Your Favorite Theme Music (Any Pokemon game)

Pokemon has had some really great theme music over the years, and some not so great.

Which is/are the most memorable to you? Why?

Try to provide a link to the theme if someone hasn't already (most can easily be found on youtube). Also, embedding would be preferred since the thread will load faster for all users.

The original Lavender Town theme (R/G/B/Y).
From the first time I exited the rock tunnel and beat the first few hikers outside in Red, I loved this song. The beta is even better. It sounds eerie in a way the pokemon franchise hasn't gone since, it fits the story perfectly made me anxious when I was a kid. It's also the first time in-game that Pokemon takes a break from being cute and is a little darker.

Pyrite Town (Pokemon Colosseum).
That bass tho. Goes well with the seedy atmosphere of the city, and pretty catchy too. The fact that you have to go back to Pyrite Town so often is made less annoying because of this theme. Colosseum actually has a great OST, can't wait til they make another Orre game.

Giratina's battle theme (Pokemon Platinum).
This one is easy for me. Platinum is among the best in the franchise story-wise imo, and Giratina's battle has a better build-up than any other box legend. The drop in the intro and speed / volume changes really augment the battle. It's unlikely, but if they ever do remake D/P/PT I hope they use the Platinum story or at least bring back this theme.

While many themes from Red and Blue are classics (mainly cause I heard them so many times on my copy of Stadium), but my favorite theme is the Hall of Fame music. It's just so epic and satisfying. It's the perfect music to show that you are the very best, like no one ever was.
Plus, the X and Y version is so epic.

Other themes I love:
Lavender Town
I've always have loved ghosts as far back as I can remember. I have many fond memories of me and my older sister watching ghost shows on TV such as Haunted History and also shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Goosebumps. So it isn't a surprise that not only is my favorite Pokémon is the original Ghost, Gengar, but one of my favorite themes is that of Lavender Town. Also, the original made it sound like your Game Boy's possessed.

Pallet Town
Kanto Route 1
They sum up the fun of starting a new adventure, just you and your Pokémon.

Kanto Gym Leader Theme
This theme always means a good battle! I always loved hearing it in Pokémon Stadium.

Lumoise City
This is my favorite new piece in X and Y. It's just so good that even the bicycle theme can't override it!

Goldenrod City/Bicycle Theme
It's appropriate that the Bicycle theme in the Gen II games (and their Gen IV remakes) is a remix of the theme of the city that you obtain it in. This is without a doubt my favorite bicycle theme (though I can't wait for the remix of Hoenn's in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire).

Kanto Wild Encounter Theme
That initial cue is so damn good. This is the best battle theme I can think of in Pokémon. It's one of the reasons I love Free Battle in Pokémon Stadium.

The Pokémon theme (video game)
There's nothing like booting up an old copy of Red and Blue, is there?

Gym Leader Castle (from Pokémon Stadium)
This them combined with the hellish glow and thick smoke made Gym Leader Castle so intimidating when I was little. Even more so considering how happy/energetic the other themes are in Stadium.

The main reason many new themes aren't in here is very simple: I often play with the volume off as not to disturb my family (though that didn't stop me when I played Ocarina of Time 3D). Many of the older themes are found in Pokémon Stadium (which I've owned since 2000-01), so I've heard those more than any other theme.

Last edited:

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
I listen to way more Pokemon music than is probably healthy, so to keep this post from becoming too bloated I'll go by category.

Best Route Theme: Route 216 - I'm glad Go Ichinose decided to make this theme extra-special, because getting to Snowpoint City could easily be one of the most annoying experiences in the series (doesn't help how painfully slow Gen 4 is). Instead, every extra second spent button mashing out of a snowtrap means more time listening to upbeat wintry jazz. Makes you wonder how many random hikers have frozen to death listening to the background music on this route.

Best City/Town Theme: Lacunosa Town - Honestly I'm not sure I can definitely say I have a favorite city/town theme; there's a lot of good ones. I just think this one sounds particularly catchy, between the bass and the "sharp" kind of sound the piano and guitar(?) have. It's a pretty cozy tune for a town where the inhabitants live in constant fear of being eaten at night...

Best Wild Pokemon Theme: Battle! Wild Pokemon (Unova) - In my opinion, Junichi Masuda makes his best battle themes every odd generation (sorry Gen 2/4/6 fans :P ). I think this theme perfectly captures all the excitement of encountering a wild Pokemon while still having a really catchy melody, which is something I think the even-gen wild battle themes lack.

