence and gives your team something to fall back upon when seeing these threats in team preview. I suggested Calm Mind instead of the Wish/Protect set to give you an extra win condition,and something to lure stuff like Doublade, so that you can double to MStoise or Entei and fire off a few powerful attacks.

Another suggestion is maybe running Shuca Cobalion,to give yourself a one time switch in to Mamoswine.

Summary:-
Scarf Shaymin>LO Shaymin
NP or CM Slowking>CM Reuniclus
CM Florges>Hydreigon
Shuca Cobalion>Leftovers Cobalion(?)

Hope this helped!

Last edited:
I beat this team on the ladder, I'm Bow To Pelipper. It's a very cool team. I do however feel you struggle a bit with special attackers. Slowking is definitely an ideal partner instead of reuniclus. I also see scarf Shao as an issue. Scarf Mence may also be a problem. That's where florges comes in. shuca Coballion could help with nido's and mamoswine, who also threaten your team greatly.

DrReuniclus

Yeah, I'm probably going to try out florges over shaymin soon as it seems like it fixes a lot of problems that I've been having with fighting types and I'll also probably try out YABO's suggestion with the taunt hydra too. I'll probably do it when I'm on more than 3 hours of sleep in two days and less than 3 midterms in a week (lol college sucks!) and sorry if I seem all over the place here. The big problem I have over switching to cm slowking is that it loses its ruse in hitting dark types super effectively which is what the point of reuniclus was with focus blast. I could try 3 attacks nasty plot with colbur and ice beam which allows me to hit most dark types super effectively with that coverage so I might try that as well. I'm also not real enough to be running scarf shaymin, again, I'm too bad at pokemon. Something I have learned though is that somehow in the 3 months since I orignally made this team a pokemon meta has changed! What a surprise! Also congrats on beating the team on ladder gig25! I'm really bad at pokemon, so I build teams that lose a lot and you must not be the only one who has beaten the team! Thank you all for rating though I really appreciate it!

DrReuniclus

slowking learns focus blast and can hold a colbur berry, js.

Its not like you actually NEED scald
But scald is the best move in pokemon! I can't just give up free burns! Honestly I just forgot slowking got focus blast because I haven't seen one with it almost ever and felt like I needed to write something in between classes because I hadn't commented on anything on the thread yet. But yeah. I might try out slowking w/ a psyshock focus blast set if I find time, thanks for reminding me it actually gets that.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pretty groovy team m8! Good job on the peak! I agree with YABO's suggestion of stallbreaker Hydreigon over Scarf, since it helps greatly with shit like Slowking and Cress which can give you a hard time. As it stands your team relies pretty heavily on Shaymin and Blastoise to wear down fat things so being able to shut them down takes a lot of pressure off your main wallbreakers. That is really helpful since your only cleric support is Healing Wish, which won't necessarily save you all the time. I'd also recommend that you run 64 Speed on Blastoise. It's situational and kind of a tiny nitpick, but the small sacrifice in HP is definitely worth outpacing other bulky things, to avoid taking hits that you don't have to. Aside from thoselittle things the team looks pretty gr8. GJ n_n

Last edited:

DrReuniclus

Pretty groovy team m8! Good job on the peak! I agree with YABO's suggestion of stallbreaker Hydreigon over Scarf, since it helps greatly with shit like Slowking and Cress whuch can give you a hard time. As it stands your team relies pretty heavily on Shaymin and Blastoise to wear down fat things so being able to shut them down takes a lot of pressure off your main wallbreakers, which is really nice since your only cleric support is Healing Wish, which won't necessarily save you all the time. I'd also recommend that you run 64 Speed on Blastoise. It's situational and kind of a tiny nitpick but the small sacrifice in HP is definitely worth outpacing other bulky things, to avoid taking hits that you don't have to. Aside from this little things the team looks pretty gr8. GJ n_n
Thanks fam, I actually had speed on Blastoise, but I forgot to add it on the RMT. I'll make the change soon.

Reactions: ehT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)