Metagame ZeroUsed

Misses out on crucial KOs fairly often, while it only really helps vs Solrock, Lunatone, Bronzor and Drifblim, none of which are horribly common and can be worn down easily enough anyways. Not worth the power loss.
Most notable is that it helps against Misdreavus, which is actually pretty common. I haven’t done any calcs so I’m not sure, but at least consider it.

Most notable is that it helps against Misdreavus, which is actually pretty common. I haven’t done any calcs so I’m not sure, but at least consider it.
+6 252+ Atk Smeargle Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 165-195 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Then Smeargle gets burned and the sweep's dead. It was a nice thought, I'll admit, but it wouldn't work very well. You have to remember base 20 attack is hot garbage :P

+6 252+ Atk Smeargle Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 165-195 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Then Smeargle gets burned and the sweep's dead. It was a nice thought, I'll admit, but it wouldn't work very well. You have to remember base 20 attack is hot garbage :P
I mean, if you don’t run it and there’s a Missy, you’re never sweeping until it’s dead. With TA, at least you can sweep if it’s weakened.

But who cares, it’s a massive meme anyway

I may not know this meta well, but can I just ask why Unfezant doesn't seem to be on the VR? It seems like this set is pretty decent, around as good as many of the C ranked mons.

Unfezant @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn/HP Grass/Roost
- Sky Attack
- Return
- Heat Wave

A Z-Sky Attack from this thing absolutely destroys. With rocks up, it outspeeds and OHKOs CB Stoutland and Guts Ursaring, then it puts Bulk Up Vigoroth easily in range of Return (possibly two if it goes for Bulk Up, depends on roll I think) while Vigoroth needs a BU up to even 2hko Unfezant so it has to have set up beforehand if it has little attack investment. Heat Wave lets it 2HKO physically defensive Mawile and HP Grass lets it 2HKO any Golems which foolishly decide to try setting up rocks on it first. It beats SD Pinsir without Stone Edge 1v1 without even needing to use the Z-Move since Return 2HKOs and Unfezant outspeeds it. In fact, 93 base speed actually outspeeds a pretty decent amount of things - which is the main reason to use this over Toucannon obviously, and it's definitely worth it. Also, for a physical breaker, it's really good at breaking Tangela, of course - It OHKOs it with SSSS if it's specially bulky, and has a decent chance to after rocks if it's physically bulky. Return generally damages switch ins pretty well, and Super Luck can turn games around sometimes.

Of course, maybe the sets for these things I'm looking at are outdated and I'm completely wrong, but surely these qualities are enough for the C ranks? It does, of course, have issues like dying to special attackers and notably not being good vs Rotom-Freeze, as well as usually only being able to use a Flying STAB attack once (although it's awesome when you can force a switch and then start charging Sky Attack up), but it's not exactly awful. Z-Moves were the greatest gift this thing has ever gotten, so its a shame it just got ignored :/

Sorry if this is a stupid nom for some reason, but I tried :P

Calcs:
252 Atk Unfezant Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Tangela: 264-312 (79 - 93.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Unfezant Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Stoutland: 325-384 (104.5 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Unfezant Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mawile: 156-184 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Unfezant Hidden Power Grass vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 176-208 (58.4 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Unfezant Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir: 153-180 (56.4 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Pinsir Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Unfezant: 109-129 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Unfezant Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Vigoroth: 241-285 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Unfezant Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Vigoroth: 123-145 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Vigoroth Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Unfezant: 109-130 (36.2 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Unfezant Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 378-445 (98.4 - 115.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage

I think it's time to rank the new Pokemon.

UR --> B+
Smeargle is honestly a really good option in this tier. I admittedly haven't played a crazy amount, but it's such a good Sticky Web user and has a Speed tier that actually isn't horrible. It can even pull off offensive Belly Drum + Extreme Speed sets fairly well. Sticky Web in general is an under-appreciated playstyle, and Smeargle forms a fantastic core with Pawniard specifically which can come in on the metagame's defoggers like Rotom-Frost and pressure them with Defiant. I even reckon Smeargle could be ranked higher as its utility offers a unique niche that no other Pokemon can really do at once, but I think we have to see how it truly does in this metagame.

