• Bad, but can be fixed.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Delete this team and start over

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Really good. Not much to improve on

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Teambuilding Process
First I started with a Mence/Fini core because I thought they both complimented eachother. Ice, and Dragon don't scratch Fini, and Fini is also a good defogger to get rid of the Rock Weakness Mence has.

Next I added Mega Metagross to form a solid Dragon/Fairy/Steel core. It has nice coverage options and the Fini/Mence/Gross team synergize very well resistance-wise, and coverage-wise.
I originally thought about adding Lando, but I didn't want to have too much of an Ice weakness. So I chose Ferrothorn. This mon easily Weakens pokemon with Seed,Wave,Rocks, and if a Bulky Water like Lele, Power Whip. This gave me an idea about a possible Second Core also.
Muk-Alola so far has been the most effective mon against other teams. I originally added it as a nice Priority user (SSneak), as well as a Pursuit trapper that can get rid of some Mons that try to escape on it. This Pokemon absolutely destroys Lele and Magearna (with Knock Off and typing). Most special attackers DO NOT want to get near this beast.

I added Volcarona (without Firium Z, I know sad) as a third member of a second core (FWG). I also added him as a second set up sweeper, with good coverage.'

Analysis

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Outrage
- Earthquake
I used the regular Z-Fly Mence set. Moxie and DDance make a nice sweeper along with Overpowering Foes like Fini, Lando, Tangrowth, with Z-Fly. I chose EQ as a coverage option. Even without the Z-Power Fly still easily kills a lot of foes.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Scald

NMadness to do good damage to mons that resist or are neutral to scald. Taunt to break stall. Defog compliments Mence by removing Rock Threat, and also helps team by removing spikes and toxic spikes. EV Spread is for 310 Def and 330 SpDef, along with essential speed to outspeed threats. 248 HP just to make this machine even more tanky. Forms a good core with Mence

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

This is the typical SmogSet. Great coverage options, and typing. A great member of a Dragon/Fairy/Steel core.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

This thing cripples a lot of Pokemon this meta. A great rock setter and second steel. You can switch this thing in and Leech Seed/TWave a lot of the meta. Good typing, Recovery, and a good member of a FWG and DFS core.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Great Pursuit trapper, Priority User, and Fairy/Special killer. If you didn't notice Lele kind of shaped the team. I have 3 mons that could resist Lele (well, non-HP Fire Lele.) In the experience I've had Muk-A is usually the one that cripples the team. It either poisons mons, makes them useless without their item *cough cough* Chansey. Kills things that think they can stay in with Shadow Sneak. Or Pursuit kills low-HP switches.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Another great Set-Up mon. I used Lum Berry because I didn't have room for another Z-Move. In the experiences I usually switch this thing into a Toxic or Will-O-Wisp, if this mon has moves that threaten the other, they switch and I quiver. I then proceed to kill most Non-Scarf mons with Fire Blast, Giga Drain Recovery, and HP Ground. Also a good member of a FWG core.

Threats
Once Fini dies (not like Fini tanks EQ well anyways) there is nothing to switch into Fire move variants. +1 Speed Mence doesn't outspeed it. It will continually switch in and out, and gradually destroy the team. It either EQ's Mons like Megagross, goes on an Outrage rampage or flat out OHKO's my Ferro. I sometimes lose to this, but I sometimes am able to outsmart my opponent so this isn't a big threat.

There is really nothing that can eat a Sunny Day Fire Blast well on this team. It solar beams Fini. FBlasts everything else. The only way to kill this thing is to use Mence as a revenge killer and win a speed tie. If you lose the speed tie, you can tank only 1 hit. Sure, Megagross outspeeds but it only kills if Zard-Y has lost 40 or so% of its HP which is hard to do anyways. My point is there is not enough Counters and Checks for him on this team

Sure, a lot of times you can Outrage bomb him. But at times when you lose some of the hard hitters. All you have that can do anything is Fini. It often times forces it out until the opponent realizes you don't run Moonblast. Even if you do have heavy hitters it can either survive and Foul PLay the setup sweepers, or Recover and stall you out.

Importable
Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Scald

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Thanks for reading this RMT, and leave some advice or vote on the poll ;)

Last edited:
Hey dude =). Really cool team with a good thought process! Before I start rating, please hide an importable of the team also in the rmt post.

So the putting together of the team was well thought out. Salamance and Fini really are a good pair together. However, along with the weaknesses you mentioned, that being Garchomp, Charizard Y, and M-Sabeleye (stall in general), you have a very large weakness to steel types, celesteela and magnezone mainly. Although you do have volcarona, it is your only way to effectively pressure them, and mons like Celesteela you cannot switch into due to air slash, and magnezone is completely free to volt switch around your entire team with 0 pressure put onto it. To fix this, my first change will be to ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn
:
Again the thought process was good here. Although you said you choose to go ferrothorn over landorus to avoid a dual ice weakness, however I would still opt to go Landous > Ferrothorn. Although you are right that landorus brings you dual weakness to ice, you have the team to deal with it (Metagross and fini beat every mon that carries ice coverage in the ou tier, outside of the occasional hp ice koko or thundurus, and even then Metagross forces those to switch if muk doesnt already beat them). Landorus also brings 2 very valuable things to this team that you do not have yet, an electric immunity, and a solid answer to ground types. As said in my weaknesses part, Magnezone, as well as volt switch in general is a huge problem (u-turn as well to a lesser, but still large, extent). Lando will give you a way to stop endless volt switching, as well as pressure u-turners. Landorus also gives you a good ground check, which you didnt have before. Things like landorus (scarf or really any offensive set), excadrill, and really any ground spammer really gave you issues as your only defensive mon does not appreciate a ground move. Landorus also solves the garchomp weakness you mentioned. The speed added is to reach 223, which creeps the common 222 speed on fini. (this and rest of the sets will be in the bottom of the rate in an inportable)

Landorus however does not pressure water types like ferrothorn did, and actually leave you fairly vulnerable to them. Taking this into account, the rest of the changes made will be set changes for your mons to mitigate this weakness, and fix the other said weaknesses (celesteela, sab, zard y).

