ZU ZeroUsed Ladder Tournament IV Playoffs [Won by Toto]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

art by Tsareentje

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the SS ZU ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays are required.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Round 1

#1 Toto vs #16 Corthius
#2 yovan33321 vs #15 swordstrike
#3 5Dots vs #14 Albi
#4 Jett vs #13 Tuthur
#5 Mr.Bossaru vs #12 a fruitshop owner
#6 LustfulLice vs #11 S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
#7 terreitor vs #10 Drud
#8 OranBerryBlissey10 vs #9 Danny

Subs (unordered):
PrinceOfAllTacos
Ciro napoli
QuinnXD
clean

Round 2

#1 Toto vs #9 Danny
#2 yovan33321 vs #10 Drud
#14 Albi vs #11 S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
#4 Jett vs #5 Mr.Bossaru

Round 3

#1 Toto vs #5 Mr.Bossaru
#10 Drud vs 14 Albi

Finals

#1 Toto vs #10 Drud

DEADLINE: July 4th, 7:00 AM GMT+2

Last edited:
Predicts:

Toto vs Corthius (75 vs 25). On the one hand, tlenit is one of the best builder and player in the ZU community, always going with creative builds and making solid plays. On the other hand, Corthiuscame back from his retirement some months ago and showed solid level of building and playing, however I think he is still far from the level of Toto. That really sucks, because I think Corthius is a promising ZU player and I think he is better than some other players in the pool. However, Toto is just too good.

5dots vs Albi. I don't know enough 5dotsso it's hard to tell, but Albi has more experience in the tier and is an extremely solid ZU player, so I'm giving him the edge.

Jett vs Tuthur (55 vs 45). Highlight of the week. I think both players have similar building level, but Jett is a more solid player in my experience. However, lately Jett has been playing more other tiers than ZU (NFE, NU, and I may miss some others), while Tuthur just went undefeated in UMPL playing ZU, so I can really see Jett win there too.

Mr.bossaru vs Afo. Kinda the same as for Jett vs Tuthur. I don't know Mr.bossaru and Afo has more experience in the tier.

LustfulLice vs S1nnoh (100 vs 0). Tuthur said someone who lost to Bekaray can only get stomped.

Terreitor vs Drud (30 vs 70). terreitor is going to rely on cheese because I haven't seen them doing anything else and they do it pretty poorly. Drud should win pretty easily if he doesn't get unwinnable matchups and doesn't choke. Tbh I haven't seen drud play seriously for a while, however his previous builds were all solid and therefore I'm confident that he'll easily defeat terreitor.

OranBerryBlissey10 vs Danny(40 vs 60). I don't know danny much but I think that tox is in a really bad position. I haven't seen him play ZU for a while, since I only remember him spaming broken rain which is now banned. After seeing him play and build in NFE for UMPL, idt he'll be able to build several consistent builds and beat Albinson who's known to be a solid player.

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Predicts:

Toto vs Corthius (75 vs 25). On the one hand, tlenit is one of the best builder and player in the ZU community, always going with creative builds and making solid plays. On the other hand, Corthiuscame back from his retirement some months ago and showed solid level of building and playing, however I think he is still far from the level of Toto. That really sucks, because I think Corthius is a promising ZU player and I think he is better than some other players in the pool. However, Toto is just too good.
Will make sure Toto leaves everything on the field when they play. I guess im on camp Toto from now on. LETS GOOOO! On the other hand, i know my last build from early gen hit differently. Its been only like close to couple years now

1654476559939.png

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
#1 Toto vs #16 Corthius - I find Toto more solid and overall more used to tournaments than Corthius. That said I could totally see Corthius winning it, with his better metagame knowledge and probably some original builds unlike Toto who is always limited team wise.
#2 yovan33321 vs #15 swordstrike - Another pairing that I could see both ways, I think yovan will try harder than his opponent, who I don't know much about. They seemed to qualify quite easily, but I don't know how motivate they'll be to win.
#3 5Dots vs #14 Albi - I don't really know about this one. Both players are quite inconsistent ingame, while having solid teams, so it could go both way. I'm giving the edge to 5Dots who has a better metagame knowledge.
#5 Mr.Bossaru vs #12 a fruitshop owner - afo is a better player and will be prepared for the Bossaru 6.
#6 LustfulLice vs #11 S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - Ho3n just won SSNL and is one of the best ZU players oat, while Lice is a newcomer who I know nothing of.
#7 terreitor vs #10 Drud - Drud gotta stop losing if he wants to take his revenge in ZU Championship.
#8 OranBerryBlissey10 vs #9 Danny - OBB beat Danny in SSNL, however kay is back to provide solid teams to Danny who is imo a better player than OBB.

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
#1 Toto vs #16 Corthius - I find Toto more solid and overall more used to tournaments than Corthius. That said I could totally see Corthius winning it, with his better metagame knowledge and probably some original builds unlike Toto who is always limited team wise.
#2 yovan33321 vs #15 swordstrike - Another pairing that I could see both ways, I think yovan will try harder than his opponent, who I don't know much about. They seemed to qualify quite easily, but I don't know how motivate they'll be to win.
#3 5Dots vs #14 Albi - I don't really know about this one. Both players are quite inconsistent ingame, while having solid teams, so it could go both way. I'm giving the edge to 5Dots who has a better metagame knowledge.
#5 Mr.Bossaru vs #12 a fruitshop owner - afo is a better player and will be prepared for the Bossaru 6.
#6 LustfulLice vs #11 S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - Ho3n just won SSNL and is one of the best ZU players oat, while Lice is a newcomer who I know nothing of.
#7 terreitor vs #10 Drud - Drud gotta stop losing if he wants to take his revenge in ZU Championship.
#8 OranBerryBlissey10 vs #9 Danny - OBB beat Danny in SSNL, however kay is back to provide solid teams to Danny who is imo a better player than OBB.
#4 Jett vs #13 Tuthur - Jett too busy playing tft instead of focussing on mons while Tuthur has no maidens but at least he has all the time in the world to build instead. Also Tuthur probably wants to buy Jett and beating them makes them look worse so they'll go for cheaper in ZUPL so he'll try harder.

#1 Toto vs #9 Danny : Tlenit easily won the first round, he has a great knowledge and danny is not ready.
#14 Albi vs #11 S1nn0hC0nfirm3d ho3n is still the best when czim is not here. Even if he will lose vs #2 next week
#4 Jett vs #5 Mr.Bossaru : Jett will not support his fate after haxxing tuthur1, and bossaru won vs on of the favorite guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)