UR --> C/C-
Unfortunately, ZU doesn't get access to Torkoal's Drought, making it a really mediocre option in the metagame. While it has great physical bulk and ability to set up rocks, its typing is pretty bad defensively with a Stealth Rock weakness itself. Not only this, but as a tank, Torkoal has no way of reliable recovery, making it really easy to wear down. It also loses to the metagame's premier special attackers, like Simipour or Kadabra for example. Access to Shell Smash sounds nice in theory too but Torkoal is incredibly slow even for this tier, and finds itself outsped by so many things after a boost. Its offensive limitations are further bolstered by its lack of offensive coverage outside of Fire STAB + Earth Power. Overall, I don't see any reason to use Torkoal over much better physical pivots like Gourgeist-Large, which actually have a serviceable typing and access to solid recovery.

UR --> A-
Dugtrio is honestly so good. It's faster than almost the entire unboosted metagame and its mono Ground typing allows it to beat so many of the metagame's top threats. 100 Attack is solid as well, and Ground STAB means it can take on Mawile, Golem, Kadabra, Monferno, and others. Dugtrio is a great option on offensive teams and bulky offensive teams alike because it's so hard to revenge kill offensively outside of dedicated Choice Scarf users. Dugtrio can run a Z-Move set or a Choice Band set, making it somewhat unpredictable offensively. Dugtrio’s weakness comes from the fact that plenty of Pokemon in the metagame wall it. Torterra and Gourgeist-Large come to mind, as they take very little damage from its stonequake coverage and threaten it with their Grass type STAB moves. Besides this though, Dugtrio is a fantastic tool against offense and for this, I believe A- is appropriate.

I admittedly haven’t played this metagame an insane amount, but I do find it really fun and I’m down to get more into it. Grats on the new banner too! It’s an insane upgrade. Good luck with the tier :)

HI I’d like to write something about some pokemons I really like:

Pawniard:

Since it gets +2 atk from Defiant when Defogged or intimidated by Mawile, Using it in a sticky web is what I’d reccomend. Most of the people use Silvally-Fairy as a defogger, using pawniard allows you to get +2 boost and OHKO silvally with iron head, they’ll probably use flamethrower on your pawniard which doesn’t OHKO if you’re holding Eviolite (unless they’re modest max spatk which is not likely).
Pawniard has 4mss and I know this could be weird but I like using stealth rock on pawniard as its 4th move, your opponent can’t defog when facing your pawniard so you can set stealth rock without being scared of defog.
If you already have a Stealth Rock setter, you can use two moves that are really useful if used on a switch in,those two moves are Swords Dance and Pursuit, I’d not recommend using those 2 moves in the same moveset.
Pawniard can kill all the psychic mons in this meta pretty easily,it is not good against special pokemons that can OHKO/2HKO pawn,
It can still break some physical walls like Mawile,Metang.
Pawniard is also a good revenge killer and its sucker punch deals a lot of damage when at +1/+2 atk.
Pawniard also has some bulk and it walls some pokemon that can’t hurt it like Roselia and grass types in general.
There are a lot of psychic pokemons in this Tier and pawniard is a really good check/Counter to them,be aware some psychic pokemons may have Focus Blast (like Mr Mime or Grumpig). It can also help you with the Ghosts in the tier even if there are just a few viable like Gourgeist/Misdreavus. so here’s the set:

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock / Swords Dance / Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

musharna.gif

Musharna:

Musharna is the best CM user in the tier and it has a really good movepool, it also is a good cleric with heal bell. you can choose between Moonlight and Signal beam which are both helpful, signal beam hits dark types and psychic types and things like tangela, moonlight helps setting up with CM+Heal bell. Heal bell is really helpful since musharna can use synchronize+heal bell to toxic opponent when they toxic you and then heal your poison, setting up while facing a wall that can just toxic you and set hazards makes Musharna the best CM user, after some CMs it completely walls special pokemons like Regice, which is one of the pokemons I like to set up on.
Psychic stab also deals a lot of damage even with no CM, and it can punish Switch-ins or Taunt predicts.
You can run physical bulk, but I like max spatk because it hits really hard even with no CM,
Pawniard is one of the pokemon that musharna is scared of, Metang is also another one, band Stoutland does not wall musharna but it can outspeed it and deal a solid 40%+. This pokemon only has a few counters and switch ins.
You can use Buginium or Leftovers as Item, buginium allows you to deal more damage to psychic mons, leftovers grants some more recovery. Another item you can use is Normalium for Z-Healbell which gives you 100% recovery

