Eve's Substitute for Real Art (requests closed)

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Discord Leader
subslogo.png
The name is a bad pun, sorry!
This thread is mainly going to consist of Substitute dolls, being edited to resemble a Pokémon. Pretty simple premise. Also feel free to give me suggestions for which mons to do and I'll probably do it eventually! I'm down to try any really (preferably Gen 5 or before, as there's official sprites for easy reference). I might also share my standard pixel-arts at some point, but everyone does those right? This is way more interesting!
The quality of the edit is gonna vary from mon to mon, partially because some mons don't fit a substitute doll very well and partially because I suck, but hopefully they're enjoyable! Feel free to use these as profile pictures, but if you use them in some sort of project let me know because I'd love to see it!!

seismitoad.png
Seismitoad- My first one!
drilbur.png
Drilbur, requested by Lilburr- Such a happy boi. The nose could possibly do with some fixing though.
jirachi.png
Jirachi- The wish maker put on a few pounds, huh?
furret.png
Furret, requested by beth- Not only does he walcc, he also subb
steelix.png
Steelix, requested by Yink- Probably the worst one but I'm amazed I managed to get a giant spiky steel snake to work as a sub.
sandshrew.png
Sandshrew, requested by Collette- Sandshrew works really well as a sub, having a similar body shape.
-=Anything past this was made after the thread was put up=-
kyurem.png
Kyurem- This one took the longest of any so far, really happy with how it turned out- possibly the best but drilbur has so much personality
mew.png
Mew, requested by Aliss- very basic but that's Mew really, it works
heracross.png
Heracross, requested by Aliss- What that horn do
munchlax.png
Munchlax, requested by Laurenbee- Couldn't quite figure out how to do its 'frills' justice given the perspective but I think this conveys the mon well enough regardless
lanturn.png
Lanturn, requested by gum- Weirdly shaped fish translates oddly well into strange dinosaur creature!
cosmog.png
Cosmog, requested by Nurul- I wish the Gen 5 style sprite artists bothered with Cosmog
scraggy.png
Scraggy, requested by saut- This one's pose kinda reminds me of sans now I look back on it
mudkip.png
Mudkip, requested by Napp- great starter, bad meme
golisopod.png
Golisopod, requested by Gravelmouse- Mom said it's my turn on the xbox
medicham.png
Medicham, requested by nerdathologist- This one is really trying to look angry but just looks silly
tyranitar.png
Tyranitar, requested by AssessTheThreat- thicctar
archen.png
Archen, requested by HONK- Archub! I love this mon's colour scheme so much
alakazam.png
Alakazam, requested by S. Court- Figuring out how much brown to use was the main challenge making this one, kept it fairly minimal
togepi.png
Togepi, requested by RU Dark Dreamer Luna - Another one where the shape of the original mon couldn't really be preserved/represented very well, but I think it turned out quite cute anyway
psyduck.png
Psyduck, requested by Chimpact- Could have added webbed feet but I felt it was already obvious enough and wanted to preserve the Substitute feel
blastoise.png
Blastoise, requested by Salt Blizzard- The shell was honestly a pain to rescale and fit onto a flat back, but I think it turned out well!
meowstic-f.png
Meowstic-F, requested by Famyos- Not my best work, but at least it's recognisable and quite funny
whimsicott.png
Whimsicott, requested by Famyos- One of the biggest, purely because of the required mass of cotton
scolipede.png
scolipede-shiny.png
Scolipede, requested by me- Counters the massive Whimsicott sub above
gengar.png
Gengar, requested by Chazm- They say if you use the sub long enough, you become the sub
volcanion.png
Volcanion, requested by Mortagon- The first sub to not have arms since Seismitoad!
sirfetchd.png
Sirfetch'd, requested by Yung Dramps- Kiyaa!
drampa.png
Drampa, requested by Yung Dramps- Somebody made grandpa angry, didn't they?
chandelure.png
Chandelure, requested by Max. Optimizer- Tried out some transparency with this one, was fun!
houndoom.png
Houndoom, requested by Kalalokki- This one was tedious but I'm happy with the end result!
azumarill.png
Azumarill, requested by Gorfield- The hardest part with this one was downscaling the ears and changing their angle, but even that was alright
reuniclus.png
Reuniclus, requested by MrDerplays- IT'S SUCH A BIG CELL AAAA
masquerain.png
Masquerain, requested by royesk- ate too many borger
swadloon.png
Swadloon, requested by DCL10- I still don't know if Swadloon has little arms under its leaf coat honestly
aggron-mega.png
Mega Aggron, requested by SteelixPrismGX- These little messages feel a bit redundant sometimes
lopunny-shiny.png
Shiny Lopunny, requested by Kaiju Bunny- this one's kinda unsettling for me idk, a dinosaur with rabbit ears somehow feels weirder than one with horns
ribombee.png
Ribombee, requested by Halogen- according to all known laws of aviation this thing is never leaving the ground
snorlax.png
Snorlax, requested by Resh- the highest HP substitute so far!
