Young Power, Strong Power [Peaked #4]

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Introduction:

Hello fellow smogonites, today im posting my first LC rmt because I am new to LC in generall, and also this team has been serving me well as this day is actually my first day playing LC ever, and lol I managed to peak #4 with my first ever LC team made. But enough blabbering about that, why im actually posting this is to improve my team, hear from the community what they think and tell me how to improve as I find LC as an fun tier, and as everyone else I want to get better. So lets start off with the team and I hope you guys will enjoy reading it ! :toast:

The Team At a Glance​

Peak:​

The Team In Detail​

Archen @ Defeatist
EVs: 240 Atk | 240 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, SAtk)
Acrobatics | Head Smash | Earthquake | Roost

Archen the MVP off the team, the mon it is builded around. This guy just hits so hard 2HKO most off the tier, it is so underrated due to defeatist, but he has access to Roost which means he can now heal up, and its often very easy to pull off an Roost against something he can scare out, or that cant do a damn thing to him. Flying Gem Acrobatics hits so insanely hard its not even funny, Head Smash hits just about as hard as Acro does and still hits like truck even whit Defeatist. Earthquake rounds off for excellent coverage and Roost for obvious reasons.

_________________________________​

Staryu @ Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP | 200 SAtk | 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Hydro Pump | Thunderbolt | Rapid Spin | Recover

So here is Staryu the teams spinner, to keep Archen as healthy as possible a rapid spinner is really needed. Staryu is by far the best rapid spinner in this tier, due to having excellent coverage and great bulk with eviolite, also when having Recover this thing is a pain in the ass to face. But Staryu doesnt only work as an spinner and hard hitter, it also works as an status absorber which is great.

Wooper @ Unaware
EVs: 236 HP | 76 Atk | 156 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
Waterfall | Earthquake | Toxic | Recover

As set up mons can be a pain sometimes and I also saw an huge weakness to Chinchou, Wooper kinda fixes this, but it is not an full Chinchou counter due to me having Unaware as his ability. Wooper works just as his big brother, Toxic stalls things, annoys set up sweepers and works as my physically defensive wall, when also hitting decent with his great dual STAB's. Wooper is also an great lure for grass types, meaning I can pull off some nice doubble switches to Archen that is going to demolish the incoming, and unlucky pokemon.

Bronzor @ Levitate
EVs: 220 HP | 4 Atk | 68 Def | 4 SAtk | 148 Spd | 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SAtk)
Earthquake | Flash Cannon | Stealth Rock | Hypnosis

Bronzor is probably the best Stealth Rock setter in the tier, it has an great typing and an great ability, which means hes only weak to fire which my team handles nicely, with epic bulk this little "coin" lol, can run hypnosis effectively to shut down an opposing threath which is always nice letting me having an easier time hitting the oppsing team hard. Earthquake to hit those pesky electric types, but also lets me hit Rock/Steel types, Flash Cannon is also a nice STAB move to have, and when getting that sweet SpD fell on opposing pokemon, letting me force them out, and can sometimes give me the momentum.

Misdreavus @ Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk | 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Shadow Ball | Hidden Power [Fighting] | Nasty Plot | Will-O-Wisp

Misdreavus damn this ghost is so good, with great coverage and awesome bulk, it just wrecks havoc sometimes when it can pull off an Nast lot. Shadow Ball hits the most off the tier very hard, and HP Fighting rounds off the coverage as Shadow Ball cant hit normal types. Also im using WoW over Thunderbolt because I now can cripple strong attackers like Mienfoo, and Misdreavus really dont need more coverage as Shadow Ball and HP Fighting has good enough coverage.

Mienfoo @ Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk | 36 Def | 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Hi Jump Kick | Fake out | Stone Edge | U-Turn

Here is my wallbreaker and momentum abuser Mienfoo, god this thing is good, and people are not lying when they are saying this is maby one off the best pokemon in the tier. His Hi Jump Kick hits so incredibly hard, based with Fake Out and Stone Edge it has great coverage and nice priority. With all those moves and that power armed with great speed and Regenerator, Life Orb serves him well letting him hit a lot harder than the eviolite versions.

Some Closing Words:

So that was my first LC team ever, im fairly happy with it doing so well to be my first team, but it does have some weaknesses but anyway that was all I got for you guys, hope you enjoyed if you did leave a luvdisc if you want too, and have a nice day ! :heart:

Importable:
Archen @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defeatist
Level: 5
EVs: 240 Atk / 240 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Roost

Staryu @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Wooper (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 4 SAtk / 68 Def / 148 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon
- Hypnosis

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-O-Wisp

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 Def
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hiya Brostime. Like we talked on IRC I'll tackle at rating this team.