Best Trainer Theme: Battle! Trainer (Hoenn) - This is another tough choice, because I think all the trainer themes have been at least decent. Hoenn's gets the spotlight here because of the catchy ending (it's at 1:11 in the video) and the way it incorporates motifs from the other Gen 3 battle themes (for example, it shares opening notes with the gym leader theme and the motif at 0:49 shows up in various forms in other themes).

Best Rival Battle Theme: Battle! Silver - From the most hostile rival comes the most serious rival theme (unless you count Blue's champion theme but it's not really a rival theme at that point is it?). The really interesting thing about this theme is how it briefly switches to a major key at 0:41 (maybe hinting at Silver's character development? idk).

Best Gym Leader Theme: Battle! Gym Leader (Kanto) - I think all 4 of the original RBY battle themes have aged really well, but this one stands out to me. I don't think any other gym leader theme has managed to simultaneously evoke "triumphant" and "intimidating" as well as this one (and of course it has an unforgettable melody). Honestly, the only problem I have with this theme is that it's too short :P

Best Elite 4 Theme: Battle! Elite Four (Unova) - All the unique Elite 4 themes have been great, but because I'm shamelessly biased towards Gen 5 music I'm picking this one. The bass ostinato is probably the most memorable aspect of the track, but the clever reference to RSE's E4 theme is also excellent (in fact I feel like it actually fits better in this theme than in the original). It's kinda sad that Gen 5 didn't really have the best Champion themes, but at least you get to hear this theme 4 times before being disappointed.

Best Champion Theme: Battle! Cynthia - The best of Gen 4's sadly somewhat mediocre battle themes, imo. This theme is anything but mediocre, though - it really nails the "intimidating" atmosphere that suits a champion battle. Also I'm pretty sure the beat from this got reused in the BW E4 theme and N's final battle theme, which is interesting. I wonder if Junichi Masuda keeps it on a file somewhere and just pastes it into a battle theme when he needs to.

Best Antagonist Battle Theme: Battle! Colress - Fun fact: this is the only battle theme here that wasn't composed by Junichi Masuda. According to the soundtrack credits, Hitomi Sato composed it and Go Ichinose arranged it, but since this theme is centered around the melody of Colress's encounter theme (which Hitomi Sato definitely made), I'm inclined to believe that Go Ichinose wrote all the weird craziness that happens after the main theme. Regardless, this theme is all over the place (supposedly it reflects Colress's ambiguous character) - it starts out in C# minor with some hints of major, then turns into something that I'm guessing is atonal (still extremely catchy though). Finally it ends on a reprisal of the main theme in C# major that has a sort of bittersweet feel to it - like Colress is some kind of longtime friend who's betraying you. It's a shame he didn't actually get a lot of character development in BW2.

EDIT: Okay, now that I realize most of these things are by Junichi Masuda (since they're mostly battle themes lol), I think I should highlight some nice (and sometimes not so nice) stuff by the other members of the sound team.

Go Ichinose: Basically the Junichi Masuda of non-battle themes not from Gen 1. His music ranges from simple but sweet (Violet City, Slateport City, Nacrene City) to more complicated (Mt. Pyre Exterior, Mt. Coronet, Cynthia's encounter theme). The few battle themes by him include Emerald's Frontier Brain theme, Ho-Oh's theme, the finalist music from the Pokemon World Tournament, and Hugh's theme, which just goes to show how versatile he is.

Hitomi Sato: Only female composer on sound team. Idk how to describe it but her music always sounds quirky somehow (either that or bubbly). She wrote stuff like Route 209, Eterna Forest, Driftveil City, and Black Tower. She also did two battle themes: Platinum's Frontier Brain theme, which I like a lot (even more than the original Frontier Brain theme), and Iris' champion theme, which I would like to like but can't help feel somewhat disappointed in.

Shota Kageyama: Joined sound team in HGSS and left (peacefully) after XY. His most popular stuff seems to be the "emotional" themes like Emotions (well, duh), N's Farewell, Onward to Our Own Futures (BW's credits), An Eternal Prison (that thing that plays during AZ's backstory), and KISEKI (XY's credits). He also did the Kalos Power Plant theme and the music from Super Training, both of which are pretty catchy.

