move 2: Darkest Lariat
move 3: Close Combat / Superpower
move 4: Bullet Seed / Stomping Tantrum
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Leaf Guard
nature: Jolly
evs: 168 Atk / 140 Def / 200 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Scarf Zarude surprises opponents that would otherwise expect to outspeed it and KOs them using its decent Attack. Power Whip allows Zarude to OHKO many Super-effective targets like Primarina and Azumarill, and land 2HKOs against many neutral targets like Dracovish and Zeraora. Darkest Lariat is likewise used against Ghost-type Pokemon like Dragapult or against targets that resist Power Whip like Rillaboom. Close Combat is used for OHKOing non-bulky Porygon-Z, while Superpower can be run to beat all Magnezone. Bullet Seed can be used to break Substitutes from opposing Pokemon or deal with FEAR tactics, while Stomping Tantrum ensures the matchup against Choice Specs Magnezone. 140 Defense EVs allow Zarude to survive a Close Combat from Choice Band Zeraora, and 200 Speed EVs along with a Jolly Nature and a Choice Scarf allow Zarude to outspeed Choice Scarf Jolly Hydreigon.

Choice Scarf Zarude suffers from physically defensive Pokemon, as it cannot break them due to low damage output. Thus, Zarude appreciates teammates which can, such as Trick Choice Specs Rotom-H, Trick Choice Specs Porygon-Z or Trick Choice Band Darmanitan-U. Zarude in return covers Ground- and Rock-types for Rotom-H, Ghost-, Rock- and Steel-types for Porygon-Z and Ground- and Rock- types for Rotom-H. Zarude also suffers against many strong Special Attackers like Bulky Porygon-Z or Bulky Primarina since they do not need to be that physically defensive to survive a hit, and then can ohko back. Thus, a specially defensive wall like stall Rotom-W or Assault Vest Primarina can help deal with these threats, and Zarude also covers opposing Grass-types like Rillaboom for Rotom-W and Primarina. Despite it's Type Advantage, Zarude cannot break Sap Sipper Azumarill as it simply cannot hit it effectively. Any Electric-type or a Poison-type like Salazzle should deal well with Azumarill.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
if you want to, go right ahead.

technically you're already overdue but I'm busy rn :psysly: good luck, i'll check back whenever
i finished this a while back, but I was made known about a stall Zarude set. can i also add that?

i finished this a while back, but I was made known about a stall Zarude set. can i also add that?
this is plenty for now, there’s already a lot of work here for qc and yourself once it gets checked. would rather focus on what we have rather than adding a rather unknown set to an already underused mon

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
this is plenty for now, there’s already a lot of work here for qc and yourself once it gets checked. would rather focus on what we have rather than adding a rather unknown set to an already underused mon
Sounds fine by me

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Power Whip
move 2: Darkest Lariat
move 3: Close Combat / Superpower
move 4: Bullet Seed / Stomping Tantrum Rock Slide / Bullet Seed
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Leaf Guard
nature: Jolly
evs: 168 Atk / 140 Def / 200 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Choice Scarf Zarude surprises opponents that would otherwise expect to outspeed it and KOs them using its decent Attack. (Examples would be nice here.) Power Whip allows Zarude to OHKO many Super-effective targets like Primarina and Azumarill, (either specify non-Sap Sipper or find another example (I think another example would be better)) and land 2HKOs against many neutral targets like Dracovish and Zeraora. Darkest Lariat is likewise used against for Ghost-type Pokemon like Dragapult or against targets that resist Power Whip like Rillaboom. (It's hilarious, but Rillaboom can OHKO with Superpower if it has it, or potentially 2HKO with Wood Hammer if offensive. Defensive wins beause of Grassy Seed alongside passive terrain recovery. Find other targets for Darkest Lariat to metion (if there truly are none, we might have to reconsider the move order.) Close Combat is used for OHKOing non-bulky Porygon-Z, while Superpower can also be run to beat all Magnezone. Bullet Seed can be used to break Substitutes from opposing Pokemon or deal with FEAR tactics, (need examples for both of these) while Stomping Tantrum ensures the matchup against Choice Specs Magnezone. (You said before Superpower beats all Magnezone, so why is Stomping Tantrum an option? Rock Slide is a much better option which allows Zarude to beat Volcarona. Make that the first move of the 4th slot, and then talk about Bullet Seed once you find good examples.)140 Defense EVs allow Zarude to survive a Close Combat from Choice Band Zeraora, and 200 Speed EVs along with a Jolly Nature and a Choice Scarf allow Zarude to outspeed Choice Scarf Jolly Hydreigon.

Choice Scarf Zarude suffers from struggles against physically defensive Pokemon, (such as...?) as it cannot break them due to low damage output. Thus, Zarude appreciates teammates which can, such as Trick Choice Specs Rotom-H, Trick Choice Specs Porygon-Z or Trick Choice Band Darmanitan-U. Zarude in return covers Ground- and Rock-types for Rotom-H, Ghost-, Rock- and Steel-types for Porygon-Z and Ground- and Rock- types for Rotom-H. (Needs examples.) Zarude also suffers against many strong Special Attackers like Bulky Porygon-Z or Bulky Primarina since they do not need to be that physically defensive to survive a hit, and then can ohko back. (Primarina needs to be REALLY fat. You can just make this point more general to encompass broader examples, something like "struggles againnt Special Attackers that it cannot KO such as...) Thus, a specially defensive wall like stall Rotom-W or Assault Vest Primarina can help deal with these threats, and Zarude also covers opposing Grass-types like Rillaboom for Rotom-W and Primarina. (Established prior that it doesn't beat Rillaboom, so what else does it cover for them?) Despite it's Type Advantage, Zarude cannot break Sap Sipper Azumarill as it simply cannot hit it effectively. Any Electric-type or a Poison-type like Salazzle should deal well with Azumarill.
let me know when implemented and ready for another check[/hide]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)