Right off the bat I notice that you are very weak to Scraggy, Murkrow, and Chinchou. If Wooper goes down (shouldn't be too hard without you having Heal Bell support) Scraggy can easily set up a Dragon Dance on your Bronzor, Staryu, and Misdreavus and start doing major damage to your team. The thing I really don't like about Offensive LO Mienfoo is that it cannot tank a +1 Scraggy as is forced to rely on Fake Out damage. While you might get away with this, after Faking Out you have to switch out and fodder off something else. With Drain Punch factored in the damage from Fake Out might not even be enough for you to beat it. To help you beat this I would recommend Bulky Mienfoo as it provides an incredibly useful niche at tanking Scraggy and Knocking off opponent's Eviolites, which can be useful when you try to pull of a NP Missy sweep.

Life Orb Murkrow also does quite a number on your team and not even your Bronzor can do much about it due to Krow using Heat Wave which is a certain kill against your set after Brave Bird. Without changing your team you can use an Eviolite Roost Archen to give you a useful check to Murkrow as well as provide SR. With the slot of Stealth Rock taken up you are free to switch Bronzor over to a Defensive Lileep as it provides you with a way to deal with Chinchou while giving you another check to Murkrow as well as still beating Drilbur.

With both Scraggy and Chinchou taken care of you can replace Wooper for a Larvesta to have a Fire/Water/Grass core, a secondary check/counter to Mienfoo, a way to deal with Bronzor, and a switch into Snover. The X4 Rock-type weakness isn't too big of a deal when your team already has Staryu to Rapid Spin. That's another thing, since your team with these changes are considerably bulkier you can run a bulkier Staryu set, but this is optional. I'll mention a different spread that you can use for Misdreavus as well that will also be optional.

Bulky Mienfoo > Offensive Mienfoo
Eviolite Archen > Acrobatics Archen
Lileep > Bronzor
Larvesta > Wooper
Staryu => Bulkier set (optional)
Misdreavus => Bulkier spread (optional)

Mienfoo (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Since this is your main/only true counter to Scraggy, I changed the one point of Speed over to HP to help it tank hits a bit better. Without the extra Speed it's now outpaced by Standard Mienfoo meaning you can get off a U-turn after it and get the switch advantage one-on-one against it all the time.

Archen (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge

Acrobatics is chosen over Pluck because more Pokemon use Knock Off than Oran Berry. If you ever switch into a Croagunk or Mienfoo Knock Off your Acrobatics's power will be double, which is nice. Acro's 55 BP and Pluck's 60 BP give out the same damage output anyways.

Lileep (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 148 HP / 220 Def / 28 SpA / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic
- AncientPower

This set is considerably more physically defensive than the one on site and the extra defensive helps out tremendously against Drilbur. With the extra slot for Ancient Power this also make another great check to Murkrow.

Larvesta (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 76 Def / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Optional

Staryu @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 196 HP / 36 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

With this set Staryu becomes much bulkier than before and uses Psychic to hit unsuspecting Croagunk, Foongus, and Mienfoo very hard. Scald is great for the burns it can get and makes Staryu an ok check to Murkrow. (you can never have enough)

Misdreavus (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 160 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This set loses a point of SpA for a point in both HP and Def making it stand better against Mienfoo. The 1 point lost from SpA actually doesn't make much, if any, difference at all when attacking. Misdreavus will still get the same damage variations, which is why I wanted to mention this set.

Good luck with the team!

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thank you for the rating Ebeast !
Well your changes seems very good as you mentioned Scraggy and Murkrow as weaknesses, is now pretty well covered up, the defensive Staryu set seems pretty nice letting it get more spins off, also lets it have an easier time spinning too which is pretty great. So once again thank you for the rate, and ill be sure to try them out ! :toast:

I would switch Wooper's nature to Relaxed, and switch Waterfall to Scald. Scald has a chance to burn, which is great for crippling physical attackers.

Hey BROStime nice LC team you have here also grats on the peak.

This team is quite solid especially seeing as it is your first Little Cup team however as you probally already know your team has some flaws. Ebeast pointed out your Scraggy, Murkrow and Chinchou weakness and i would have to agree with him. Scraggy can get a free Dragon Dance on Staryu or Bronzor after Sleep Clause is activated from here Scraggy outspeeds your whole team and can continue to pick up Moxie boosts every time it takes a pokemon down. If Wooper is weakend which is highly likely given how prone to Toxic he is Scraggy can go on to dish out a lot of damage to your team. LO Murkrow is known for being able to pretty much 2hko any pokemon in Little Cup with good prediction. Seeing as your team lacks a Choice Scarf user or a lot of priority attacks it will be hard to pick off Murkrow while it can keep dealing massive damage with Brave Bird/Heat Wave/Hidden Power [Grass]/Dark-type move. A Choice Scarf Chinchou can outspeed your whole team, and do massive damage with just its two stabs being able to hit Staryu and Archen super effectively, while smashing Mienfoo as well seeing as it is not bulky enough to take a hit, and even if it surivives Choice Scarf Chinchou does outspeed.

