Zapdos @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Zapdos might be from RBY, but it's no slouch in dealing with common threats in USUM OU such as Tornadus-T, Kartana, and Gliscor. Additionally, decent coverage and Roost give it a good matchup against common walls like Ferrothorn and Celesteela. As this set capitalizes on Zapdos's decent offenses and coverage while maintaining its defensive utility, balanced and bulky offensive teams enjoy having this Zapdos set around. Pokemon like Kartana and Mega Scizor can punish specially defensive Pokemon that Zapdos struggles with, such as Chansey, and both enjoy Zapdos's good matchup against bulky Steel-types and Tornadus-T. Tapu Fini forms a great core with Zapdos to check many threats, provides Defog support, and enjoys Zapdos checking Grass-types.

Last edited:
comments in purple things to remove in red
View attachment 190244
Ability: Pressure / Static
Timid Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Zapdos might be from RBY, but it's no slouch in dealing with the many threats in USM OU. Its typing allows it to check threats like Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, and Kartana. I'm not sure if Landorus-T is the best Pokemon to mention here; its Rockium Z set is pretty good right now, and Zapdos is a pretty good check to other prominent Pokemon like Gliscor and Sand Rush Excadrill too, leading me to believe that mentioning 1 of them instead would be 'better'. Additionally, decent coverage and Roost, give it a good matchup against common walls like Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Celesteela. Zapdos's matchup against Toxapex is quite disappointing really, as it'll often just get poisoned by Toxic and proceed to be worn down slowly. Its abilities are also great, with Pressure helping stall out low PP moves, and Static punishing contact moves, namely U-turn. Pressure isn't good on sets that aren't running Defog. As this set capitalizes on Zapdos' decent offenses and coverage, while maintaining its defensive utilities, balanced teams enjoy having this Zapdos set around, as Pokemon like Kartana and Mega Scizor can punish the many specially defensive Pokemon that Zapdos struggles with, and both enjoy Zapdos' good matchup against its checks. This sentence makes no sense. I don't really understand the thought behind "it fits on these teams because it pairs well with these Pokemon". You should split these sentences up so that they make sense. Tapu Fini forms a great core with Zapdos to check many threats, provides Defog for Zapdos, and enjoys Zapdos checking Grass-types. Many offensive checks to Zapdos are worn down by hazards easily, so the likes of Ferrothorn and Heatran are good partners.
I'd like to look over this once more after this is implemented.

comments in purple things to remove in red
View attachment 190244
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Zapdos might be from RBY, but it's no slouch in dealing with the many common threats in USM OU such as Tornadus-T, Kartana, and Gliscor. Its typing allows it to check threats like Tornadus-T, Kartana, and Gliscor. The range of Pokemon that Zapdos checks isn't that wide, so saying that it can deal with the many threats in USM OU is a bit misleading. The second sentence doesn't really add anything, so I believe that it'd be easier to just combine the 2 sentences. Additionally, decent coverage and Roost, give it a good matchup against common walls like Ferrothorn and Celesteela. As this set capitalizes on Zapdos' decent offenses and coverage, while maintaining its defensive utilities, balanced and bulky offensive teams enjoy having this Zapdos set around. Pokemon like Kartana and Mega Scizor can punish the many specially defensive Pokemon that Zapdos struggles with, and both enjoy Zapdos' good matchup against their checks. I'm really not a fan of this, "specially defensive Pokemon" doesn't really tell me anything, and "their checks" also doesn't really tell me anything. Tapu Fini forms a great core with Zapdos to check many threats, provides Defog for Zapdos, and enjoys Zapdos checking Grass-types. Many offensive checks to Zapdos are worn down by hazards easily, so the likes of Ferrothorn and Heatran are also good partners. This doesn't really stand out when building with Zapdos, so there's no reason to highlight it here.
Once this is implemented, message me on Discord.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Zapdos might be from RBY, but it's no slouch in dealing with common threats in USM USUM OU such as Tornadus-T, Kartana, and Gliscor. Additionally, decent coverage and Roost,(RC) give it a good matchup against common walls like Ferrothorn and Celesteela. As this set capitalizes on Zapdos' Zapdos's decent offenses and coverage,(RC) while maintaining its defensive utilities utility, balanced and bulky offensive teams enjoy having this Zapdos set around. Pokemon like Kartana and Mega Scizor can punish specially defensive Pokemon that Zapdos struggles with, like such as Chansey, and both enjoy Zapdos' Zapdos's good matchup against bulky Steel-types and Tornadus-T. Tapu Fini forms a great core with Zapdos to check many threats, provides Defog for Zapdos support, and enjoys Zapdos checking Grass-types.

gp 1/1 once done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)