- Fantastic mixed attacking stats coupled with great speed
- Extremely frail.
- Unique ability can be useful.
- Shallow movepool gives Zoroark a few options, though most are pretty similar.
name: All Out Attacker
move 1: Night Daze / Dark Pulse
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Flamethrower / Grass Knot
move 4: Sucker Punch
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- This set takes advantage of Zoroark's great mixed attacking stats without the need to set-up.
- Night Daze and Dark Pulse are both good STAB options. Although you may think that Night Daze will blow your cover, the chanses are that once you've attacked, your cover is blown already.
- Night Daze has slightly more power and a chance to lower opponents'accuracy. Dark Pulse has a flinch chance and perfect accuracy. Both are useful and which you want to use is a matter of personal preference.
- Focus Blast provides perfect coverage alongside Dark STAB.
- Flamethrower gets good super-effective coverage, though Grass knot allows you to take on Bulky waters more reliably.
- Sucker Punch is a nice STAB Priority that allows you to pick off weakened opponents.
- Zoroark can run Extrasensory to hit Fighting-types harder, though they are not as common as in OU, which hampers its usefulness.
- Zoroark doesn't have many other options for this set outside of Hidden power, although he gets enough coverage as it is.
- Expert belt can be used to improve Zoroark's longevity or bluff a choice item, but it really needs all the power it can get, to score KOes on neutral hits.
- Although Illusion seems like you can trick the opponent really well and nab an extra KO or two, there are two things that really hinder Illusion's potential. The first is Team Preview as once your opponent sees a Zoroark, they're going to keep an eye out for it. The second is the fact that illusion doesn't disguise the health bar. As a result, entry hazard damage and the amount of damage that your pokemon have taken earlier in the game will often betray Zoroark's true identity. As a result it is generally not worth the extra effort to try and pass Zoroark as some other specific pokemon, rather just use him due to his great stats.
- Nasty Plot
- Other Options
- Checks and Counters