Metagame Z-Moves should be banned in 1v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z-Moves are already notoriously known as guarantee OHKO moves that no one who plays competitively likes. In a 1v1, that guarantee OHKO is a guarantee win which is stupid. The only way to stop it is to run protect, and that's only if you just so happen to protect the same turn they use it, and even then it doesn't stop it fully.

Lol there are these stats called Defense, Special Defense, and HP. I'm not sure you heard of them.

In all seriousness, Z-Moves do make the game a lot more offense-based and a lot less stall-based. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Just because a new mechanic has a major impact on the meta doesn't mean it should be banned. Also, you can tank Z-Moves, especially if they're not very effective or you're using a bulky mon (or if you're Sturdy lol). "Guarantee OHKO moves" is quite an exaggeration. The fact that many top players think the best mons are Megas shows that Z-moves aren't the only viable option.

Z-Moves are already notoriously known as guarantee OHKO moves that no one who plays competitively likes. In a 1v1, that guarantee OHKO is a guarantee win which is stupid. The only way to stop it is to run protect, and that's only if you just so happen to protect the same turn they use it, and even then it doesn't stop it fully.
next you will say zmoves should be banned bcoz they are gay. because attract a move without z power doesnt do anything to a opposing mon with the same gender (or a genderless mon). but having z attract actually benefits you by removing stat drops (which makes it gay as your mon uses attract on another mon and it benefits you).

btw this was just a joke dont take this seriously(im not homophobic)

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Please take discussions like this to the metagame discussion thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1-metagame-discussion.3646757/

But for the sake of transparency: We're not planning on banning Z-Moves this generation, and even if we did it would be for more reasons than what this post outlined. I recommend you take more time to understand the nuances of 1v1 before making more posts like this. In addition, you need my approval before making threads in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)