Last edited:
Honestly...it would probably be easier for me to list the theme music I don't like... (staring at you, gen 6 Kanto legendary theme remix with your waiting way too far in to even be able to decipher that's what you even are...)

But, if I'm going to really pick, I'll go with the Beast Trio encounter and Vs. Champion Lance/PKMN Trainer Red. Both the original 8-bit themes and the HG/SS/B2/W2 (in the case of the latter) remixes. Now, in Gold and Silver, the Beast Trio just shared the normal Johto encounter theme. A bit of a bummer, and partly why I was happy that Lati@s and Cresselia at least got the special encounter theme in B2/W2 even if they had to share it with Audino & Friends. Crystal gave the trio their own theme, very helpful in grabbing one's attention to what you've just encountered before going for that Run button. HG/SS amped it up just one more notch by giving Raikou and Entei their own unique style remixes of it while Suicune got the more direct remix of the theme. Of course, their theme was remixed for the gen 3 games and went completely unused for whatever reason...

Most champion themes tend to be pretty good, and while everything to do with battling Cynthia is great...nostalgia wins by a slim margin. Plus the atmosphere of getting to the champion's chamber/the summit of Mt. Silver in how the background music has stopped completely. Something serious is about to go down, and then the theme starts as though this is the most important battle you've faced so far.

I'll give a mention to the Old Chateau's theme for actually feeling very unsettling. (sorry, Lavender Town always felt more sad than scary to me)

Personally, it would have to be the RBY music that plays when one encounters a Pokemon in the wild. I was mesmerized the first time I heard it, and it actually stuck to me because it was so catchy. Considering that you would have to listen to this the entire game, it wasn't so bad, and it's one of the tracks that brings back strong memories. ;)

Catch em' all.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet: Mt. Pyre peak (RSE)
It's been a really long time since I played the story of RSE, but I find this one of the most memorable tunes from the entire series. It's so beautiful and mystifying, and it fits really well with the location, considering it's a rather mystifying place as well. As you reach it at a pivotal point in the storyline, an epic theme has been chosen for an epic moment.

Legendary battle theme (XY)
Can't leave this one out, can we? For Pokemon standards, I found the storyline of XY rather bleh tbqh, but this theme was by far the most memorable moment of it, and imo it's one of the best battle themes in the series.

The next four go together imo:
Mt Coronet peak (DPPt)
Distortion World (Pt)
Cyrus battle theme (DPPt)
Giratina battle theme (Pt)
The story arc from Canalave Library until the capture of Giratina is by far my favourite section from the entire series. The DP version was 'just' excellent, but the addition of the Distortion World in Platinum turned it into an utter masterpiece, and it has the themes to back it up. As everybody who has played Platinum knows, the rat race that starts after hearing the explosion at the library culminates on Mt. Coronet, which probably has the best overworld theme I ever heard (only rivaled by next one). When entering Mt. Coronet, you know you're /this/ close to finally cornering that lunatic Cyrus, and the music perfectly capitalises on that, it's extremely nervous, tense and finalistic, it basically screams 'good luck fella, the final battle's near, I know you're nervous, I would be too'. It's followed (well, almost) directly by the Distortion World, which has been given a perfectly suitable theme song. It's a... strange theme, really, it exudes this world's emptiness and utter strangeness. It's not exactly tense, it's calm really, but it's still quite unnerving, and yet at the same time it's really soothing. (It's also an excellent backing track for running/fitnessing, it really helps for excluding yourself from the world outside and focusing only on your own movements, but w/e). I haven't played many different video game series, but imo these two overworld themes are on par with the Dark World theme from A Link to the Past, which is generally considered not too shabby iirc :)
In its own right, the Cyrus battle theme falls a little short from these, but when considered together with them, it fits in perfectly. It's not explosive, it's a little slow actually, but reaching that final battle is the climax of a long, long process, starting at Canalave Library. You just don't burst into the battle with Cyrus, you've been working towards it for a long time and you've known it was coming for a long time; too long actually, you already had him cornered at Spear Pillar and now you're cornering him again, and when you finally do confront him, it would make no sense to have a 'sudden' battle theme; in fact, the theme kind of struggles to go along, just like you know reaching the battle has been a struggle and the battle itself will be too.
The Giratina theme has already been mentioned in the OP. Storywise, I've always felt the Giratina battle to be somewhat of an afterthought - defeating Cyrus is what you set out for, that has been done, now you 'only' have to capture Giratina - but it's simply one of the coolest battle themes of the entire series. It's really hectic, strange, and distorted, which works perfectly well for the Distortion World's master.

oh, and this one: Kanto gym leader theme (GSC), almost forgot it. Silver was my first Pokemon game ever, and after the league I was completely hyped that there were still eight more gym leaders to come. They also had a highly agitated theme that basically screamed 'brace yourself, shit just got real' so that made them all the more epic to young me :)

There are so many good themes from the series that I can't remember so I'm definitely gonna come back to this thread, but these are the best I can come up with right now.

