Your most Memorable moment from Gold/Silver

I remember first time I fought it.

Me: Ooooh look a random person. Lets challenge him.

Red: Sends out level 81 Pikachu. My Level 55 Arcanine is looking very scared.

Me: WTF?

Yea probably Red, it was like "OMFGWTF ITS ASH....ER....RED....WHATEVER THEY'RE BASICALLY THE SAME CHARACTER LOL"

Probably making it through the Ice Path on my first try. My friends had told me they had spent hours trying to get through it...felt real good to get through so quickly.

I have so many........

One stupid one: my cousin had a Smoochum, the first pokemon trainer i knew with a Smoochum. I really wanted one, so i went in ice path to look for a male Jynx lol, spent about 3 hours in that cave and found about 15 female Jynx and got fed up. I never got a smoochum and I only recently found out that all Jynx are female and can breed with other stuff lol.

Cool pokemon like Octillery, Chinchou the starters,

The Bug catching contest and more

My cousin, my bro and I used to play for hours at sleepovers, back in the good old days.......

Alright! A Thread I can relate too!
Ok, Bare with me on this but the setting was along the route where Drowzee are encountered near the Daycare. It was Gold version, the very version that I claim to be my "Prime Time/Climax" of my pokemon days. It was Day, and I never really heard of shinies or anything like that. I never really understood why the LoR had a Red Gyarodos because I'd always mash the "A" button. Anyways, this is I think a little after the elite four and I can't remember what I was doing (Prolly hatching Eggs) and I accidentally run into a patch of grass on the way to Goldenrod City on my bike. Now, this was when I was prolly about 7-9 Years old, so I had a Pokemon Gameboy, with (dunno if anyone remembers a green Add-on with a light and a Magnifying Glass, Yes! To make the already smaller screen about 1.5 times bigger, made by Pelican). Magnifying Glass and light on, which I later cut the wires for unknowns reasons, and this 1.5 times bigger Purple Drowzee. I thought the game was going bad and thought I was going blind. So I put the game down on my bed go get some snack I would prolly get scolded for eating in my room, go back to my room, acknowledge the Drowzee, and Ran...

Now, Years Later after all this knowledge of RNG abuse and SR, it made me think. "Man, I could have had a Purple Drowzee..." Oh well, but I do remember the good times I had Surfing the Kanto Seas with my Feraligatr's piece of garbage moveset Surfing every wild and Trainer's Water Type Pokemon I saw late at night. lol

my most memorable moment would be when I caught suicune after throwing ultra ball after ultra ball at it for almost an hour lol

I remember catching the legendary dogs, those may have been the first legendaries I caught without a Master Ball. I also vaguely remember my team, it was Meganium, Ampharos, Lugia, Lapras, and two others. I really loved using that team.

I have so many memorable moment with Silver and Crystal.. Hence its because this is my favourite Generation/Games. Here are some lists that I can think of as of the moment.

• Whitney's Annoying Miltank.
  • The man in Mahogany Town that blocks your way..
  • Trying to figure out how to get to Kanto at Indigo Plateau..
  • Finding a Hoppip, became one of my fave pokemon.
  • Still clueless how to catch Ho-oh. I don't know how to use the Rainbow Pass.
  • The Bullet Train.
  • Trying to catch Raikou and Suicune.. Never like Entei..
  • The awesome Kimono Girls with their Eeveelution.
  • Bug Catching Contest!
  • The stupid Swarm pokemon which you needed to get specific trainer phone number.
  • My Shiny Meowth. Introduction of Shiny.
  • Breeding, using Ditto.
  • Cloning!!!!!
  • Trying to find that darn Pokerus.
  • The Night/Day intro.. Love and Hate it.. Love it cause it feels like its real, hated it cause I need to wait the right time to catch certain Pokemon.
  • That darn Celebi shrine at Ilex Forest! Wasted my time investigating it hoping to get one.
  • The Ice Cave, those icy ground..
  • Beating the E4 with Tyhplosion and Ledian. Learning that Ledian sucks.
  • The Headbuttable trees.
The new Pokemon! Didn't have an internet connection before so every pokemon encounter was full of surprises. (Now I kind of got into thinking to not spoil myself with the introduction of Gen 5 pokemon..)

My most memorable moment came in my Silver version. I just spent about an hour getting through Ice Path for the first time to get to Blackthorn City. I get there, see the gym is not open and was completely confused. I Surfed around back on my Poliwhirl and talked to the dude at the entrance to the Dragon's Den. He said Clair trained in there and that only Dragon masters were allowed in. I took that to mean that I needed to catch a Dragon Pokemon. I spent weeks trying to figure out how to get a Dratini (not yet even knowing of the awesomeness that is Kingdra). Being 8, I didn't even know that this information would be on the internet. So I figured the answer to my problem had to be somewhere in the game. I talked to every person in New Bark, Cherrygrove, Violet, and Azalea trying to find someone who would have the answer for me. Not until after hours of talking to pointless NPCs did I notice that Team Rocket was in the Radio Tower. So I wasted quite a bit of my time as an 8 year old trying to figure out how to get in that gym before I realized I needed to get rid of Team Rocket first. I was incredibly proud of myself afterward, which, in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have been.

One of the only things I remember, and the craziest one for me, was running around my parents' bedroom while battling Suicune in Crystal. And whenever I threw a Poke Ball I would put the Game Boy on the bed and stop moving or making any sort of noise whatsoever, somehow thinking the silence would help the Poke Ball capture it.

My 2 most memorable moments were:
1. My epic struggle to catch lugia. GOD THAT TOOK FOREVER! Getting to it was a massive pain in the ass, but catching it was a whole other story. I must've used like 90 ultra balls. I celebrated for like a week after I caught it.

2. Fighting the legendary Ash Ketchum (Red) and raping him with my level 100 Lugia.

Hmm... I think my most memorable GSC moment was when I trained my Typholsion to level 70 right before battling the Ecruteak gym because my best friend at the time had told me he had heard Marty had a level 100 Gengar. I was like eight and I remember getting pissed when I realized the bloody Gengar was only like level 25... Oh, and hatching a shiny Igglybuff egg. Seemed pretty epic at the time since I had no idea what a shiny was yet here was my oddly-colored little Pokémon. :3

When you find Red.
I was like WTF!!!!! Is this guy supposed to be the legendary trainer who beat the elit 4, became the champion and came from Pallet that I've been hearing throught the game????????
Then I battled him and I thought, ASH!!! then I ralized o no it's Red hehe

Fighting Suicune in Crystal, paralysing it and whittling it down to a tiny sliver of health, then going to chuck a ball at it: "The Box is full. You cannot use this item now" ... Then fainting it, and going to a PC to change box >.<

mine has to be catching a shiny zubat outside of the cave you catch lapras in good times silver version good times

When I finally got the Porygon from the game department and wanted to level-up it, I got it the the small grass patch east of Celadon, and didn't understand why isn't Murkrow taking any damage from Psybeam...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)