Ebeast suggested some great changes to help you with the mentoined threats but a much simpler method would be simply using a Choice Scarf Mienfoo>LO Mienfoo Your team really apprecitiates the speed that Choice Scarf Mienfoo brings to the table. For one Choice Scarf Mienfoo provides your team with a great revenge killer who can also outspeed +1 Scraggy and ohko it 100% of the time with Hi Jump Kick(HJK). This makes Choice Scarf Mienfoo a huge asset to your team given how dangerous Scraggy can be for this team. He can also outspeed Life Orb Murkrow and seeing as this set is very underused your opponent most of the time won't even think about switching Murkrow out, so then you can outspeed and get a suprise Ko with Stone Edge. Although you can't outspeed Choice Scaf varaints of Murkrow your team has a much easier time handeling these because when they lock themselves into Brave Bird Archen or Bronzor can come in and threaten Murkrow. Also with a Choice Scarf on Mienfoo Choice Scarf Chinchou can't outspeed your whole team and can be picked of with HJK if it is worn down a bit. Without Life Orb Mienfoo you do miss out on some power, but Choice Scarf Mienfoo is already powerful enough and can revenge kill key threats to your team. Also with no Life Orb recoil builiding up and a very fast U-turn Choice Scarf Mienfoo live very long on the battle field so it can continously come back in the battle to check threatening pokemon.

If you still feel your team is weak to Chinchou then you can always use Water Absorb>Unaware on Wooper. Recovering Hp on your opponents Water-type moves is a huge bonus for Wooper and it lets it take on Chinchou more reliably. With Choice Scarf Mienfoo eliminating set up sweepers like Scraggy you don't need Unaware as much anymore, where as Water Absorb will help your team a lot against Chinchou and Staryu.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf | Regenerator
Adamant | 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
HJK | U-turn | Knock Off | Stone Edge

Tl;dr
Mienfoo
.Choice Scarf Set--->LO Set

Wooper
.Water Absorb--->Unaware

~Superpowerdude

Not a bad team but a few small changes I personally would make. Eviolite over flying gem and aerial ace or pluck over acrobatics is a good way to give archen good survivability while only sacrificing a little raw power. Unfortunately for your staryu, he can't legally use hydro pump in LC as far as I know. Surf, scald, and ice beam (for boltbeam coverage) would be optimal replacements. The same goes for hypnosis on bronzor and mienfoo's high jump kick and fake out. Also I recommend changing bronzor's nature to relaxed?(-Spe,+Def) or sassy(-Spe, +SpD). That way way you get a little more flash cannon fire power at the cost of his useless speed.

Summary
Archen: Flying gem -> Eviolite
Staryu: Hydro pump -> Surf/Scald/Ice beam
Bronzor: Hypnosis -> Toxic/Psychic Relaxed -> Speed reducing nature
Mienfoo: Improvise

Not a bad team but a few small changes I personally would make. Eviolite over flying gem and aerial ace or pluck over acrobatics is a good way to give archen good survivability while only sacrificing a little raw power. Unfortunately for your staryu, he can't legally use hydro pump in LC as far as I know. Surf, scald, and ice beam (for boltbeam coverage) would be optimal replacements. The same goes for hypnosis on bronzor and mienfoo's high jump kick and fake out. Also I recommend changing bronzor's nature to relaxed?(-Spe,+Def) or sassy(-Spe, +SpD). That way way you get a little more flash cannon fire power at the cost of his useless speed.

Summary
Archen: Flying gem -> Eviolite
Staryu: Hydro pump -> Surf/Scald/Ice beam
Bronzor: Hypnosis -> Toxic/Psychic Relaxed -> Speed reducing nature
Mienfoo: Improvise

Flying Gem Acrobatics hits 160 BP and, afterwards, has 110 BP without it iirc. Aerial Ace and Pluck are just bad. Staryu CAN use Hydro Pump legally. However, your suggestion of a different nature is a good one.

Concerning Archen, I would trade Head Smash for Stone Edge because of the recoil, which can easily put Archen into Defeatist range and thus forcing you to Roost more often, which can be a pain. Otherwise, good team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)