Last edited:
Great picks guys. I've never heard most of these Gen 5 themes since I wasn't playing that Gen but Lacunosa's sounds pretty cool.

Also. Kanto gym theme > any other region gym theme.

Great picks guys. I've never heard most of these Gen 5 themes since I wasn't playing that Gen but Lacunosa's sounds pretty cool.

Also. Kanto gym theme > any other region gym theme.
Much prefer the Johto gym battle theme, though Kanto isn't bad by any means. Kalos...I don't know whether I'm about to battle the gym leader in a Pokemon battle or a dance battle. I don't really feel amped up by it like the others do for me.

Speaking of gyms, who else enjoyed the unique touches to the gym background theme for each gym leader in B2/W2? Opelucid City's gym felt really grand and epic with its theme whereas Humilau City's felt surprisingly laid back for the final gym. I'd kind of like for that to return at some point in all honesty.

I'm a nostalgic person myself, I tend to stick with themes from the past since the past made pokemon so awesome.

Just like the rest of the people, I did love the

Of course very controversial Lavender Town (Original RGBY) theme, it seems really fitting for a halloween themed event of some sort. The eerie vibe, and the story of White hand just further facilitated how my attention was drawn to it. Which eventually it (white hand) was also adapted in Pokemon Origins. :D

I also enjoyed the Original GSC Surf Theme as it gives emphasis on how surf was meant to be enjoyed with a Lapras, and how relaxing it sounds (the best experience would probably be departing for cianwood city on a sunset) even though the seas of Johto are teeming with wild Tentacool and trainers.

Lastly I love the Kanto Wild pokemon battle theme (Both GSC version and Emerald's/ Mew's theme) since it incorporated Kanto into other games creating a link among them, giving sense to how pokemon regions seems connected despite varying cultures and distant geographical placements.

I never understood the hype behind Lavender Town, but then again I never reached that town in Gold after a few years of owning it. I only got to watch my friends walk around in that town in the original RBY. I think most of the 'feels' people are getting are from the ideas behind the Pokémon Tower; Ghosts and that dead Marowak and Creepypasta. I've listened to the music itself and it seems incredibly more depressing than scary to me. It's probably because around that time I've played a few other games that have deserted and ruined towns where the music is just as dreadful, like Golden Sun. The remastered version in HGSS isn't that bad; it's really nostalgic and beautiful. GF probably couldn't portray music like that through 8-bit back then without making it sound creepy.

I think the most memorable music throughout all the generations of Pokémon has to be the original Gold and Silver Credits. Despite what I just said about 8-bit, this theme is amazing. You've just beaten Lance, who was arguably one of the most difficult trainers to face before the post-game of any generation of Pokémon. Now you are rewarded with energetic and joyous victory music accompanied by dancing Pokémon. I don't know what it is about this theme that makes it so memorable, but it always seems to make everything cheery.

I never understood the hype behind Lavender Town, but then again I never reached that town in Gold after a few years of owning it. I only got to watch my friends walk around in that town in the original RBY. I think most of the 'feels' people are getting are from the ideas behind the Pokémon Tower; Ghosts and that dead Marowak and Creepypasta. I've listened to the music itself and it seems incredibly more depressing than scary to me. It's probably because around that time I've played a few other games that have deserted and ruined towns where the music is just as dreadful, like Golden Sun. The remastered version in HGSS isn't that bad; it's really nostalgic and beautiful. GF probably couldn't portray music like that through 8-bit back then without making it sound creepy.