Here’s some sets:

Musharna @ Leftovers / Buginium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam / MoonLight
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Hope you enjoyed :D

Last edited:
HI I’d like to write something about some pokemons I really like:

Pawniard:

Since it gets +2 atk from Defiant when Defogged or intimidated by Mawile, Using it in a sticky web is what I’d reccomend. Most of the people use Silvally-Fairy as a defogger, using pawniard allows you to get +2 boost and OHKO silvally with iron head, they’ll probably use flamethrower on your pawniard which doesn’t OHKO if you’re holding Eviolite (unless they’re modest max spatk which is not likely).
Pawniard has 4mss and I know this could be weird but I like using stealth rock on pawniard as its 4th move, your opponent can’t defog when facing your pawniard so you can set stealth rock without being scared of defog.
If you already have a Stealth Rock setter, you can use two moves that are really useful if used on a switch in,those two moves are Swords Dance and Pursuit, I’d not recommend using those 2 moves in the same moveset.
Pawniard can kill all the psychic mons in this meta pretty easily,it is not good against special pokemons that can OHKO/2HKO pawn,
It can still break some physical walls like Mawile,Metang.
Pawniard is also a good revenge killer and its sucker punch deals a lot of damage when at +1/+2 atk.
Pawniard also has some bulk and it walls some pokemon that can’t hurt it like Roselia and grass types in general.
There are a lot of psychic pokemons in this Tier and pawniard is a really good check/Counter to them,be aware some psychic pokemons may have Focus Blast (like Mr Mime or Grumpig). It can also help you with the Ghosts in the tier even if there are just a few viable like Gourgeist/Misdreavus. so here’s the set:

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock / Swords Dance / Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

View attachment 104970
Musharna:

Musharna is the best CM user in the tier and it has a really good movepool, it also is a good cleric with heal bell. you can choose between Moonlight and Signal beam which are both helpful, signal beam hits dark types and psychic types and things like tangela, moonlight helps setting up with CM+Heal bell. Heal bell is really helpful since musharna can use synchronize+heal bell to toxic opponent when they toxic you and then heal your poison, setting up while facing a wall that can just toxic you and set hazards makes Musharna the best CM user, after some CMs it completely walls special pokemons like Regice, which is one of the pokemons I like to set up on.
Psychic stab also deals a lot of damage even with no CM, and it can punish Switch-ins or Taunt predicts.
You can run physical bulk, but I like max spatk because it hits really hard even with no CM,
Pawniard is one of the pokemon that musharna is scared of, Metang is also another one, band Stoutland does not wall musharna but it can outspeed it and deal a solid 40%+. This pokemon only has a few counters and switch ins.
You can use Buginium or Leftovers as Item, buginium allows you to deal more damage to psychic mons, leftovers grants some more recovery. Another item you can use is Normalium for Z-Healbell which gives you 100% recovery

Here’s some sets:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam / MoonLight
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Hope you enjoyed :D
For the max Spa set, you shouldn't be utilizing no recovery and include it being a reliable Trick Room setter with access to Healing Wish. Resist Berry / Mental Herb takes on this role so that you always get a chance to set up TR against offensive threats and sacrifice it for wall breaker partners such as Ursaring / Wishiwashi while also functioning as a bulky psychic, checking threats such as Monferno and Muk. Never forget that this pokemon is one of the rare set up sweepers with access to Stored Power.:mehowth:

Here's a Pokémon that, looking at the current meta, could do some decent work on Sun teams.
Cherrim!
A lot of people just laugh at Cherrim, but from my testing and calcing it looks like it has potential. Flower Gift is an amazing ability, and while Cherrim's movepool might suck it seems to have just what it needs to make it in ZU.
Cherrim @ Rockium Z
Ability: Flower Gift
Hasty Nature
- Petal Blizzard
- Weather Ball
- Rollout
- Growth
Hear me out. Cherrim has respectable enough Special Defense with the Sun up thanks to Flower Gift, giving it some decent opportunities to set up a Growth. After said Growth, it can break quite well. Petal Blizzard is extremely spammable, Weather Ball covers bulky Grasses and Z-Rollout can destroy Rotom-Fan and assorted Fire types with a boost up. While Rotom-Fan does outspeed, Cherrim lives an Air Slash thanks to the Sp.Def boost.
+2 4 SpA Cherrim Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Gourgeist-Large in Sun: 430-506 (121.4 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 4 SpA Cherrim Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Torterra in Sun: 442-522 (112.1 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Flower Gift Cherrim Continental Crush (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Fan in Sun: 376-444 (156 - 184.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Flower Gift Cherrim Continental Crush (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Combusken in Sun: 300-353 (114.9 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Main things it struggles with are Rotom-Frost and Torkoal, it seems. Fast Fire types can also pose an issue. Overall though, it seems like quite an effective balance breaker and potential cleaner. At least worth a C imo.

Here's a Pokémon that, looking at the current meta, could do some decent work on Sun teams.
Cherrim!
A lot of people just laugh at Cherrim, but from my testing and calcing it looks like it has potential. Flower Gift is an amazing ability, and while Cherrim's movepool might suck it seems to have just what it needs to make it in ZU.
Cherrim @ Rockium Z
Ability: Flower Gift
Hasty Nature
- Petal Blizzard
- Weather Ball
- Rollout
- Growth
Hear me out. Cherrim has respectable enough Special Defense with the Sun up thanks to Flower Gift, giving it some decent opportunities to set up a Growth. After said Growth, it can break quite well. Petal Blizzard is extremely spammable, Weather Ball covers bulky Grasses and Z-Rollout can destroy Rotom-Fan and assorted Fire types with a boost up. While Rotom-Fan does outspeed, Cherrim lives an Air Slash thanks to the Sp.Def boost.
+2 4 SpA Cherrim Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Gourgeist-Large in Sun: 430-506 (121.4 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 4 SpA Cherrim Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Torterra in Sun: 442-522 (112.1 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Flower Gift Cherrim Continental Crush (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Fan in Sun: 376-444 (156 - 184.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Flower Gift Cherrim Continental Crush (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Combusken in Sun: 300-353 (114.9 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Main things it struggles with are Rotom-Frost and Torkoal, it seems. Fast Fire types can also pose an issue. Overall though, it seems like quite an effective balance breaker and potential cleaner. At least worth a C imo.
Set looks interesting and in theory it might put in work in certain matchups, but overall I don't see Cherrim justifying a slot on an already congested playstyle. Weepingbell, which is also unranked, is arguably better than Cherrim on sun due to Chlorophyll and +2 LO Sludge Bomb netting the same KO's. For these reasons, I disagree with ranking Cherrim.

If you want to nominate unranked Pokemon, adding replays which showcase their niche is the best evidence you can have.

Set looks interesting and in theory it might put in work in certain matchups, but overall I don't see Cherrim justifying a slot on an already congested playstyle. Weepingbell, which is also unranked, is arguably better than Cherrim on sun due to Chlorophyll and +2 LO Sludge Bomb netting the same KO's. For these reasons, I disagree with ranking Cherrim.

If you want to nominate unranked Pokemon, adding replays which showcase their niche is the best evidence you can have.
Fair point, Weepinbell is definitely competition for it. I'll try both on sun and see what they bring to the table. Hopefully get some replays while I'm at it.

I’ve seen this thread wasn’t so active in the last few days, i’m gonna post something about leafeon ,

the main reason I use this pokemon is to set up infront of some stealth rock setters that are scared of it. This pokemon has access to swords dance and knock off making it good against pokemons like tangela which can’t do much against it. Smeargle is another example, its main set is Spore/StickyWeb/MagicCoat/SR, but beware it could have nuzzle and leafeon does not like to be paralyzed, for this reason torterra is a better choice if you need something against smeargle. The optimal item for leafeon is Z Move, I’d reccomend normalium which gives you the chance to kill stab resists with Z-DoubleEdge and it is really good because you can kill combusken or monfernos in switch-ins at +2 atk. I really like this pokemon, it can set up really easily and if your opponents can’t outspeed leafeon you can sweep with STAB+Z-DoubleEdge, knock off is a good option since there are many psychic types in this tier and knocking off NFE walls’ eviolites is really good.
Leafeon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Leaf Blade