mewtwo-megax.png
Mega Mewtwo X, requested by pazza- tiny baby arms
garchomp.png
Garchomp, requested by deetah- you should go chomper here
dewpider.png
Dewpider, requested by 133spike- Ended up being easier than I thought honestly!
celebi.png
Celebi, requested by Pokemonfire2- substitutes have layers
gible.png
Gible, requested by iChili- :gibledance:
joltik.png
Joltik, requested by -DarkAlex55-- Joltik's shape is really its defining feature so I was quite worried about this one, but it kinda works!
ursaring.png
Ursaring, requested by Rhuodent- The village crusher is IN and behind a substitute wyd
zoroark.png
Zoroark, requested by IceNinja- It looks so comfy aaa
mareep.png
Mareep, requested by Brandon- IT LOOKS EVEN FLUFFIER AAAAAAAAAA
mimikyu.png
Mimikyu, requested by Puff Killa- Protected twice over from any damage, also the second sub to not have proper legs
slowbro.png
Slowbro, requested by Scizorphobic- Really enjoyed making the shell on this one!
glaceon.png
Glaceon, requested by Juuno- GLACEON GOOOOOOONS
cyndaquil.png
Cyndaquil, requested by PotatoZ- the fire was a challenge, I considered giving it a snout but we know how that went with Houndoom
groudon.png
Groudon, requested by Nerdathologist- Here comes the sun, dudududu! My thoughts on this one? "It's alright"
froslass.png
Froslass, requested by Gravelmouse- sorry PU
diggersby.png
Diggersby, requested by Kaif- What those ears do tho
vulpix-alola.png
Alolan Vulpix, requested by KilerKont- this one kinda just looks silly, but that kinda works
totodile.png
Totodile, requested by BURN-E: looking like pogchamp
pluffle.png
Pluffle (with Halo), requested by taranteeeno- scary
larvitar.png
Larvitar, requested by Yveltal for PU- had to happen eventually
stufful.png
Stufful, requested by Vaboh- stuffed toy abomination
camerupt.png
Camerupt, requested by GenOne- Just a regular abomination
dragonite.png
Dragonite, requested by yzyszn3- stuffed toy but not an abomination! very cuddly and one of my fave mons in LGPE
mesprit.png
Mesprit, requested by mc_trash- i really don't like this pokemon
zeraora.png
Zeraora, requested by ManciniTheAmazing- i really like this pokemon
blaziken.png
Blaziken, requested by Rysurrection- I had to nerf the tuft, you know what I mean
magearna.png
Magearna, requested by sporeisniceaf59- Implemented some texturing techniques I've learnt recently to make it look more metallic!
gardevoir.png
Gardevoir, requested by Lionyx- been a while since I ditched the legs, right?
lucario.png
Lucario, requested by ncs12345- shoutouts to the furries reading this :)
toxtricity.png
toxtricity-lowkey.png
Toxtricity, requested by Pk Thief- i adore the colour scheme of both forms, definitely two of my fave Electrics and Poisons
zacian-crowned.png
Zacian-Crowned, requested by DarkBerserker- S W O R D
togedemaru.png
Togedemaru, requested by Fusion Flare- i love togedemaru so much
skitty.png
Skitty, requested by Pixelationaire- I also love skitty even more
zigzagoon-galar.png
Galarian Zigzagoon, requested by Eve- literally 3 of my favourite mons in a row i adore this little fella
heatran.png
Heatran, requested by Kaitlyn- heatrans rights
vileplume.png
Vileplume, requested by Chloe- please stop clicking strength sap please please ple
absol-mega.png
Mega Absol, requested by Rosa- flufffffffffffffffffffffffffffff this mon is so cool
delibird.png
Delibird, requested by the world- hopefully this one delibird on your expectations
decidueye.png
Decidueye, requested by Bandkrook- this has no right to work as well as it does.
quagsire.png
Quagsire, requested by PanWithQueso- acquirethesire.mp4
rhydon.png
Rhydon, requested by Arcticblast and Plague von Karma- the first pokemon made? that's rhydon, why do you ask?
spinda.png
Spinda, requested by Collette- anyone else absolutely adore spinda's look in the 3d games?
deerling.png
deerling-summer.png
deerling-autumn.png
deerling-winter.png
Deerling, requested by Bandkrook- :pleading_face:
pangoro.png
Pangoro, requested by Low-Key- this one's a friend for sure
kyogre.png
Kyogre, requested by nerdathologist- This one took me... a little while.

