You're sure this is a kids game?

Huh, I never knew FR/LG had copy protection inside the games(assuming that isn't photoshopped). I knew about the B/W not gaining experience copy protection(from a friend, of course). I've learned something new today, thanks.

Also, it's not inappropriate, but I find some of the quotes in Pokemon to be deep for a kids game.

"All dreams are but another reality, never forget."

I don't know why, but I just find that quote extremely deep and nice.

Does anyone besides me find Hikari's/Dawn's dress inappropiately short for her age? She is also one of the most fanservice-laden Pokemon characters on pixiv.

Of course, the anime runs with it:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
"The Spirits it absorbs fuel its baleful fire. It hangs around hospitals waiting for people to pass on."

-Lampent's B2/W2 Dex entry.

Does anyone besides me find Hikari's/Dawn's dress inappropiately short for her age? She is also one of the most fanservice-laden Pokemon characters on pixiv.

Of course, the anime runs with it:
I am REALLY not fazed by that fact. Pretty much every female protag is getting a ton of fanservice, mainly Touko and Rosa as well. Sadly.

I just find the whole breeding process amusingly creepy. Like, try and use it as a pick-up line:
"Hay baby, wanna go to the daycare center, I know someone who'll let us in back. I think we seem to get along, but even if we don't like eachother much we can still have a good time. You don't even need to worry about protection, there's a guy out front who really will help with any unwanted kids~"

Yeah, that's pretty much what actually happens. Even without the blatent inuendo, your animals are still getting it on in a daycare center run by an elderly couple, who clearly pay no attention and have no clue how the whole mating process works.

Surprised nobody posted pics from the manga yet, there are plenty violent moments that fit for this thread.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just find the whole breeding process amusingly creepy. Like, try and use it as a pick-up line:
"Hay baby, wanna go to the daycare center, I know someone who'll let us in back. I think we seem to get along, but even if we don't like eachother much we can still have a good time. You don't even need to worry about protection, there's a guy out front who really will help with any unwanted kids~"

Yeah, that's pretty much what actually happens. Even without the blatent inuendo, your animals are still getting it on in a daycare center run by an elderly couple, who clearly pay no attention and have no clue how the whole mating process works.
Adding to the above, I also think it is kind of funny how the Day Care man always says "We have no idea how it got there!", trying to protect the player from learning about sex.

Adding to the above, I also think it is kind of funny how the Day Care man always says "We have no idea how it got there!", trying to protect the player from learning about sex.
Remember that almost the entire story is told from the perspective of a ten year old boy (or like fourteen or something in Black/White). I'll bet a lot of the creepy Pokédex entries aren't actually reality - they may be based on simple folklore, or stuff the player is making up as they go.

Huh, I never knew FR/LG had copy protection inside the games(assuming that isn't photoshopped). I knew about the B/W not gaining experience copy protection(from a friend, of course). I've learned something new today, thanks.
Yeah, it's legit. I read up on it a long time ago, and if I remember correctly, basically, emulators these days are so advanced that they emulate the games so closely that it cannot detect that it's not legitimate.

Either way, I think it's funny as hell.

Also, the Togekiss/Doduo shitting picture is legit. I saw it a long while back, but it's pretty funny still.

typhlosion is not alone.

Spoink dex entry: Using its tail like a spring, it keeps its heart beating by bouncing constantly. If it stops, it dies.

Hypno dex entry: It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.

Yamask: Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

Haunter: If a HAUNTER beckons you while it is floating in darkness, don't approach it. This POKéMON will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.

Also, it's not inappropriate, but I find some of the quotes in Pokemon to be deep for a kids game.

"All dreams are but another reality, never forget."

I don't know why, but I just find that quote extremely deep and nice.
I really like a lot of the quotes that you can find in the more recent pokemon games, especially the ones about traveling. I played BW2 while I was in Australia and I found many of the quotes to be so apt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)