I think the most memorable music throughout all the generations of Pokémon has to be the original Gold and Silver Credits. Despite what I just said about 8-bit, this theme is amazing. You've just beaten Lance, who was arguably one of the most difficult trainers to face before the post-game of any generation of Pokémon. Now you are rewarded with energetic and joyous victory music accompanied by dancing Pokémon. I don't know what it is about this theme that makes it so memorable, but it always seems to make everything cheery.
iirc, it also plays after you beat Red, THE most difficult trainer in the game outside of the Battle Tower/Frontier. (not helped by the sheer lack of good solid grinding material. Even the E4 rematches kind of peter out the EXP farming before you're all that close to Red's team's levels for it to not be so challenging in HG/SS) But I love hearing the slightly remastered version of the 8-bit tune on Sundays over the radio when I'm between special ball catches.

Dialga's Fight to the Finish was a fantastic track from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, so was Mystery Dungeon's Red/Blue Ending. I really need to replay those games...

Miror B's theme, in both Colosseum and XD, are high up on my list of good music in Pokemon. Also, the ending theme to Colosseum was a fantastic treat to listen to when I finally got around to beating the final boss... five years after I purchased the game. XD

The original Trozei's soundtrack was quite good. My personal favorite was the Phobos Battallion. Vientown's theme in Ranger: Shadows of Almia is also personal favorite. Never played the other two Ranger games but they probably have other good songs in their soundtracks as well.

As for the more mainstream Pokemon games, Route 10 from Black/White is probably my favorite, followed by the Set Sail and Regi battle theme from RSE.

Killua kun

Pkmn/HxH
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Primal dialga is without doubt the best song Pokemon. Since I was a child I hit mystery Dungeon by her beauty and storyline, but with the explorers of Sky, the Battle with dialga with all details improved were epic. I would spend hours to listen to it!

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
While we're on the subject of spinoffs, here's one of the coolest boss themes in the series, coming from a totally unexpected place:

This is probably what secretaries rock out to when no one is looking.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Video game music is pretty much what got me back into playing again after I quit band class in high school, so it's pretty near and dear to me. Soundtracks are my favorite thing to play nowadays, and in fact, the way I found out about most of my favorite anime, video games, films, and shows was by discovering their excellent soundtracks first! I love Pokemon music because it's so good, and it's also pretty simple so it's easy to learn by ear, well...at least the melodies.

Here are a bunch of my favorites, and for the most part I'm putting the most recent versions of each track, as the chiptunes do kind of give me a headache, sorry to say! These are all also pretty much Town and City themes. I didn't intend for it to be that way, but I guess those are the ones that stick out to me and the ones I like. Although X and Y had a decent soundtrack, none of it really stood out to me so I didn't include any of them in this list, just for the fact I couldn't really think of one I thought was really great. I also didn't include spin-offs even though a lot of them had great tracks Maybe I'll make another post with them later.

Olivine City Theme, HGSS remix. This is probably my favorite track out of all the Pokemon soundtracks. It is also the Violet City theme, but I prefer to refer to it as the Olivine City theme because for me this track captures the spirit of Olivine, the coastal city. The music captures the excitement of adventure, as ships come in from far away and others leave to go on their own journeys. I think a lot of people dislike this track but it's my favorite.

There's also a Jazz Arrangement of it that I really like. It's done with saxophone too, my instrument! Too bad I wouldn't know where to get just the backing track.

Blackthorn City Theme is also another one of my favorites. Another peaceful and exciting song, and very nostalgic for me.

This popular guitar cover of the track is really good in my opinion, it starts really peaceful with acoustic guitar, but then transitions to electric with heavy percussion but still manages to keep the same spirit somehow.

Goldenrod City theme was changed in HGSS, it's more of a Jazz and swingy beat but as you can probably guess I really like that. It's a perfect nighttime stroll through the city kind of song.

I love S.S. Aqua and National Park. These two are pretty different, S.S. Aqua is obviously more uptempo and exciting and National Park is slower and more peaceful. I just put them together because they both feature awesome piano in their melodies.

Ho-Oh's Battle Theme and Lugia's Battle Theme are both great. Most people like Ho-Oh's better, and they feel like Lugia's is inconsistent and messy, but personally I love both! I feel like the "inconsistent" melody of Lugia's theme represents the raging storm at sea, it gives a real sense of urgency but has slow moments in between. On the other hand, Ho-Oh's battle takes place on a giant Japanese tower and I get that vibe from the very Asian-sounding melody. The real killer part of this track is the percussion though, it's so good!

I love Fuschia City's music too (aka Cerulean City). The HGSS mix kinda mixed things up and made the main melody piano, so it's actually different enough from the FRLG version to me that I like them separately.