seismitoad-large.png
drilbur-large.png
jirachi-large.png
furret-large.png
steelix-large.png
sandshrew-large.png
kyurem-large.png
mew-large.png
heracross-large.png
munchlax-large.png
lanturn-large.png
cosmog-large.png
scraggy-large.png
mudkip-large.png
golisopod-large.png
medicham-large.png
tyranitar-large.png
archen-large.png
alakazam-large.png
togepi-large.png
psyduck-large.png
blastoise-large.png
meowstic-f-large.png
whimsicott-large.png
scolipede-large.png
scolipede-shiny-large.png
gengar-large.png
volcanion-large.png
sirfetchd-large.png
drampa-large.png
chandelure-large.png
houndoom-large.png
azumarill-large.png
reuniclus-large.png
masquerain-large.png
swadloon-large.png
aggron-mega-large.png
lopunny-shiny-large.png
ribombee-large.png
snorlax-large.png
mewtwo-megax-large.png
garchomp-large.png
dewpider-large.png
celebi-large.png
gible-large.png
joltik-large.png
ursaring-large.png
zoroark-large.png
mareep-large.png
mimikyu-large.png
slowbro-large.png
glaceon-large.png
cyndaquil-large.png
groudon-large.png
froslass-large.png
diggersby-large.png
vulpix-alola-large.png
totodile-large.png
pluffle-large.png
larvitar-large.png
stufful-large.png
camerupt-large.png
dragonite-large.png
mesprit-large.png
zeraora-large.png
blaziken-large.png
magearna-large.png
gardevoir-large.png
lucario-large.png
toxtricity-large.png
toxtricity-lowkey-large.png
zacian-crowned-large.png
togedemaru-large.png
skitty-large.png
zigzagoon-galar-large.png
heatran-large.png
vileplume-large.png
absol-mega-large.png
delibird-large.png
decidueye-large.png
quagsire-large.png
rhydon-large.png
spinda-large.png
deerling-large.png
deerling-summer-large.png
deerling-autumn-large.png
deerling-winter-large.png
pangoro-large.png
kyogre-large.png
Currently WIP Subs:
Breloom
(Bostonl1), Infernape (RahelGamer09), Sableye (Prank), Shiny Mega Gallade (Aaronboyer), Jigglypuff (Specs), Mega Charizard X (Sundar), Empoleon (TheJ3estPenguin), Leafeon (Sacrificed), Sceptile (The Thunderbirds), Mienfoo (PhantomHurious), Pineco (againa), Darmanitan Zen (SteelixPrismGX), Mega Gardevoir (Guardsweeper), Necrozma (PhotonNael), Tynamo (77star77), Ampharos (JG Juan), Mawile (Just Call Me 203), Shiny Butterfree (Aishia), Sneasel (TheRam), Avalugg (SamuelBest), Feraligatr (SectoniaServant), Porygon-Z (KellyKafka), Mega Salamence (Caspell), Greninja (BackAtYouBro), Flygon (Toy Time King), Gabite (Lego), Kommo-o (Gorfield), Stakataka/Ho-Oh (PotatoZ), Escavalier (Fantos13), Luxray (deetah), Victini (Jordy), Espeon (Alpha), Charizard (DirtyPenguin), Meditite (DirtyPenguin), Mega Rayquaza (GL Volkner), Teddiursa (Meri Berry), Shaymin (Arai), Empoleon (Empress), Plasmanta (Empress), Ducklett (Pixelationaire), Litwick (Fakee), Piloswine (zizalith), Swanna (Ho3nConfirm3d), Garbodor (DYA), Skarmory (bigtalk), Articuno (Marven Stormlight), Zygarde Complete (MegaUltra), Leafeon (Patato123), Mega Diancie (Gravelord☆luiz), Bellossom (Total Clefairy), Meloetta (Marcell), Bounsweet (Sificon), Metapod (Codraroll), Probopass (Codraroll), Regice (Icemann), Volcarona (DrPumpkinz), Galarian Darmanitan (Petuuuhhh), Barbaracle (banned user lol), Cacnea (Le Creme Brule), Golduck (BP), Hydreigon (Jerry the great), Galarian Corsola (Nurul), Galarian Weezing (DefRevenge24601), Staravia (Mateeus), Goomy (DreamPrince), Spiritomb (Corthius), Arcanine (RottenInfernape), Hippowdon (Estarossa), a bunch of others that I'll add eventually because wow there's a lot
* = probably skipping for a while

If the queue's long and you've already got a request waiting, please wait for me to finish that one before making another! I may also prioritise requests from people who haven't had ones before.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)