Stoutland:

Is there even anything to say about this dog? It is one of the strongest pokemon of the tier, its band set gives you a lot of power which your opponent can’t even lower by using will o wisp if you’re using facade. It has really good coverage, and the access to superpower and stomping tantrum gives you the opportunity to deal damage even to your STAB resists. Also Crunch and Play Rough/psychic fangs give you the chance to hit the many psychic types and some of the fighting types which your stoutland is scared of (like silvally-fighting or hakamo-o). The ability you should use is scrappy, so you can hit misdreavus and gourgeist-L, but if using a sand team you can use sand rush (which allows you to outspeed silvally-fighting). This pokemon only has a few switch ins: mawile,tangela,metang and poliwrath. Those 3 are the walls you should avoid to face with stoutland unless they’re in range of a kill (or if tangela lost eviolite).Return/Frustration STAB is also really good and it deals more damage than you expect with band. To sum up this dog is really hard to counter unless you have mawile,tangela, metan or poliwrath, if you don’t have those you must try to get a revenge kill on stout after it got a KO, pokemons with focus blast/superpower or fighting pokemons (monferno and combusken help) are the only way to OHKO (by revenge kill) stoutland. If you have problems with this doggo you can either wall it :blobstop: or check it :blobtriumph:.

Hope you enjoyed

Last edited:
I’ve seen this thread wasn’t so active in the last few days, i’m gonna post something about leafeon ,

the main reason I use this pokemon is to set up infront of some stealth rock setters that are scared of it. This pokemon has access to swords dance and knock off making it good against pokemons like tangela which can’t do much against it. Smeargle is another example, its main set is Spore/StickyWeb/MagicCoat/SR, but beware it could have nuzzle and leafeon does not like to be paralyzed, for this reason torterra is a better choice if you need something against smeargle. The optimal item for leafeon is Z Move, I’d reccomend normalium which gives you the chance to kill stab resists with Z-DoubleEdge and it is really good because you can kill combusken or monfernos in switch-ins at +2 atk. I really like this pokemon, it can set up really easily and if your opponents can’t outspeed leafeon you can sweep with STAB+Z-DoubleEdge, knock off is a good option since there are many psychic types in this tier and knocking off NFE walls’ eviolites is really good.
Leafeon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Leaf Blade
Another set that takes advantage of recent metagame trends, specifically Smeargle, is the Choice Band set with Bullet Seed. It only takes 3 hits to KO Focus Sash Smeargle, taking away any chance of hazards being up. This set also hits the likes of Golem and Trick Room Carbink (needs 4 hits though). Aside from being a good anti-lead, CB Leafeon very easily chips its defensive switch-ins by removing Leftovers and Eviolite from Mawile, Tangela, Togetic, and Vullaby for example with Knock Off. Moreover, offensive switch-ins such as Rapidash or Silvally-Grass take 30% and more from banded Leaf Blade. The main drawbacks with this particular set is unboosted Leafeon isn’t difficult to revenge kill and being locked into certain moves makes it easy to play around.

I know people mostly think of Smeargle as a hazard setter but in a tier like ZU things might actually be frail enough to get smacked up by a Belly Drum set of all things.

My set:
Smeargle @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake/Precipice Blades

You have to be in against something slower than Smeargle, then use Spore, BD up safely and spam ESpeed, using Ground coverage to hit the steels and ghosts of the tier.

The damage isn't that bad, looking at calcs. It does stuff like this:
+6 252+ Atk Smeargle Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Golem: 352-416 (116.9 - 138.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Frost: 252-297 (104.5 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Stoutland: 288-340 (92.6 - 109.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+5 252+ Atk Smeargle Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 310-366 (101.9 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Obviously not the greatest set but it does well enough. You will need to damage things like Musharna and Dusclops before sweeping, and rocks are desirable, but in the right situation the sweep can't be stopped because it outprioritizes all its enemies (Just be careful around Protect, since ESpeed only has 8 PP). It has a niche IMO, though I'm not the most experienced with the tier. If you want to be really cool, run Metronome instead of Silk Scarf :P
(Note: If using EQ over Blades, you probably want to make sure you have a spike up first)
Bro why the fuck aren't you running Technician Bonemerang?