Metagross
:
Although earthquake is nice for heatran and marowak, not only do you now have Landorus for ground spam, you also have tapu fini which can beat both. Due to this, thunderpunch > earthquake would be better. Thunderpunch also allows you to better pressure threats like Celesteela, and more reliably revenge Zard y.

Muk
:
Speaking of zard y, lets ev Muk to give you an easier time with it. The spread I will put in the exportable is to guarentee 3hko from fireblast (given there are no rocks) and the rest of the attack is to maintain the ability to pressure Charizard enough that it cannot roost stall.

Salamence:

Really small change. Due to the prevalence of fairys in the tier, you do not want to be locked into outrage and loose your sweeper due to it, so Dragon claw > Outrage. Not only that, but with dd and moxie, you will find yourself not needing the extra power outrage gives you all that often.

Tapu Fini
:
Scald, although it hits things like heatran and bulu (burn chance) on the switch, is less appreciated than moonblast, therefore moonblast > scald. While it is really nice to hit tran and bulu, natures madness pressures them a great deal, and moonblast insures Fini can beat sabeleye, which is the largest reason stall is such an issue for your team.

I think the team is really cool and was built well. Good luck with the changes I've made =)

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 172-204 (41.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

56+ Atk Muk-Alola Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 129-153 (43.4 - 51.5%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO

0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-Therian: 196-232 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hey dude =). Really cool team with a good thought process! Before I start rating, please hide an importable of the team also in the rmt post.

So the putting together of the team was well thought out. Salamance and Fini really are a good pair together. However, along with the weaknesses you mentioned, that being Garchomp, Charizard Y, and M-Sabeleye (stall in general), you have a very large weakness to steel types, celesteela and magnezone mainly. Although you do have volcarona, it is your only way to effectively pressure them, and mons like Celesteela you cannot switch into due to air slash, and magnezone is completely free to volt switch around your entire team with 0 pressure put onto it. To fix this, my first change will be to ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn
:
Again the thought process was good here. Although you said you choose to go ferrothorn over landorus to avoid a dual ice weakness, however I would still opt to go Landous > Ferrothorn. Although you are right that landorus brings you dual weakness to ice, you have the team to deal with it (Metagross and fini beat every mon that carries ice coverage in the ou tier, outside of the occasional hp ice koko or thundurus, and even then Metagross forces those to switch if muk doesnt already beat them). Landorus also brings 2 very valuable things to this team that you do not have yet, an electric immunity, and a solid answer to ground types. As said in my weaknesses part, Magnezone, as well as volt switch in general is a huge problem (u-turn as well to a lesser, but still large, extent). Lando will give you a way to stop endless volt switching, as well as pressure u-turners. Landorus also gives you a good ground check, which you didnt have before. Things like landorus (scarf or really any offensive set), excadrill, and really any ground spammer really gave you issues as your only defensive mon does not appreciate a ground move. Landorus also solves the garchomp weakness you mentioned. The speed added is to reach 223, which creeps the common 222 speed on fini. (this and rest of the sets will be in the bottom of the rate in an inportable)

Landorus however does not pressure water types like ferrothorn did, and actually leave you fairly vulnerable to them. Taking this into account, the rest of the changes made will be set changes for your mons to mitigate this weakness, and fix the other said weaknesses (celesteela, sab, zard y).

Metagross
:
Although earthquake is nice for heatran and marowak, not only do you now have Landorus for ground spam, you also have tapu fini which can beat both. Due to this, thunderpunch > earthquake would be better. Thunderpunch also allows you to better pressure threats like Celesteela, and more reliably revenge Zard y.

Muk
:
Speaking of zard y, lets ev Muk to give you an easier time with it. The spread I will put in the exportable is to guarentee 3hko from fireblast (given there are no rocks) and the rest of the attack is to maintain the ability to pressure Charizard enough that it cannot roost stall.

Salamence:

Really small change. Due to the prevalence of fairys in the tier, you do not want to be locked into outrage and loose your sweeper due to it, so Dragon claw > Outrage. Not only that, but with dd and moxie, you will find yourself not needing the extra power outrage gives you all that often.

Tapu Fini
:
Scald, although it hits things like heatran and bulu (burn chance) on the switch, is less appreciated than moonblast, therefore moonblast > scald. While it is really nice to hit tran and bulu, natures madness pressures them a great deal, and moonblast insures Fini can beat sabeleye, which is the largest reason stall is such an issue for your team.

I think the team is really cool and was built well. Good luck with the changes I've made =)

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 172-204 (41.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

56+ Atk Muk-Alola Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 129-153 (43.4 - 51.5%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO

0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-Therian: 196-232 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Thanks for the suggestions!
And the importable (..oops)
I read over your suggestions on Gross,Fini,etc. and think they sound nice.
I'm really excited to try This team or with the move changes and Lando.
Thanks for all the help :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)