Speaking of FireRed, the champion music is awesome and I had pretty much memorized the entire thing after this experience. It's the only Pokemon track actually on my iPod, come to think of it. I should probably fix that.

I know a lot of the music in Ruby and Sapphire is good, but I never really played it! So I don't really know most of the music, but hopefully when I get ORAS I'll hear some great tracks. The ones that do stick out to me are the champion theme that I found in the World Tournament in White 2, and the legendary Pokemon theme which I really know as the "Groudon Theme" because I heard it in Pokemon Pinball and it was awesome.

In Diamond and Pearl, Sandgem Town Day and Sandgem Town Night have really great music, and Jubilife City has awesome piano.

However, the absolute literal best tracks of these entire games are the Sunyshore City themes, Day and Night. Both are pretty similar, so I can't really decide which one I like better, haha. These both capture the huge sense of adventure just like the Olivine theme does, and it just so happens that both of these are coastal cities...coincidence? I don't think so. This is probably the song that I want to play the most, the one that motivates me to get off my ass and start practicing.

As far as Unova goes, I really like how the soundtrack was really Jazzed up as that is one of my favorite genres to both listen to and play.

Virbank City is another coastal city, but instead of the big adventurous theme its more of a softer smooth Jazz theme. I still love it though, even if there is no saxophone in it! :P

Nimbasa City also does Jazz but with more uptempo and with Brass and other wind instruments.

Driftveil City is kinda the weird one of all the Unova tracks, because it sounds kinda funky and Oriental to me. I guess it's the Chinatown for Unova's America.

This is list is getting a bit long, so I'll just end it with the Iris Champion Theme. It's a great track and it makes me feel like a pretty princess. That's all there is to say about it really.

My favourite one overall would have to be Champion Iris' Theme.
Shoutouts to both of Hugh's themes.

And the greatly superior to it's Colosseum counterpart, Miror B's XD theme.

All of these I find to be some of the most spectacular songs in the franchise.

Oh the Game Corner Music from DPPt was pretty cool too. Actually very cool.

Another theme I enjoy is Virbank Gym. It was neat to have a club as a gym (even though it would be a living hell for me) and the music suited it perfectly. Also, it was the first time I can think of where we actually hear the Gym Leader's voice in a game, which is awesome.
Also, it has a neat bit of trivia:
In the English version of Black 2 and White 2, we hear Roxie spell out the word "Pokémon". However, in the original Japanese version, we hear her spell out "Dogars", the Japanese name for Koffing, Roxie's signature Pokémon.

Bonus points are also given for the anime perfectly fusing their normal designs for gyms with the actual in-game design. But that's neither here nor there.

There are so many hidden gems in the Pokemon series music wise that it's impossible to list all of the absolutely amazing ones.
I prefer the cheery, upbeat themes in the games, which seem to be quite plentiful. The greatest music for me came from the mystery dungeon series, and Shaymin Village seems to hit the spot for me, and I've gotta say that's my favorite. It's just incredibly jolly and I love it, it fits the mood for the location perfectly.

A bit more relaxing of a tune is Mahogany Town, and it feels so easy to settle into the tiny town. It goes up and down a bit, but still sounds great, and I'd be willing to listen to this track any day.

Speaking of relaxing melodies, Nuvema Town has the best sounding music of any starting town in the main series Pokemon games in my opinion, but it also sounds a bit different from the other starting towns as well. It gives a feeling of "welcome home" and it's just absolutely lovely and sounds perfectly orchestrated.

Floaroma Town sounds sounds stunning and heavenly. Almost makes you wish like you could jump right in the game and prance around in the huge meadow, filled with blooming flowers. This is pretty much pure serenity put into one track, and Game Freak did an amazing job with it.

To wrap things up, I have to say Pokemon Conquest's ending music was beautiful. It conveyed all the emotions of the plot and the excitement and thrill of conquesting other kingdoms and battling. I think that ending themes in Pokemon should basically wrap up the whole thing and put a bow on it, and leave you feeling great afterwards, which is what this track did.

Last edited:
There are so many hidden gems in the Pokemon series music wise that it's impossible to list all of the absolutely amazing ones.
I prefer the cheery, upbeat themes in the games, which seem to be quite plentiful. The greatest music for me came from the mystery dungeon series, and Shaymin Village seems to hit the spot for me, and I've gotta say that's my favorite. It's just incredibly jolly and I love it, it fits the mood for the location perfectly.