The first VR update is here! The tier is still shaking from the loss of Altaria, Clefairy, and Swanna, but it's time to show where we're at right now.

First off, I'd like to say that the council has decided to convert D rank into a 'Usually Useless' rank. This is reserved for Pokemon that do have a niche, but this niche is so small that they're not worth using on any serious team.
In addition, the names all Pokemon in the S and A+ rank as well as several in lower ranks now link to pokepastes with sample sets for them. The council hopes that this will make teambuilding considerably easier for newer players. Over time, more of these sets will be added.
Lastly, I will only be offering explanations for the rankings of the new Pokemon. This is a massive change so it's unrealistic to explain every Pokemon and most of them come down to us losing Altaria/Clefairy/Swanna or gaining Smeargle/Dugtrio. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me or anyone else in the council either here, on Discord, or in the PS room.

That's all I've got to say, so here are the changes:
Dugtrio: Ranked at B+ - Dugtrio is extremely notable for being our only Ground type faster than Rotom-Frost and capable of holding items (aka not Silvally-Ground), allowing it to OHKO the fridge. This gives offensive teams a new tool to force consistent 50/50s against it or easily revenge kill it. Fast Ground-types are also incredibly threatening in general, though our plethora of bulky Grass-types like Tangela, Torterra, and Gourgeist-L prevent it from doing incredible at the moment. Dugtrio is also a massive boon to Sand teams, as both Choice Band and SubToxic + Z-Move sets are very hard to switch into when boosted by Sand Force.
Smeargle: Ranked at A- - Smeargle has singlehandedly boosted Sticky Web teams from 'good' to 'top tier'. Its biggest advantage over other setters is its access to Spore and a good Speed stat, meaning it is incredibly reliable at setting up Webs. Grass-types have gotten even more common with this around, as a Spore immunity is incredibly important now. Needless to say, Smeargle is a force that has to be considered if you don't want to be run over by a Stoutland or an Ursaring under Webs.
Torkoal: Ranked at C - Unfortunately for it, Torkoal doesn't really have a place in our metagame. As we also saw with Sandslash back in January, a slow, bulky Pokemon with no recovery does not become good just because it has Stealth Rock + Rapid Spin. In fact, its defensive set was only marginally considered when ranking this. The focus is more on its Shell Smash set, which is decent at breaking for its teammates but still way too slow to sweep, meaning it is only getting ranked at C.

Chatot: A -> A+
Silvally-Water: A -> A+
Ursaring: A -> A+
Grumpig: A- -> A
Rapidash: A- -> A
Probopass: B+ -> A-
Raichu: B+ -> A-
Purugly: B -> B+
Servine: B -> B+
Armaldo: B- -> B
Hakamo-o: B- -> B
Murkrow: B- -> B
Silvally-Dragon: B- -> B
Silvally-Grass: C -> B
Oricorio: C+ -> B-
Sawsbuck: C- -> B-
Quilladin: C+ -> B-
Gourgeist: Unranked -> C+
Onix: Usually Useless -> C+
Swoobat: C -> C+
Chinchou: C- -> C
Illumise: Unranked -> C
Natu: Usually Useless -> C
Seaking: C- -> C
Meowstic-F: Unranked -> C-
Raticate: Unranked -> C-
Silvally-Electric: Unranked -> Usually Useless

Beheeyem: A+ -> A
Pinsir: A+ -> A
Oricorio-E: A -> A-
Gourgeist-L: A -> A-
Leafeon: A -> A-
Shiftry: A -> A-
Roselia: A- -> B+
Lickilicky: A- -> B+
Pyukumuku: A- -> B+
Masquerain B+ -> B
Regice: B+ -> B
Basculin: B -> B-
Leavanny: B -> B-
Silvally: B -> B-
Gabite: B- -> C+
Solrock: B- -> C+
Stunfisk: B- -> C+
Cacturne: B- -> C+
Prinplup: B- -> C+
Silvally-Dark: B- -> C+
Alolan Golem: C -> C-
Politoed: C -> C-
Wormadam-S: C -> C-
Corsola: C -> Usually Useless
Poipole: C- -> Usually Useless
Banette: Usually Useless -> Unranked
Lunatone: Usually Useless -> Unranked
Shiinotic: Usually Useless -> Unranked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 1)