A bit more relaxing of a tune is Mahogany Town, and it feels so easy to settle into the tiny town. It goes up and down a bit, but still sounds great, and I'd be willing to listen to this track any day.

Speaking of relaxing melodies, Nuvema Town has the best sounding music of any starting town in the main series Pokemon games in my opinion, but it also sounds a bit different from the other starting towns as well. It gives a feeling of "welcome home" and it's just absolutely lovely and sounds perfectly orchestrated.

Floaroma Town sounds sounds stunning and heavenly. Almost makes you wish like you could jump right in the game and prance around in the huge meadow, filled with blooming flowers. This is pretty much pure serenity put into one track, and Game Freak did an amazing job with it.

To wrap things up, I have to say Pokemon Conquest's ending music was beautiful. It conveyed all the emotions of the plot and the excitement and thrill of conquesting other kingdoms and battling. I think that ending themes in Pokemon should basically wrap up the whole thing and put a bow on it, and leave you feeling great afterwards, which is what this track did.
You accidentally did the wrong links for Mahogany Town and Nuvema Town. Just so you know.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
I'm amazed that nobody's mentioned the RSE Elite Four theme yet. I don't know why, but something about this song seems to capture what a high-level battle's supposed to feel like, in my mind - it's vaguely rock-ish and fast-paced enough to convey a great challenge, but it's also smooth enough that you get the sense that the player's "in the zone", so to speak, completely ready and doing what comes naturally. Just a beautiful theme. (On a tangentially related note, this remix is truly glorious.)

Really, Hoenn had a bunch of the best tracks in the series. I'm really eager to see what Game Freak's going to do with the soundtrack in ORAS, if also a little afraid that it won't live up to the expectations I've built up in my mind based on the beauty of RSE's music.

I really like all the GSC themes for some reason but these are the ones that really stick out to me:

Pokemon GSC gym leader battle -

This theme is just so awesome and possibly my favorite theme is all off Pokemon. It starts off really cool with the boomboomboomboom here is a battle and then slowly becomes a bit more relaxed as the theme goes on. The theme just sounds hero like from beginning to end and it just feels like you are in the heat off battle all the time. Also helps that Jotho has some of the toughest gym leaders like Morty, Clair and the devil in disguise known as Whitney which makes it more memorable.

Pokemon GSC Lake of Rage -

This music is just such a relaxing and nice theme. I mean before you come here you have to fight 2 gym leaders in a row, cross an ocean, try to get a medicine to cure a sick Pokemon and try to find the roaming pain in the butt you can't get me beasts. After all of that this relaxing theme is just nice to hear like hey you did a lot of stuff take a peaceful break. Too bad team rocket was messing around again and they ruin your vacation.

Pokemon GSC champion battle, Red battle -

I really like this piece of music because it just does the final battle theme so well. It starts of pretty calm with just a few beats but after a few seconds it's suddenly BAM final battle time. I mean it is difficult to explain but hearing this just makes you seem like a hero. You beat up team Rocket their asses, you defeated the 8 gym leaders, you are the one completing the pokedex, you are the one helping countless off people and Pokemon and now is your final challenge.

Pokemon GSC rival battle -

Another one that is difficult to explain but I will try my best. This one again just makes me feel like a badass every time I hear it and I have no idea why. It is like hey that ??? dude thinks he is better than you are let's beat him to show who is boss. It also helps that ??? was one of the few rivals that actually was a rival rather than a stupid friend.

EDIT: The music is the remakes is just as good btw.

Not really sure I have an absolute favourite, though Unova Route 12 takes some beating.

I have to give credit for the Lavender Town theme though, for genuinely making the most of the primitive audio capabilities of the GameBoy. It actually sounds worse in higher resolution in FRLG because the cleaner tone reduces the creepy factor. Kinda like how the Terminator films use Arnie's terrible acting capabilities to their advantage.

My favorite songs are mostly town themes:

Lavender Town

Which sounds really nice backwards as well

Snowbelle City:

Which may be my favorite

Powerplant Theme:

(I like a lot of these)

Pokemon Mansion Theme:

Seriously sounds like death/inevitability.

Those as well as many of the ones posted before. If I reposted any, sorry for that.

R/S/E Verdanturf town theme music as its a calmful song.

XY Clothes shop/Power plant as its just really catchy.

XY Snowbelle city as it really calming.

Yellow/Red/Blue Obviously Lavender town as its so freaky and it nearly killed people!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)